• 3(current)
[Release] Quartz 5 (Jarvis support)
(2016-06-29, 22:14)ruttenbrecht Wrote:
(2016-06-18, 14:00)tehguitarist Wrote: Hmmm trying to install this on a raspberry pi 3 (via zip file) and it doesn't seem to want to play ball!! Getting a dependencies not met error. Totally fine on my Chromebox and Macbook Pro. Any thoughts? Managed to install peckinko's 5.1.3? I think it was via SuperRepo just fine.

Same problem here..

Do not try installing via repo zip option. Instead, extract the archive on a PC and copy it to the addons folder on your RPi.

Great skin!.
(2016-08-30, 23:27)661_ Wrote: Probably more than one way to skin this cat but what I did was change the opacity of media/img/BGOverlay.png using the free Gimp software. Lowering the value by 20% was perfect for me.

Not the same way I remember but it works perfectly! Thank you so much!
I've tried to use this skin on the current beta 3 of Krypton. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work. When trying to install through the "normal" way with zip, it complains about a dependency (xbmc.gui 15.1, I think was what it required), when copying skin.quartz folder into the addons, it is not listed as a skin, until you enable it manually, but when chosen, it reverts to the previous skin (with default colours even).

What does it take to play with this skin in the new shiny? Is Krypton support in the works?
Would be really nice to have Kryprton support, as Kodi 16.1 has some stability problems under Windows 10 lately. I use Quartz since day one and cannot really live without it.

EDIT: Made (most of it) work by changing the version to 5.12.0 in the addon.xml.

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.12.0"/>
I'll try that. I'm using the default estuary on my laptop, it just isn't the same. Thanks!
(2016-11-29, 14:44)peterpeterpeter Wrote: Would be really nice to have Kryprton support, as Kodi 16.1 has some stability problems under Windows 10 lately. I use Quartz since day one and cannot really live without it.

EDIT: Made (most of it) work by changing the version to 5.12.0 in the addon.xml.

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.12.0"/>

Hi I tried your method it didn't work for me
Did you use the development build ? Or the release build ?
Did you install it or put the extracted files in Kodi
Tia
Yigo
First Off, I've been using Quartz on Xbmc forever! I can't live without it.
using 5.2.2 on Jarvis, I noticed a bug when playing a Video Stream, and you skip forward. The bottom menu doesn't disappear, and if you hit 'delete' button, then the menu and all keys become inoperative.
I have to ssh in and restart kodi to get out of this mode.
Also, many times I see the "Please wait" spinner when starting a movie, and it never goes away, then again you cannot control the Kodi.
This is far and away my favourite skin and it seems to be working OK on Jarvis for me.

Only one minor issue. When I choose Movie Info it does not show the actual path to the file. However if I do Info on a TV Show episode it does show the file path.

Any idea where/how that is done so I can see the same? I sometimes end up with duplicate movies and duplicate encodings and so it is really handy to be able to see the file path and name using the info on a movie.

EDIT: I managed to solve this problem by inserting the following code into DialogVideoInfo.xml after line 184:

Code:
<item id="8">
          <description>File Path</description>
          <label>$LOCALIZE[21801]</label>
          <label2>$INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath]</label2>
          <onclick condition="System.HasAddon(script.skin.helper.service)">RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=textviewer,header=$LOCALIZE[573],message=$INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath])</onclick>
          <onclick condition="!System.HasAddon(script.skin.helper.service)">noop</onclick>
          </item>
I've installed the skin and replaced my Quartz 4 skin. But when I select 'Update Library' Kodi starts claining my database. I can't seem to find why and how to turn it off. Any help?

I'm running OPENelec with Jarvis 16.1 on a Pi 2.

Thanks
(2017-01-10, 17:56)Eikelman Wrote: I've installed the skin and replaced my Quartz 4 skin. But when I select 'Update Library' Kodi starts claining my database. I can't seem to find why and how to turn it off. Any help?

Thanks

Yeah, I saw that too and it's actually quite a bad implementation of the feature in my opinion. If you have a network share offline it's going to wipe your library out. I manually fixed it by editing Home.xml and removing these lines that are somewhere near line 420.

Code:
<onclick>CleanLibrary(Video)</onclick>
            <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(Music)">CleanLibrary(Music)</onclick>

EDIT: I tried to submit this as an issue on TPX01's fork on GitHub, but he has 'Issues' disabled so I can't raise attention to it there. Hopefully he is still monitoring this thread.
(2017-01-10, 21:57)aiko Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 17:56)Eikelman Wrote: I've installed the skin and replaced my Quartz 4 skin. But when I select 'Update Library' Kodi starts claining my database. I can't seem to find why and how to turn it off. Any help?

Thanks

Yeah, I saw that too and it's actually quite a bad implementation of the feature in my opinion. If you have a network share offline it's going to wipe your library out. I manually fixed it by editing Home.xml and removing these lines that are somewhere near line 420.

Code:
<onclick>CleanLibrary(Video)</onclick>
            <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(Music)">CleanLibrary(Music)</onclick>

EDIT: I tried to submit this as an issue on TPX01's fork on GitHub, but he has 'Issues' disabled so I can't raise attention to it there. Hopefully he is still monitoring this thread.

Thanks! I was looking at the files but couldn't find the right one.
Hi guys! I'm deeply sorry for not developing/fixing features for this skin. Past year has been pretty hectic (bought a house, new job,..). I know, this shouldn't be an excuse..

Upcoming weeks I'll try to bundle all the questions in this topic so that I can work on the skin again. Goals is to make the skin ready for Krypton too. I'd also like to add that if anyone (with some dev/skinning experience) wants to collaborate on this skin, feel free to PM me!
No need at all to apologize for having a Real Life. Whatever time you can spare to work on it is appreciated!!
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
(2017-02-04, 15:12)TPX001 Wrote: Hi guys! I'm deeply sorry for not developing/fixing features for this skin. Past year has been pretty hectic (bought a house, new job,..). I know, this shouldn't be an excuse..

Upcoming weeks I'll try to bundle all the questions in this topic so that I can work on the skin again. Goals is to make the skin ready for Krypton too. I'd also like to add that if anyone (with some dev/skinning experience) wants to collaborate on this skin, feel free to PM me!

TPX001,

I have taken the jarvis skin created by you (many thanks!) and made some initial changes.

i have it currently running in Krypton RC3.

i do not have much time so i will probably not get all the bugs out of it in the short term. but i have a start.
Sounds great.. do you have it on github or can you share it in zip?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Quartz 5 (Jarvis support)0