• 112(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
(2016-08-19, 13:04)Schrotty Wrote: Same probleme. Cash is not fixed.

Most probably another issue, then. Somebody will have to provide a logcat...
(2016-08-19, 13:04)Schrotty Wrote:
(2016-08-19, 11:56)Martin_Kurth Wrote: Latest version not fixed crashes here.
Same probleme. Cash is not fixed.

For me 16.4.1 was unstable, but since 16.4.2, it's OK.
(2016-08-18, 13:08)Silentbob78 Wrote: I´m using SPMC on Android TV (Nvidia Shield) and mostly loving it.

However I have a problem I can´t seem to fix.

I´m streaming my movies and TV-shows from a Synology NAS and using SMB share to access it.

My problem is that 90% of the time when a TV-show is finished or I stop before the end, SPMC crashes and I get the message SPMC has stopped working.

The only way to get it up and running again is by restarting the shield.

I have tried a factory reset two times to no avail.

I´m mostly watching TV shows lately, but the few movies I have watched, the problem did not occur.

Interesting - I have the same set up, but it's pretty much rock solid for me.
Synology 1511+, gigabit wired ethernet.
SMB shares
1080p content, passthrough audio

Hardly ever crashes...
(2016-08-18, 10:04)deaded Wrote: Koying,

I would REALLY like to send you a case of your favorite beer. Is there a way to do that without violating your privacy? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Donate through his webpage... I just did...
I'm getting a crash instantly any time I try to use my Shield Gamepad instead of the remote. I've submitted a report through the play store so hopefully it's helpful. I think it started spontaneously on 16.4.2 and it was previously working on a version of 16.4.2 from github.
So recently I've been having a problem with my Nvidia Shield, in which I couldn't install any app from the Google Play Store (said I was out of space, yet I had 11gigs on the built in storage, and 229gig on the external SSD drive). The only work-around I've read, that actually worked was to reset my Sheild, which I did.

Now what does this have to do with SPCM you ask?

Well, I can now no longer install SPMC from either the Google Play Store, nor from a USB drive I plug in to the system.

In Google Play Store, SPMC will start to load, then restart and try to load again, then gives me an error the controller is no longer working (even though it does), etc, etc, etc. Restarted over and over, nothing will get it to install from the Google Play Store.

Using EZ File Explorer, I try to install the 16.4.2 version from a USB Flash Drive, and it gives me an error about the files permissions, and can't be installed. Have downloaded it several times, from the SPMC website, doesn't matter (Chrome or IE), gives the same error when I try to install it.

So I went ahead and installed Kodi from the Google Play Store, and it worked the first time.

So just a heads up, something is wrong with 16.4.2 install file (or it seems that way anyway).
(2016-08-18, 09:18)netguru Wrote:
(2016-08-17, 15:19)NinjaOne Wrote: I have a question regarding Ftp vs Nfs vs Smb.

I recently upgraded my Boxee Box to a Nvidia shield tv.

The Boxee Box streamed from my NAS using SMB. This worked great.

On the Shield, running SPMC I get huge pixelation on both SMB and NFS, but FTP runs fine..

Shouldn't NFS be faster/better than FTP?

Does anyone know how I can get NFS to stream without pixelation?

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Speed issues Impact the Quality by stuttering, not by pixelation ...Or is there some transcoding between ...
NFS is the fastest.
To get sure, do a Speed test with your Laptop or somethin similar.

Thanks. It actually turned out to be a firmware problem on my NAS..

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Is anyone else experiencing playback sporadically pauses for no reason? (It pauses, not buffering)
(2016-08-23, 11:48)Kris77 Wrote: Is anyone else experiencing playback sporadically pauses for no reason? (It pauses, not buffering)

Yeah, mine pauses sporadicly to... thought i was doing something wrong. But now that you mention it also it has to be a bug.
Yes, i am seeing exactly the same thing. Seems to be a recent occurrence. I thought it was related to TVHeadEnd which i use for my DVR, but it has just done it on a video i was watching from plexkodiconnect via a SMB share.

It does only seems to have started occurring since i updated to the latest version of SPMC.

Any assistance appreciated!
ok i have this problem with 16.4.2 smpc and nvidia the problem is that in tyhis latest version when i want to close smpc and put nvidia to sleep when i open back the nvidia and go to smpc this will not open back until i restart the nvidia shield this behavior is only with 16.4.2 version not before
does anyone know anything how can i fix it ?[/align]
(2016-08-23, 11:48)Kris77 Wrote: Is anyone else experiencing playback sporadically pauses for no reason? (It pauses, not buffering)

Yes, around/between 30/40 minutes watching something, *.mkv but also Live TV
It happens for me with .mkv, live TV and also recorded TV as .ts

One time, and it was just before my micro SDcard dies, after a global reset everything is OK now Wink

Edit: Oops !! tonight , at the begining of a serie, pause after few sec, and all OK after and for the 2 next episodes Wink
(2016-08-23, 11:50)busta.rhymes Wrote:

Yeah, mine pauses sporadicly to... thought i was doing something wrong. But now that you mention it also it has to be a bug.
Koying is going to need a logcat file from anyone who is experiencing issues like this. A debug log will not cut it. I recently learned how to obtain a logcat file from @gazzer82 with his directions from the SPMCC Launcher Failed issue in the SPMC github below. Not able to help out this time as I'm not experiencing these issues since the release of SPMC 16.4.2.

gazzer82 commented 11 days ago
@mjbxx do you have adb access, if so it's quite easy to get the logs out.

Basically, once you have connected using adb, either over ip or usb issues the following command and it will write the log to a file in the current folder with the name specified:

adb logcat -d > logcat.txt

If your logs are a bit long you can clear them to start fresh using the command:

adb logcat -c

If you need help setting up adb let me know, but it's much easier than all the scary tutorials make it sound like, also saved my ass on this one!

So back to leanback for me for now, hopefully koying can work out what's going on with our help.

Cheers

Gareth
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166