Bug kodi locks up when opening a tv show's episode view
(2016-03-17, 09:14)rossdret Wrote: It is quite frustrating because I have even fresh installed windows, deleted all programs and started from scratch. I have no issues putting it on anyone else's computer and it runs no problem. It makes me think that it is a driver issue with NVIDIA. Something in titan is triggering the problem during video playback but I don't know what.

This is definitely a different issue, not related to the one that is now (hopefully) solved.
BTW: That issue is not solved in the skin, but in the latest beta skinhelper addon... Maybe just to be safe make sure that you have the latest version of that ? 1.0.66 is the latest beta of skinhelper now.

About your issue; That seems to be hardware/driver related. I've heard some more of these troubles before with nvidia chips. Someone had the solution back than, but I can't remember it.
I'll keep searching in my brain if I remember what it was...
(2016-03-16, 19:41)zosky Wrote: i work with folks from around the world, so im painfully aware of the timezone fun... over here we've just past mid day, i'm working, but i do so from home. i have a few meetings coming up, so i can try in about an hour

UPDATE: i missed my chance. some stuff went down at work so i couldn't break away and now thier watching stuff . next chance i'll have is when they sleep in about ~8hrs

Was the new beta of skinhelper also working for you ?
(2016-03-17, 09:43)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 09:14)rossdret Wrote: It is quite frustrating because I have even fresh installed windows, deleted all programs and started from scratch. I have no issues putting it on anyone else's computer and it runs no problem. It makes me think that it is a driver issue with NVIDIA. Something in titan is triggering the problem during video playback but I don't know what.

This is definitely a different issue, not related to the one that is now (hopefully) solved.
BTW: That issue is not solved in the skin, but in the latest beta skinhelper addon... Maybe just to be safe make sure that you have the latest version of that ? 1.0.66 is the latest beta of skinhelper now.

About your issue; That seems to be hardware/driver related. I've heard some more of these troubles before with nvidia chips. Someone had the solution back than, but I can't remember it.

Yes I think it has to be a driver issue! Just weird that only titan triggers the crash. I do have 1.0.66. I will keep trying to find a driver to roll back to that works but I haven't had luck yet.
Nope rolling back drivers did not fix the issue. Fresh install of the drivers as well. I tried multiple drivers...even when I knew it was working. Titan still crashes at video playback.
(2016-03-17, 11:34)rossdret Wrote: Nope rolling back drivers did not fix the issue. Fresh install of the drivers as well. I tried multiple drivers...even when I knew it was working. Titan still crashes at video playback.

It can be related to the osd infopanel. Did you setup that to auto show at playback start?
I would like to clarify my problem with regard to the Kodi freezing. My problem is not directly related to the movie or the TV section, but it happens everywhere randomly usually a few minutes after start Up.

And now during the testing verbose debug and debug 1 to helper version 1.0.65 I did not get lockup issue until now while trying figured out why extended info give me error trying to get movie info.

I got a black screen. still keystrokes sounds can be heard in the background.

Here is end of the log. http://pastebin.com/MLuz2wy7
MADNOX + CUSTOM MEDIA FLAGS
I also thought kodi froze BUT according to my brother he found out that it actually stop responding from anything plugged into the USB eg keyboard, remote.
controlling it with tv-remote through hdmi still worked. My tv i to old so I cant try it but just want to let you guys know if its any usable info.

We are talking Openelec on RPI2

// Richard
(2016-03-17, 12:06)Mika Kiviniitty Wrote: I would like to clarify my problem with regard to the Kodi freezing. My problem is not directly related to the movie or the TV section, but it happens everywhere randomly usually a few minutes after start Up.

And now during the testing verbose debug and debug 1 to helper version 1.0.65 I did not get lockup issue until now while trying figured out why extended info give me error trying to get movie info.

The initial freeze/lock issue should now be resolved with the new 1.0.65 version of skinhelper.
The extendedinfo issue sounds like a different issue, I'll take a look at it tonight. Does the back button work to close that black screen again ?
(2016-03-17, 12:51)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 12:06)Mika Kiviniitty Wrote: I would like to clarify my problem with regard to the Kodi freezing. My problem is not directly related to the movie or the TV section, but it happens everywhere randomly usually a few minutes after start Up.

The initial freeze/lock issue should now be resolved with the new 1.0.65 version of skinhelper.
The extendedinfo issue sounds like a different issue, I'll take a look at it tonight. Does the back button work to close that black screen again ?

Let' try it out. Thanks.
MADNOX + CUSTOM MEDIA FLAGS
(2016-03-17, 10:39)rossdret Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 09:43)marcelveldt Wrote:

Yes I think it has to be a driver issue! Just weird that only titan triggers the crash. I do have 1.0.66. I will keep trying to find a driver to roll back to that works but I haven't had luck yet.

(2016-03-17, 11:55)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-17, 11:34)rossdret Wrote: Nope rolling back drivers did not fix the issue. Fresh install of the drivers as well. I tried multiple drivers...even when I knew it was working. Titan still crashes at video playback.

It can be related to the osd infopanel. Did you setup that to auto show at playback start?

That was it! I set the Auto OSD on video playback start to Zero and it hasn't crashed since! So the bug must be there for me for some reason.
marcel, should i still install even if i am on ARM (firetv)? i had already uninstalled Titan as even if it wasn't in use, it was freezing things up. So i should redownload Titan, then install the beta skin helper service after? Thanks!
(2016-03-17, 14:32)cleancouch22 Wrote: marcel, should i still install even if i am on ARM (firetv)? i had already uninstalled Titan as even if it wasn't in use, it was freezing things up. So i should redownload Titan, then install the beta skin helper service after? Thanks!

If you update Titan's beta repository you should get the skin helper updated automatically.
(2016-03-17, 09:53)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 19:41)zosky Wrote: i work with folks from around the world, so im painfully aware of the timezone fun... over here we've just past mid day, i'm working, but i do so from home. i have a few meetings coming up, so i can try in about an hour

UPDATE: i missed my chance. some stuff went down at work so i couldn't break away and now thier watching stuff . next chance i'll have is when they sleep in about ~8hrs

Was the new beta of skinhelper also working for you ?

Just tried skinhelper beta1.0.66 and its working great. Navigation back to flawless.

Marcel...you are a Marvel...you just made my WAR (Wife Approval Rating) get much better. Everyone here in my family loves the Titan skin and we hated having to go back to anything else.

Thanks again for all your work and your constant attention to detail. It shows!
Thanks for the patience and testing guys, great that it's resolved now.
I will report the underlying issue to the Kodi devs as bug for future reference (and fix hopefully).
Thanks for the great work! I can confirm that the issue has also been resolved for (Nvidia Shield) Android TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi locks up when opening a tv show's episode view0