• 113(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
I have SPMC installed on my Shield TV (and a FLIRC with Harmony 880) and I have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to keep video playing with the "BACK" command? Other than the ESC command, which is a bit different (it goes back one level and then directly to the home screen) I haven't found a command that goes "back" and doesn't stop the video. On other Kodi platforms "BACK" would never stop video playback.

2. Is there a keyboard command that will bring up Android Apps? I checked the Keymap Editor addon and couldn't find one.

3. I noticed that with TV playback (HDHomerun), the audio would get out of sync unless I synced the video to the screen- which forces PCM output, so I can't process DD properly on my Dolby Headphones. Once again, didn't have this problem on other Kodi platforms.

4. Any way to get an android app like Netflix to run on a Flirc command from Kodi? It seems that Keymap Editor will only assign commands to Kodi addons, not android apps.

I'll probably have other questions as I think of them. Overall I'm pretty happy with the experience.
For those having the video playback "pause" issue. It's not limited to 16.4.2, 16.4.1 and Kodi Beta 1 are also doing this so it's something else that's causing the problem.

I suspect that there's another app that's causing issues with Kodi, but can't say which one yet.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-08-24, 01:02)Tinwarble Wrote: For those having the video playback "pause" issue. It's not limited to 16.4.2, 16.4.1 and Kodi Beta 1 are also doing this so it's something else that's causing the problem.

I suspect that there's another app that's causing issues with Kodi, but can't say which one yet.

Not an issue on the Fire TV.

Just for giggles try turning off your autoupdates and scrapers for a while: see if that's interfering.
(2016-08-24, 01:10)Meatus Wrote: Not an issue on the Fire TV.

Just for giggles try turning off your autoupdates for a while: see if that's interfering.

Don't care if it's an issue on the FireTV.

And auto updates were already off.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-08-24, 01:12)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 01:10)Meatus Wrote: Not an issue on the Fire TV.

Just for giggles try turning off your autoupdates for a while: see if that's interfering.

Don't care if it's an issue on the FireTV.

And auto updates were already off.
Must be a Shield thing. Seems like neverending issues with that hardware.
(2016-08-24, 02:07)Meatus Wrote: Must be a Shield thing. Seems like neverending issues with that hardware.

And just how can it be a hardware thing if it's something that just started, given that the hardware or FW hasn't changed?

Again, it's probably a app issue, another app causing the problem, if you don't have that app installed then it's not going to be an issue.

EDIT: And aren't you the one that posted this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=287896

I guess it's those "never ending issues" with your FireTV?
(2016-08-24, 02:07)Meatus Wrote: Must be a Shield thing. Seems like neverending issues with that hardware.
And what are these never ending issues?
(2016-08-24, 02:17)wesk05 Wrote:
And what are these never ending issues?

Search this thread. You'll soon see. Tinwarble is always whining about something that doesn't bother anyone else.
(2016-08-24, 03:48)Meatus Wrote: Search this thread. You'll soon see. Tinwarble is always whining about something that doesn't bother anyone else.

Says the guy whining about something that doesn't bother anybody else.

And perhaps you should learn reading comprehension. Perhaps if you had reading skills you would have looked at the posts on the previous page first before posting something asinine.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2399487
(2016-08-24, 01:02)Tinwarble Wrote: For those having the video playback "pause" issue. It's not limited to 16.4.2, 16.4.1 and Kodi Beta 1 are also doing this so it's something else that's causing the problem.

On my Shield uninstalling Spotify resolved the problem.
(2016-08-24, 06:06)Wagg Wrote: On my Shield uninstalling Spotify resolved the problem.

Thanks @Wagg, I'll see if I can duplicate.

Also, Kodi Beta 1 seems fine now after a forced stop of SPMC, seems SPMC running in the backgroud (which it does even when "Shutdown") was causing Kodi to pause also.

As for your questions:

1 & 2 I'll have to get back to you on.

3. Don't have a HDHomeRun so I can't tell you.

4. Is a no, Kodi can't control external apps. But you should be able to set up what ever commands you need to through the Flirc.
(2016-08-23, 23:23)Wagg Wrote: I have SPMC installed on my Shield TV (and a FLIRC with Harmony 880) and I have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to keep video playing with the "BACK" command? Other than the ESC command, which is a bit different (it goes back one level and then directly to the home screen) I haven't found a command that goes "back" and doesn't stop the video. On other Kodi platforms "BACK" would never stop video playback.

2. Is there a keyboard command that will bring up Android Apps? I checked the Keymap Editor addon and couldn't find one.

4. Any way to get an android app like Netflix to run on a Flirc command from Kodi? It seems that Keymap Editor will only assign commands to Kodi addons, not android apps.

1 - Yes, code is somewhere in the thread, sorry can;t be more helpful than that, don;t use it, but have seen it posted.
2 & 4, aren't these basically the same thing? There is a way, can't remember how exactly.. Have a look at these two threads - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=255033 & http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252876

Yup you must be right, my youtube app seems to also be pausing playback randomly :-D Also must be a android tv issue since im on nexus player.
I don't have this kind of issue with youtube, only 3 pauses issue with SPMC on more than 20 movies/series watched.
I just have Youtube and Netflix on my shield with SPMC.
The shield controller's touch buttons might be the issue. They are prone to errors, and play/pause is one of those buttons.
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166