• 114(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
(2016-08-24, 12:06)busta.rhymes Wrote: Yup you must be right, my youtube app seems to also be pausing playback randomly :-D Also must be a android tv issue since im on nexus player.

Well, on the Shield at least, Wagg seems to be right. I forced closed Spotify and haven't had a random pause since.

But it may not be a particular app, but something an app is doing. I noticed a long time ago that if I was playing a movie from one of my NASs, then at the same time copied a movie over to the same NAS that Kodi (no matter the platform) would exhibit the same behavior once the file finished copying.

I didn't worry about it because it was such a rare occurrence that it didn't really matter, but now I'm wondering if the same thing that was causing that is similar to why this issue seems to have crept in.

(2016-08-24, 16:18)Ned Scott Wrote: The shield controller's touch buttons might be the issue. They are prone to errors, and play/pause is one of those buttons.

That might have been a possibility, if I were using the controller. But I'm not sure that it could be that with the controllers off.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Has anyone been having video stuttering problems with SPMC on the shield?

I just bought my shield. I have an Intel NUC that I used as my normal HTPC. I play no problems on my nuc but anything I play on the shield stutters and it's extremely distracting

Videos are on a home server shared via SMB. I've tried changing codecs and and settings but nothing seems to work. I also increased my buffer thinking maybe it wasn't loading fast enough.

I've tried searching online but I can't seem to find much info, it's mostly about plex and YouTube and stuff.

The videos also appear to stutter in the regular kodi app as well.
(2016-08-24, 17:09)icewolf69 Wrote: Has anyone been having video stuttering problems with SPMC on the shield?

I just bought my shield. I have an Intel NUC that I used as my normal HTPC. I play no problems on my nuc but anything I play on the shield stutters and it's extremely distracting

Videos are on a home server shared via SMB. I've tried changing codecs and and settings but nothing seems to work. I also increased my buffer thinking maybe it wasn't loading fast enough.

I've tried searching online but I can't seem to find much info, it's mostly about plex and YouTube and stuff.

You may wanna try the Nvidia Shield Specific recommended video settings in this link: https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki
(2016-08-24, 17:39)SL600 Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 17:09)icewolf69 Wrote: Has anyone been having video stuttering problems with SPMC on the shield?

You may wanna try the Nvidia Shield Specific recommended video settings in this link: https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki

I'm pretty sure those are the settings I used but I'll double check.

I should also note that for some reason, if I pause a video for longer than maybe 30 seconds, the stutter is always worse than it was when I originally started playing the video. But if I stop the video and then resume where I left off the stutter will be gone for a while or at least better. Maybe I should reformat the shield and start over. I hear android after a big update can get messed up and not work as intended until I reformat and start fresh with the updates.
(2016-08-24, 16:18)Ned Scott Wrote: The shield controller's touch buttons might be the issue. They are prone to errors, and play/pause is one of those buttons.

This is my theory also. I am having the random pause issue (along with unprovoked volume changes).

A FLIRC should be arriving tomorrow in order to test my theory that it is the Shield remote.

Better to light a candle...
(2016-08-24, 17:45)icewolf69 Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 17:39)SL600 Wrote:

I'm pretty sure those are the settings I used but I'll double check.

I should also note that for some reason, if I pause a video for longer than maybe 30 seconds, the stutter is always worse than it was when I originally started playing the video. But if I stop the video and then resume where I left off the stutter will be gone for a while or at least better. Maybe I should reformat the shield and start over. I hear android after a big update can get messed up and not work as intended until I reformat and start fresh with the updates.

I have a Nas. My Windows pc Kodi was fine with SMB but the shield was not. I switched to NFS for the shield and everything is smooth since then. Even high bitrate video files. Give it a try.
Refreshed browser and accidentally sent post again. Sorry.
(2016-08-24, 16:46)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 12:06)busta.rhymes Wrote: Yup you must be right, my youtube app seems to also be pausing playback randomly :-D Also must be a android tv issue since im on nexus player.

Well, on the Shield at least, Wagg seems to be right. I forced closed Spotify and haven't had a random pause since.

But it may not be a particular app, but something an app is doing. I noticed a long time ago that if I was playing a movie from one of my NASs, then at the same time copied a movie over to the same NAS that Kodi (no matter the platform) would exhibit the same behavior once the file finished copying.

I didn't worry about it because it was such a rare occurrence that it didn't really matter, but now I'm wondering if the same thing that was causing that is similar to why this issue seems to have crept in.

