• 2(current)
Req Massive font size
Guilouz !!! I will be repetitive but I would need large fonts in Estuary Mod.....
(2016-05-08, 12:53)Ed76 Wrote: thanks, but since this is kodis new "default" skin it should be possible to read the text without modifying xml-files. thats why the feature request.

+1
Any update?
Searched for larger font sizes as my wife commented tonight that she can't read the new skin's font.... She's has perfect eye sight...
This is on a 50" Plasma in the living room, from about 10' away... Basically the reason/use case for Estuary.

We've been using Kodi for over 5 years in this same setup... Ability to increase font size will really be useful.
I have a large screen television but the font in the TV Guide is completely unreadable and will mean that I won't be upgrading to Kodi 17, which is a pity, as it generally appears to be a big improvement over Kodi 16.

Why is there such opposition to this? It doesn't need to be a "massive" font but rather an option to incrementally increase the font size in say 10 or 20 percent steps.
the biggest problem is the waste of space on the borders of the screen. thats why the room /space for fonts is to small. for me its very hard to read the epg, a friend told me the same. there should be a kind of "zoom" for some osd's like the epg, that way there would be less waste of space to the borders and the fonts would also be zoomed/bigger.
"Massive" is indeed the wrong word for this thread... Just a size such that all text legible from 9 feet away on a 50" TV. Right now, the synopsis for example is not.
We have switched to Amber Skin which is perfect for 9 foot / living room viewing.

I also don't quite know the reason why this isn't getting more attention from the Devs given that the reason for the change I understood to be to better align with the living room use case (the current setup/size is perfect for 9 inch / PC distance viewing).
This should be a bug report and not a feature request in my opinion.

The principles of 10 foot interface have been forgotten with this skin. Many text elements are simply too small.
http://kodi.wiki/view/10-foot_user_interface

You may say "oh just change to another skin" but I don't understand the logic of shipping a non-10 foot UI by default in HTPC software.
I am also joining the chorus of larger font size particular on the guide menu. That size is too small for the 10 foot UI experience.
In my opinion the font size is a little bit to small for the 10 foot UI experience.
It's kind of uncomfortable to read.
Please add an option to increase font size. (customizable main menu would be nice too *g*)
Thank you!
With all due respect to the Devs, can you please participate in this discussion?

It's quite a strange state to ask for feedback, but then ignore feedback on the usability issue that many are raising (especially since living room usage was raised as the main reason for the creation of, and the changeover to Estuary).
I also think that the font is too small and there's too much wasted space in the EPG timeline. I decided to modify the view by editing the file MyPVRGuide.xml in skin.estuary\1080i\
I increased font sizes, made the program boxes larger and added channel logos after the channel numbers. I also modified the program info area more to my liking. I copied the genre colour textures from an old Confluence mod.

Here's a screenshot of my changed version.

Here's a link to the xml file if you want to try it. It's based on the Beta 1 version of Estuary from the 21st of August. I've kept the original values in comments and I've tagged every change I made in the original file.
MyPVRGuide
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
^
You could drive a truck through top and bottom 'taskbars' and yet in most views they are largely empty space. Or populated with pointless text.

16:9 displays already have very limited vertical space, so it is baffling why they devote so much space to not one but two huge task bars. This is partly the reason why the text is tiny everywhere else.

The skin is just fundamentally flawed from the get-go, it's very difficult now to just "make the font bigger" when dealing with such cramped text elements. That's why there has been no dev response. The best thing to do would be to scrap the whole thing and start fresh with community assistance. The font size for the plot of The Jungle Book in the unmodified image above is a joke.
@Zaaacharias

That's a great example and really helps illustrate the point a lot of us have been trying to make, but please be careful about what you use as an example image. Mainly, avoid references to banned add-ons (wiki). A list of just "movies" is okay, but there's a specific add-on name that should be avoided. I only mention it so that there is less chance a mod will delete your example in the future, as it really is a nice example.
(2016-09-10, 22:02)voochi Wrote: ^
You could drive a truck through top and bottom 'taskbars' and yet in most views they are largely empty space. Or populated with pointless text.

16:9 displays already have very limited vertical space, so it is baffling why they devote so much space to not one but two huge task bars. This is partly the reason why the text is tiny everywhere else.

The skin is just fundamentally flawed from the get-go, it's very difficult now to just "make the font bigger" when dealing with such cramped text elements. That's why there has been no dev response. The best thing to do would be to scrap the whole thing and start fresh with community assistance. The font size for the plot of The Jungle Book in the unmodified image above is a joke.

I would not say it is fundamentally flawed. Adjusting the spacing is a rather minor thing when you look at the big picture. There's a lot of "foundation" that Estuary lays down that is really good. Most everything else is one part preference and one part dark magic.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Massive font size4