Req Estuary create personal main menu
(2016-03-21, 02:37)BobCratchett Wrote: There have been hints - hints that may be have been completely mis-interpreted by myself it has to be said - that this may be a part of Kodi in the future. If it's not, then there is work that the ugly hack that is Skin Shortcuts (and, as the original creator of that script let me just agree that it really is an ugly hack) will be included in a mod in the future. And, if there isn't a pretty solution enabled within Kodi, there is a Skin Shortcuts fork being worked on by a very talented developer (who, I hope knows is welcome to call on myself for assistance should it be required).

In the meantime, lets hold on to the hope that Estuary - and the many changes to Kodi that it has already required, and will continue to do so - mean that a Skin Shortcuts version won't be required in the future.

Nod Fingers crossed.
I agree. This is a feature which should have priority. I have seen this requested for years now from many people. The reason why I still use Aeon Nox on my Kodi box is because it lets me choose how my main menu looks. So I have separate folders and menu entries for normal and anime movies/series. I cross my fingers too.
Is the skin helper service used by Titan, Aeon Nox and others considered hacky? https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...er.service

I haven't looked at the inner workings but got the impression this was quite a good library, at least form an end user perspective its easy to create custom menus and more.
(2016-07-18, 01:41)petebob796 Wrote: Is the skin helper service used by Titan, Aeon Nox and others considered hacky? https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...er.service

I haven't looked at the inner workings but got the impression this was quite a good library, at least form an end user perspective its easy to create custom menus and more.

Well skin-helper-service is quite good(well coded, well documented, supported), but you see how it is using window properties to hold and pass data? That is a 'hack' because it is not the intended use of window properties.

I really can't believe they didn't add this when they were switching to a new skin - it has been a missing feature for years now.

xnappo
Great! But before I leap, does this MOD work with OSMC? If so, does this zip file install in OSMC?
Thanks,
raldo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary create personal main menu2