Weird Messaging from Addon
Occasionally I'll watch a recording while another show is being recorded. When the new recording starts, I get the message on screen "PVR recording started" and it gives the Episode name. Five minutes later I get another message saying "recording completed". Sometimes instead of that, I get the message "recording deleted". Regardless of what messages I get, everything does work. The recording completes and nothing is deleted. Can anyone explain why I get these messages? Is there anyway I can go in a change it?
You can turn off the messages in settings/tv/recording then click on "display a notification on the timer updates" to turn it off or on.

Hope it helps
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
(2016-03-14, 08:02)Rjsachse Wrote: You can turn off the messages in settings/tv/recording then click on "display a notification on the timer updates" to turn it off or on.

Hope it helps

Thanks. Yes, I knew I could turn them off. I was just looking to see if I could find why they are wrong and could I correct them.
If it says 'timer deleted' this could be normal. It means that a recording that was scheduled has been cancelled. Perhaps not the best wording.

If the messages are wrong, you'll need to give a lot more information, including logs.

The team will need to know what is scheduled, how long it should record for and when you get the wrong message.

It does appear that the notification for a completed recording comes at the end of the programme time, not the end of the recording (programme + end padding) time, but I have not seen other issues.
(2016-03-15, 10:06)mcelliott Wrote: If it says 'timer deleted' this could be normal. It means that a recording that was scheduled has been cancelled. Perhaps not the best wording.

If the messages are wrong, you'll need to give a lot more information, including logs.

The team will need to know what is scheduled, how long it should record for and when you get the wrong message.

It does appear that the notification for a completed recording comes at the end of the programme time, not the end of the recording (programme + end padding) time, but I have not seen other issues.

No, nothing is getting deleted, nor is the recording completed. The message comes exactly 5 minutes after the recording starts. These are all repeat recordings. I will try and capture logs and post them. Like I said tho, the messaging is wrong. The function is fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird Messaging from Addon0