Release User Rating - Easy rate your media
Jarvis gives us the opportunity to rate the media. User Rating addon enhances this possibility.

To show rate box. Use keymap and assing to it RunScript(script.user.rating). Addon also have option to show rate box when video will be marked as watched (when the playback is completed or manually marked in library view).

keyboard.xml example:
Code:
<keymap>
  <MyVideoLibrary>
    <keyboard>
      <y>RunScript("script.user.rating")</y>
    </keyboard>
  </MyVideoLibrary>
</keymap>

Add-on is available in my repository and will be soon in the official repository.

Very cool to see, thank you!
Have you tried what happens if you also have the trakt addon? The trakt addon also sets the rating via a similar dialog (and also sends it to trakt). So they might clash?
Could you also integrate submitting the ratings to websites like tmdb/tvdb and so on if the user has added his credentials for that specific website?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-03-19, 22:26)Razze Wrote: Very cool to see, thank you!
Have you tried what happens if you also have the trakt addon? The trakt addon also sets the rating via a similar dialog (and also sends it to trakt). So they might clash?

I never used trakt but I suppose the may be problem with unsynced rate for movie that first be rated using trakt and next rated by this addon. This will cause that probably trakt not sync this rate again. I do not see point to using this addon if someone using trakt with this functionality.

(2016-03-19, 22:35)Martijn Wrote: Could you also integrate submitting the ratings to websites like tmdb/tvdb and so on if the user has added his credentials for that specific website?

Yes. I try to do it. First I must introduce to tmdb API
Awesome stuff! Would also love to see this for music albums Wink

And +1 for submission to the metadata sites, that would be a game changer!
Really nice add-on which I think I'll add to Rapier.

It could be cool to be able to skin the dialog used. Right now it really doesn't fit with the skin design.
version: 1.0.1

Now for testing only from my repository.

- Added: submitting to metadata websites (TMDB, TVDB, FILMWEB)
- Added: Second account for submitting

Main changes:
- Service addon for script is no more needed and is disabled in repository. You can delete it. userdata/service.user.rating
- Enabling second account causes to show separate rate dialog for your WIFE if she has another account on sites and does not think like you Smile But remember local rating is only stored from first dialog (master profile).

Limitations:
If you using TheTVDB.com scrapper for tvshows you will not be able to submit rate to other sites! KODI can store only one ID per tvshow or movie.

(2016-03-22, 00:45)zag Wrote: Awesome stuff! Would also love to see this for music albums Wink

And +1 for submission to the metadata sites, that would be a game changer!

Jarvis don't have user rating for albums.

(2016-03-25, 03:46)Gade Wrote: Really nice add-on which I think I'll add to Rapier.

It could be cool to be able to skin the dialog used. Right now it really doesn't fit with the skin design.

I am a terrible designer Tongue You mean the color of stars or background or something else?
(2016-04-01, 10:51)Regss Wrote:
(2016-03-25, 03:46)Gade Wrote: Really nice add-on which I think I'll add to Rapier.

I am a terrible designer Tongue You mean the color of stars or background or something else?

Yeah, I mean the whole rating dialog, which is now generated by the script.

Most other script use an xml file for something like this. It should be rather simple to create the xml file for your script, but my Python skills are very limited. So how to get the xml work with the script is beyond me Smile

I'll be happy to help out with the skin side of it. The xml file could be named something like "script-userrating-main.xml".

The folder structure should be:

resources\skins\default\1080i\script-userrating-main.xml
resources\skins\default\media (all images)
You can refere to https://github.com/trakt/script.trakt/bl...ing.py#L91 for an example
OK. I rewrited rate dialog to WindowXML - v. 1.0.2 in my repo. Please check it is correct becouse it is my first time with windowXML.
Thanks so much for adding this.

I will check it out and let you if everything works as expected Wink
Hi Regss.

I just checked with your latest git, and everything seems to work very well Smile

I skinned the dialog for Rapier:

This is something I've been dreaming about! For now on, I have it enabled on my build with Titan skin... I love the fact I can rate my movies but... The only way to see this rating is to show video informations.

I wish it was possible to see both ratings (IMDB/TMDB + Local User Rating) while browsing movies! Maybe on top of that overide the "watched" label on posters with the rating...

On top of that, it would be awesome if a pop-up could show up at the end of a movie to ask for rating, using a "Netflix" like pop-up like it happens at the end of an episode when watching TV shows (Next Up Notifications: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228435)

That would be wonderful, anyway keep up the good work! I've been waiting a very long time to see this plugin Wink

EDIT: If I believe my addons list, it seems like this is not the User Rating I'm currently using within my build, indeed I wonder how could I integrate this to a skin first, the rest is absolutely optional! Just sharing ideas
Hi it looks promising but is it possible to link my ratings to imdb?
As I know IMDB don't have API, but I can be wrong. I look on it soon. Currently I am finishing work on a full synchronization ratings for TMDb and TVDB. By one click you can sync all ratings in both directions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User Rating - Easy rate your media1