[XBMC 11 EDEN ATV1] update scrapers with labels for settings
Hello,

I am stuck with XBMC 11 (Eden) on an aging ATV1 (silver) and I am trying to keep it running smoothly despite several glitches. I have updated scrapers in the past, in order to be able to update my movie library.
Recently I noticed that recent versions (TMDB) do not display configuration labels in settings anymore. I tried installing via Zip file, but dependencies, cannot be met (the xbmc.metadata requires 2.1.0 while Eden seems to be shipping with version 1.0).
The problem seems to be the new localization format, from .xml to .po files

Code:
17:38:11 T:2684407808   DEBUG: unable to load /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org/resources/language/english/strings.xml: Failed to open file at line 0

What is the preferred way to update scrapers so that labels are mapped to language files? Or in case this is not possible, where can I collect enough info to patch the XML of the addons so that labels are correctly mapped?

TIA,
pecus

OSX Version: 10.4.7
Platform: AppleTV
Launcher version: 3.2.5
Install Method: Launcher + patches via scp
Kodi/XBMC version: 11.0 Git 20120321-14feb09
Skin name: confluence
Addons:
- The Movie Database 3.9.0
- Universal Movie Scraper: 2.8.0
Pastebin log: http://pastebin.com/PAwfxPz4
Here's what I would do: use a media manager (wiki) or scan you library in with a new version of Kodi and then export the library as single files. That will generate NFO and image files along side the media that XBMC v11 will then pick up.
(2016-03-17, 04:45)Ned Scott Wrote: Here's what I would do: use a media manager (wiki) or scan you library in with a new version of Kodi and then export the library as single files. That will generate NFO and image files along side the media that XBMC v11 will then pick up.

Thanks Ned,
It's a bit cumbersome, but doable. In the meantime I manually built the strings.xml that used to hold the localization for addons labels, and have temporarily fixed the settings issue. I still have to work on installing the universal scraper.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMC 11 EDEN ATV1] update scrapers with labels for settings0