Next PVR PVR Client 'Tuner No Longer Available'
(2016-05-09, 08:36)wolvotim Wrote: I'll be keeping watch on this topic as it seems I'm getting the same problems.
It's a really generic error message, caused by most error conditions - your best bet is posting the kodi.log, and matching NextPVR logs, so we can check what happened.
(2016-05-08, 04:37)sub3 Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 02:55)Rainbowserpant Wrote: Ok, here are new Kodi logs with the problem reproduced http://xbmclogs.com/pjfbdoup0

Here are the Next PVR logs for the same time also (I didnt open Next PVR while i reproduced the kodi problem, does this matter? I assume Next PVR is running in the background and records logs when kodi is opened?).
Next PVR log
Did you see any video in Kodi before you got this error (I'm assuming no)? Is the same channel viewable in NextPVR itself?

It looks like you digital tuner has failed to lock onto the signal, so no data to stream to Kodi, which results in this message.

I dont see any tv signal or video while kodi hangs for minutes with 'woking' msg when opening kodi.

The strange thing is that sometimes kodi will open instantly without the 'working' msg and go straight to tv.

But more often than not kodi hangs for a few minutes with the msg 'working' before becoming responsive. Once it eventually does become responsive i get the msg 'tuner no longer available'.

The other strange thing is that once kodi finally becomes responsive and although i get the error msg 'tuner no longer available', I still receive all my tv channels fine and can watch tv despite the error msg?
As mentioned, confirm you can watch these channels in NextPVR. It looked like that particular example in your log failed to lock onto a signal.
So I have been having this issue for weeks and I have finally figure out what the problem is.  At least in my situation.  I am using 3 HD HomeRuns (9 Tuners) and T95Z Android TV devices.  TV would stream okay for a while but over a short period I would get the Tuner No Longer Available message.  I could restart the stream but it would just do it again.  This is consistent on each TV I have configured.  I finally gave up and tried to switch to Plex.  Plex sucks and I really didn't want to use it because the guide is not user friendly at all but I decided to try it.  I got the same thing in Plex.  Stream would freeze and I would get a similar message in Plex that I was disconnected from the Plex server.  I found an article in the Plex forum indicating that the problem is due to a transcode issue with unsupported audio so I decided to investigate.  Long story short, the problem is on the T95Z box.  You must make the following changes.

In the Andriod OS in settings then sound you need to change Surround from Auto to Always.
In Kodi under Settings - System Settings (Enable Expert settings) Change Number of Channels to 5.1, Enable Audio passthrough and enable Dolby Digital AC3 capable receiver,  Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver & DTS capable receiver.

Once I made these changes, I have had no issues at all. Steams are solid.  I can duplicate the issue if I put these settings back.

So this was my issue.  I am now a happy NextPVE user with 12 tuners now  Smile  Hope this may help someone thats fighting the same issues.
Great - glad you got to the bottom of it!
I replaced three MXQ Pro boxes (that worked fine) with three T95Z 3G/32G boxes in December. The three new boxes all have the same problem as above. They all display the "Tuner no longer available" message, usually within a minute or so of tuning to any live OTA TV channel through a single HDHomerun Connect. The NextPVR app runs fine on a dedicated laptop and displays live OTA TV video without any problem.

I rarely watch live TV so I haven't even noticed this problem until about a week ago. I usually record and compress whatever I want to watch using MCEBuddy and that has been working fine and continues to do so.

I am thinking this is a T95Z/NextPVR specific problem since I am pretty sure this started when I installed the new boxes. One more thing - I have the HDHomerun android app (not the Kodi app) installed on the boxes and it works fine.

I tried the suggested fixes above without success, so I am hopeful somebody with more knowledge can point me in the right direction from here. I have attached the Kodi debug logs logs. I have zipped the NPVR logs, but I don't see any way to forward a zip file to you from here. Let me know if you need them and how I can send them to you.

https://paste.kodi.tv/niqipelopo.kodi
Maybe try turning off timeshift in the addon settings. Otherwise, make sure you're using the current 3.3.11 build of the addon (with Kodi 18)
Thanks for the quick response. I have as much success as possible right now. I turned off the timeshift option and that resolved the lock up and "tuner no longer available" problem.

I updated Kodi to 18.0. 18.0 allowed me to set the timeshift option again so that is a resolution for all the live TV problems I was experiencing. Unfortunately, I use PlexKodiConnect as an integral part of my system setup. PKC is not ready for Kodi 18 yet as it was not updating the library information from my Plex server. This is a deal breaker on Kodi 18 for now. So I reverted to Kodi 17.6 from my backup and will wait for PKC to be ready.

At least I am able to watch live TV for now (without pause capability) if I want to. Thanks much for your assistance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Next PVR PVR Client 'Tuner No Longer Available'1