kodi wake up from sleep to do recording
Many years using windows mce to watch/record tv , now switch to kodi, i use the dvblink pvr addon to watch live tv in kodi, tv cards are on the same machine, its windows 8.1 64. Guide works, recording also when machine is on but when i put the htpc into sleep it doesn't come out of sleep to do the recording. I have enabeld the powersetting in livetv section but what i'm doin wrong, or what did i forget. The htpc did all that when i was using windows mediacenter so bios settings are good i think. Can some help?
What happens if you set up the recording directly via DVBLink? If you take Kodi and the PVR add-in out of the equation, things might be clearer. My expectation is that you will see the same issue since the add-in offloads all recording to DVBLink.

Did you enable wake timers in Windows advanced power settings?

Andy
Wake timers are set,yesterday it worked stil with windows mediacenter, i try in dvblink self if a recording start when pc is in sleep, when the pc is awake the recording in kodi start normal as planned. But i try it in dvblink self. So there are no extra startcommands that i have to enter in kodi live tv setiings under powermanagment?
The DVBLink software does everything necessary to wake up the PC at the right time. Kodi is not involved. When you set a timer in Kodi, it gets sent to DVBLink which does all the work. I have disabled Kodi TV power saving.

Try setting a recording directly in DVBLink and see if it wakes the PC. If it doesn't you will have proved that Kodi and the PVR add-on are not the problem.

If you add a recording directly in DVBLink and it does wake the PC, I'd add a new recording via Kodi then check to see if the recording appears in DVBLink.

Andy
I have solved it, somehow the setting had changed in the windows energy settings (wake by timer allowed) now it. Works, but do i don't need to set the poweroptions in kodi? Does the htpc go to sleep again after the recording has done than when i don't use the powersetting there?
I don't think the TV power saving settings have any effect on sleep time. But, like I say, I don't use them.

You can tell Windows to sleep after a period of inactivity using the power settings. DVBLink registers activity while it is recording so it will extend the period you specify automatically.

If you're not sure what's happening overnight, you can check the Windows System event log which will tell you when your system woke up and when it went to sleep.

Andy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi wake up from sleep to do recording0