cant get my own poster art to show for movies
im currently using the new version of kodi 16.0 jarvis, and im having a hell of a time trying to figure out if there is a way to get my own saved movie posters pick up and used instead of scraping them all with tmdb.org...is there a way that the scraper can pick up what i personally have and go out and scrape what i dont for the time being? i have the movies saved in individual folders, with folder named the same as he movie, and i was trying all different combinations of how to label the poster image i have in the same folder as the movie itself (poster.jpg / poster / folder / folder.jpg / [movie-name].jpg etc) nothing seems to work so far or im just not doing something right. If someone could explain to me what im doing wrong possibly that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Ryan
Try 'xxxxxx-poster.jpg'

where xxxxxx is the file-name.
ok cool...I will go give it a try and let you know, Thanks!

Ryan
noooo...didnt seem to work...bummer....i even went back into the hidden thumbnail folder in explorer and deleted the cache in hopes that i would run it again and it might pick it that time, nope! Does it have to be in its own folder itself? just out of curiousity....in case for some reason this little detail is making a difference for some reason, but i have all my movies on one drive and then it instantly shows individual movies in their own folders....where as i know alot of people might have a folder once in the drive named "movies" and then of course the movies, but mine is straight to ind. movie folders. Could that be making a difference for some reason?
Example: Movies (mSmile Top Gun\Top Gun.MKV | Poster.jpg \ (so the movie and the .jpg are in the same folder together)

Ryan
Place all picture files in the same folder as the movie. Is the movie already scraped into kodi? If so, go to the movie in library mode and choose info, there should be an option to change out artwork. If you don't manually do this and say just replace poster.jpg it will take anywhere from 1-3 days to "unload" the old pic and use the new one.
Yes, all my movies are already scraped to kodi, so I totally get what your explaining to do, but then this would lead me to ask another question...
If you have alot of movies and it would tare forever to "one by one" edit the poster image, isn't there a quick solution that changes them all for you by making whatever change it is you need and then just "updating library"?
Also just for kicks I went into the app data folder for thumbnails and deleted all those cache files in hopes it would pick up all my poster right away instead of wait a couple days or one by one, and same thing...
I too am having this issue. I created all my movies in their own folders with folder.jpg as the main poster. I found specific posters for each movie that I want to display. I would prefer to use that rather than imdb or someone else to scrape. Can someone please help us figure this out. Im curretly using the newest beta so I can use the new skin but the settings all APPEAR to be the same
I personally just delete movies.db file, textures.db file and the thumbnails folder. Load up Kodi, and re add the sources. Let it rescrape all the infos. That's what I used to do before I started using a media manager to handle everything before I add it into kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cant get my own poster art to show for movies0