• 4(current)
[Release] Quartz 5 (Jarvis support)
(2017-02-10, 18:25)TPX001 Wrote: Sounds great.. do you have it on github or can you share it in zip?

i have not created a fork in git.
did not know if i could even get it working as i had zero experience with kodi skinning.
i can share a zip if necessary after i have played with the skin a few days to see if it is minimally functional for release (looks good so far).
(2016-12-27, 02:32)aiko Wrote: This is far and away my favourite skin and it seems to be working OK on Jarvis for me.

Only one minor issue. When I choose Movie Info it does not show the actual path to the file. However if I do Info on a TV Show episode it does show the file path.

Any idea where/how that is done so I can see the same? I sometimes end up with duplicate movies and duplicate encodings and so it is really handy to be able to see the file path and name using the info on a movie.

EDIT: I managed to solve this problem by inserting the following code into DialogVideoInfo.xml after line 184:

Code:
<item id="8">
          <description>File Path</description>
          <label>$LOCALIZE[21801]</label>
          <label2>$INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath]</label2>
          <onclick condition="System.HasAddon(script.skin.helper.service)">RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=textviewer,header=$LOCALIZE[573],message=$INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath])</onclick>
          <onclick condition="!System.HasAddon(script.skin.helper.service)">noop</onclick>
          </item>

Hi aiko.. latest development branch contains a clean fix for this. I've added a skin setting where you can enable or disable it in the dialog view.. For those who aren't interested in this feature just put the 'show file path' indicator on 'no'

Let me know what you guys think..
(2017-01-10, 21:57)aiko Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 17:56)Eikelman Wrote: I've installed the skin and replaced my Quartz 4 skin. But when I select 'Update Library' Kodi starts claining my database. I can't seem to find why and how to turn it off. Any help?

I'm running OPENelec with Jarvis 16.1 on a Pi 2.

Thanks

Yeah, I saw that too and it's actually quite a bad implementation of the feature in my opinion. If you have a network share offline it's going to wipe your library out. I manually fixed it by editing Home.xml and removing these lines that are somewhere near line 420.

Code:
<onclick>CleanLibrary(Video)</onclick>
            <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(Music)">CleanLibrary(Music)</onclick>

EDIT: I tried to submit this as an issue on TPX01's fork on GitHub, but he has 'Issues' disabled so I can't raise attention to it there. Hopefully he is still monitoring this thread.

First of all thank you for your input! I actually totally forgot that I didn't enable the issues feature for the jarvis repo Undecided, for future bugs or issues you should be able to report them there if you like. To fix the poor implementation I've added a home customization option where you can show or hide an extra 'Clean library' option. The 'Update library' will now only do what it says.. Cool

You can find all changes in the latest development branch.
(2016-07-06, 07:43)Blackfriar Wrote: I once asked how to change the level of background transparency in the main screen (as well as within the [movie] or [tv show] categories) and received a very nice answer but can't seem to find it using the search.

Perhaps someone could help me find the fine and line to edit?

Thanks in advance.

Changing this image (BGOverlay) has an impact on the fanart rendering. By reducing it by 20% you'll notice the background (with fanart enabled) alot more..
(2016-06-03, 22:17)661_ Wrote: My bad. Favorites work fine with the requisite addon installed. Man.. if only PVR worked this would be a God-tier skin in my book!

Ok, this concludes the conversation I am having with myself. Big Grin

LOL! Well atm I don't have any ambition to do the PVR. I'd like to focus on getting the skin ready for Krypton first..
(2017-02-10, 21:14)mb286 Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 18:25)TPX001 Wrote: Sounds great.. do you have it on github or can you share it in zip?

did not know if i could even get it working as i had zero experience with kodi skinning.
i can share a zip if necessary after i have played with the skin a few days to see if it is minimally functional for release (looks good so far).

ok stuff thats working so far (as in i used it Wink ):

using the movies menu items from home and play movies
using the music menu items from home and play music
displaying recently added items for movies and music
using the add-on menu items from home
using the KODI menu items from home

some problems so far (probably need some changes to the xml of DialogConfirm.xml and DialogNotification.xml because of the breaking changes in Krypton):
notification dialogs do not appear on the correct position (not in the lower right corner)
confirmation dialogs do not appear to be in the correct layout (the dialog is bigger than in jarvis)
Release version 5.3 of the skin.. you can find the info in the main topic..
TPX001, if you want i can send you the zip of my version. or would you rather have me work on the git version?
(2017-02-11, 10:51)mb286 Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 21:14)mb286 Wrote:

ok stuff thats working so far (as in i used it Wink ):

using the movies menu items from home and play movies
using the music menu items from home and play music
displaying recently added items for movies and music
using the add-on menu items from home
using the KODI menu items from home

some problems so far (probably need some changes to the xml of DialogConfirm.xml and DialogNotification.xml because of the breaking changes in Krypton):
notification dialogs do not appear on the correct position (not in the lower right corner)
confirmation dialogs do not appear to be in the correct layout (the dialog is bigger than in jarvis)

did some more tweaking and the notification dialogs now appear in the lower right corner.
having some trouble with the confirmation dialogs. they do not render the buttons correctly if there is only one button (eg OK or
Cancel)
(2017-02-11, 22:50)mb286 Wrote: TPX001, if you want i can send you the zip of my version. or would you rather have me work on the git version?

Zip for now is ok.. choose what you like. I'll move it to git when I'm busy on it. I'm currently still making some under the hood changes as well as aligning the design language..

Did you guys already notice the small/subtle differences? What do you think?
Great work TPX001. Would it be possible to bring back the other colour schemes? I always preferred blue, myself.
(2017-02-19, 08:34)aiko Wrote: Great work TPX001. Would it be possible to bring back the other colour schemes? I always preferred blue, myself.

Thx! Didn't know people were actually using these themes.. Do you mean the ice theme btw?
I've added the Ice color back Wink You can find it in the development branch
Hi does the Kodi 17 version works ?
(2017-02-19, 10:36)TPX001 Wrote: I've added the Ice color back Wink You can find it in the development branch

Thanks! Actually, I use the one that is Blue.xml. It still exists in Pecinko's last release. I copied it over manually and it seems to work fine with your 5.3 release.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Quartz 5 (Jarvis support)0