That might have been a possibility, if I were using the controller. But I'm not sure that it could be that with the controllers off.

I made a post about this a while ago. I'm pretty sure it has to do with Recommendations (and turning it off for the app doesn't seem to stop the app from trying to update Recommends in the background). In my case it was SlingTV specifically but pretty sure Recommendations is the root cause.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-08-24, 08:56)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2016-08-23, 23:23)Wagg Wrote: I have SPMC installed on my Shield TV (and a FLIRC with Harmony 880) and I have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to keep video playing with the "BACK" command? Other than the ESC command, which is a bit different (it goes back one level and then directly to the home screen) I haven't found a command that goes "back" and doesn't stop the video. On other Kodi platforms "BACK" would never stop video playback.

2. Is there a keyboard command that will bring up Android Apps? I checked the Keymap Editor addon and couldn't find one.

4. Any way to get an android app like Netflix to run on a Flirc command from Kodi? It seems that Keymap Editor will only assign commands to Kodi addons, not android apps.

If not, then maybe Flirc might be the solution. It's my first time dealing with Flirc so I'm not clear on everything it can do yet.

As far as the Back=Stop thing goes, I tried to find it in Keyboard.xml but couldn't.

From what I can tell I need to get rid of:

<backspace>Stop</backspace> <browser_back>Stop</browser_back>

That command but it's not there (at least not in Keyboard.xml anyways).

1 - Yes, code is somewhere in the thread, sorry can;t be more helpful than that, don;t use it, but have seen it posted.
2 & 4, aren't these basically the same thing? There is a way, can't remember how exactly.. Have a look at these two threads - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=255033 & http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252876

For 2&4 I meant something a bit different. There is a Kodi Android command that will bring up a window of all installed apps. I would like to set a command to do that, and also to just go to certain apps on a single keypress- like Netflix, Hulu, etc. There must be a way to do this because you can select Android apps (I have Netflix as one of my entries) from the home screen menu.

In order to remove the Back=Stop command I think I need to get rid of:

<backspace>Stop</backspace> <browser_back>Stop</browser_back>

But I can't find that entry in Keyboard.xml.
Anyone else experiencing lipsync issues when watching Live TV in SPMC (I'm using the latest build)?

I only see it when a TV channel has a DD5.1 audio track. CodecInfo shows the A/V drift as much as 5 seconds.
Which version does 4K Amazon Fire ? Or is it still in beta?
(2016-08-25, 11:10)Ayla Wrote: Anyone else experiencing lipsync issues when watching Live TV in SPMC (I'm using the latest build)?

I only see it when a TV channel has a DD5.1 audio track. CodecInfo shows the A/V drift as much as 5 seconds.

Yes, I mentioned I'm having this problem with my HDHomerun. I need to sync video to the display in order to get rid of this problem. Of course when I do this I no longer have pass-through.
(2016-08-24, 23:28)timstephens24 Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 16:46)Tinwarble Wrote:

I made a post about this a while ago. I'm pretty sure it has to do with Recommendations (and turning it off for the app doesn't seem to stop the app from trying to update Recommends in the background). In my case it was SlingTV specifically but pretty sure Recommendations is the root cause.

I suspect it might be a little of both. Some recommendations (or something related to them) are certainly causing an interruption that causes video pausing in various apps. I also think Nvidia has a minor issue with the touch buttons on both the controller and the remote (the remote once had a feature that was later pulled that allowed a double-tap on the touch-volume bar to play/pause. Some remotes might still have this feature enabled?).

I've never had a play/pause issue on my Shield, but I would try this: disconnecting all bluetooth remotes, and turning off all recommendations. There's an Android app for controlling Android TV boxes that can be used for this test, since a control method is still needed. If there's no random play/pause, repeat the process but with controller or remote connected, etc.
The pause issue on the Shield is well known to be from both the Sling and Spotify apps. Uninstalling both usually solves the problem for most people.

I'm still trying to figure out how to not stop playback with BACK. Anyone?
(2016-08-26, 05:54)Wagg Wrote: The pause issue on the Shield is well known to be from both the Sling and Spotify apps. Uninstalling both usually solves the problem for most people.

I'm still trying to figure out how to not stop playback with BACK. Anyone?

That's just a keymap (wiki) file change. By default you can long-press "Back" and it will keep playing. If you want, you can swap them to the old behavior using a keymap file like this:

Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <backspace>Fullscreen</backspace>
      <backspace mod="longpress">Stop</backspace>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
  • 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166