• 5(current)
[Release] Quartz 5 (Jarvis support)
(2017-02-11, 18:18)TPX001 Wrote: Release version 5.3 of the skin.. you can find the info in the main topic..

Hi Quartzians Smile

@TPX001 nice to see Quartz is still alive!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi guy! I've created a new topic for krypton.. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=309612

You can check it out, it should work.. sortoff Tongue. There's still alot of work but what I basically did now was following this guide as already someone mentioned http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=250862 . Unless there are some specific requests for the jarvis skin I will now put my focus on krypton.Wink
(2017-02-19, 00:52)TPX001 Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 22:50)mb286 Wrote: TPX001, if you want i can send you the zip of my version. or would you rather have me work on the git version?

Zip for now is ok.. choose what you like. I'll move it to git when I'm busy on it. I'm currently still making some under the hood changes as well as aligning the design language..

Did you guys already notice the small/subtle differences? What do you think?

zip with code is here : https://github.com/mb286/skin.quartz.kry...master.zip
(2017-03-20, 19:47)mb286 Wrote:
(2017-02-19, 00:52)TPX001 Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 22:50)mb286 Wrote: TPX001, if you want i can send you the zip of my version. or would you rather have me work on the git version?

Zip for now is ok.. choose what you like. I'll move it to git when I'm busy on it. I'm currently still making some under the hood changes as well as aligning the design language..

Did you guys already notice the small/subtle differences? What do you think?

zip with code is here : https://github.com/mb286/skin.quartz.kry...master.zip

Thanks.. for the new code for krypton I'd like to refer to following topic: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=309612
Hi all, the 5.3 version does not translate all labels to Dutch. The old zip contained additional languages if I remember correctly. Anyone know where to find the language files separately? They are also not in the github repo?
(2017-03-23, 21:43)Huey Wrote: Hi all, the 5.3 version does not translate all labels to Dutch. The old zip contained additional languages if I remember correctly. Anyone know where to find the language files separately? They are also not in the github repo?

you can get the old language files here : https://github.com/TPX01/skin.quartz.jar...5/language
(2017-03-23, 21:43)Huey Wrote: Hi all, the 5.3 version does not translate all labels to Dutch. The old zip contained additional languages if I remember correctly. Anyone know where to find the language files separately? They are also not in the github repo?

That's right! I'm currently busy with cleaning up old code. Some localizations are not needed anymore. To facilitate the update process I've removed the other languages. Once I'm done with all the changes I plan to bring reintroduce the Dutch language. (Fun fact: I'm Dutch speaking myself.. Smile )
Tp: great job with the Jarvis version. It's runs on an old ATV1 like it was made for it. Uses about 8-10MB less ram than confluence (by looking in system info, i know.. not scientific but still).

Can you make a darker color theme? I'm not saying I want a black background, just something darker. The default grey background just doesn't have the right shade of grey. It looks instead like my TV has really bad black levels..

When you are finished with the now playing screen (I tried out that branch, it was great) please you consider these additions:
1. support for skip steps.
2. Playing music should be fullscreen when using visualizer. The way it's done now it not optimal. Nobody want's to stare at the text and cover..

Please make it so that it's fullscreen without even any text when the track changes, and another mode that displays the artist/song when a track changes. Apart from that it's pretty much perfect..
(2017-04-04, 00:33)Soli Wrote: Tp: great job with the Jarvis version. It's runs on an old ATV1 like it was made for it. Uses about 8-10MB less ram than confluence (by looking in system info, i know.. not scientific but still).

Can you make a darker color theme? I'm not saying I want a black background, just something darker. The default grey background just doesn't have the right shade of grey. It looks instead like my TV has really bad black levels..

When you are finished with the now playing screen (I tried out that branch, it was great) please you consider these additions:
1. support for skip steps.
2. Playing music should be fullscreen when using visualizer. The way it's done now it not optimal. Nobody want's to stare at the text and cover..

Please make it so that it's fullscreen without even any text when the track changes, and another mode that displays the artist/song when a track changes. Apart from that it's pretty much perfect..

Thanks, greatly appreciated.. You can create issues/features on the github link for Jarvis. I'd also like to mention that main development focus will go into Krypton. So it can all take a while from here on with Jarvis. I have no idea if the ATV1 can run krypton but it might be interesting to install OSMC on it and see which version of kodi is running on it. If I should believe the blog it is 17.1 Big Grin

Anyway, I'll add your requests to the Krypton github too.. Feel free to comment on them
One more: When changing to this skin without having any media libraries and then adding media libraries afterwards, they don't seem to populate on the shelf until after a restart of kodi or reloading the skin
(2017-04-09, 04:56)Soli Wrote: One more: When changing to this skin without having any media libraries and then adding media libraries afterwards, they don't seem to populate on the shelf until after a restart of kodi or reloading the skin

Pus one, noticed that too. Thought it was broken at first.
While I hesitate to make requests for the Jarvis version being late to the Quartz party (or rather revisiting it since the original Quartz) I wonder what it'd take for the movies and tv shows to populate the shelf with more icons like you get with Music.
(2017-04-14, 17:21)dynaflash Wrote: While I hesitate to make requests for the Jarvis version being late to the Quartz party (or rather revisiting it since the original Quartz) I wonder what it'd take for the movies and tv shows to populate the shelf with more icons like you get with Music.

This should be a pretty easy request to implement. Previously this was already the case but I removed that feature. Maybe I can reintroduce it as an option in the skin settings. I'll add it to the improvements in krypton.
(2017-04-20, 20:16)TPX001 Wrote:
(2017-04-14, 17:21)dynaflash Wrote: While I hesitate to make requests for the Jarvis version being late to the Quartz party (or rather revisiting it since the original Quartz) I wonder what it'd take for the movies and tv shows to populate the shelf with more icons like you get with Music.

This should be a pretty easy request to implement. Previously this was already the case but I removed that feature. Maybe I can reintroduce it as an option in the skin settings. I'll add it to the improvements in krypton.

That'd be great TPX001, any way it can be added to a jarvis update even though I know you're working on krypton? I have four atv 1's with CHD's and can only run Jarvis as Krypton broke CHD support. Or maybe give me a nod as to where to hardwire it in like it is in music. Thanks! Great job on the skin!

While you wait for it be added back in, you can manually change the icons on the shelf pretty easily by going into the /.kodi/addons/skin.quartz.jarvis-version-5.3/playlists folder and editing movies.xsp and episodes.xsp and edit the value in limit e.g.
Code:
<limit>25</limit>
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Quartz 5 (Jarvis support)0