Sync TV and Movies from library to next-episode.net, super simple.
Hi guys.

I'm the founder and developer of http://next-episode.net - a TV community for more than 10 years now. The site generally helps users track and organize the TV shows they watch.

I've been receiving requests to build a Kodi sync plugin for quite some time now, but Python is not something I'm good at and I need someone to help me build it.

The functionality we need is super basic, so I hope it'll be something like a 1 hour job for someone with experience with Python and Kodi add-on development.

Here is what the add-on needs to do:

- needs to have settings interface to enter username and password
- on first run, as well as on library updates - it should POST info about all new Movies / TV Shows it finds in the user library to a web service
- when a movie or an episode is set to watched - it should POST to another service with the details of that episode/movie

The sync will work only from Kodi to Next Episode, we won't pull data from Next Episode and make changes on the Kodi library.

That's pretty much it. A simple way to sync the user library in Kodi to the profile of the user on Next Episode.

Can anyone help with this?
Nice idea,

You may want to look at the trakt Add-on source for ideas.

I read a blog post the other day about how sucessful the Trakt website became after the Kodi add-on was created.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sync TV and Movies from library to next-episode.net, super simple.0