Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Editions
yo

LotR trilogy extended edition is two DVDs per movie.

For each movie I can apply the same movie meta data but then can't see which is part1 and which is part2 anymore.

How to I apply the same movie data but then change the name to reflect that they are part1 and part2?

Sorry if this is an obvious question, I don't get as much time as I'd like to squirrel around on Kodi

The words part1 and part2 are in the file name, ideally Kodi would let me just include the file name along with all the rest of the meta data?
Navigate to the movie in your movie library, open the Context menu ("C" key on keyboard) and select "Edit title". Then you can add "disk 1" or "part 1" to the movie titles as needed. Works for me for my multi-disk movies like LOTR.
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
cool, what's a good approach on a movie folder where it's not just 2 parts but where there are maybe 80 parts?

ideally would show up as a single title but still allow me to go in and select individual parts.
(2016-03-21, 00:10)ArnoVR Wrote: cool, what's a good approach on a movie folder where it's not just 2 parts but where there are maybe 80 parts?

ideally would show up as a single title but still allow me to go in and select individual parts.

What movie has 80 parts?
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
these guys for example:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/320928-...-and-white
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/328187-...lume-three

same goes for newer kiddie cartoons though, just usually more around 8 - 12 per dvd

you can get the single file but then you have to watch the commentator between episodes and you miss the bonuses. also useful to be able to "play from here" on the episode you like
I think this problem would go away if you could define a folder as a series but then use a movie scraper on it.

Is it naive to think there might be a simple enough way to "hack" Kodi to let me do that?

I'd like to avoid having to write python scripts to fix this issue if at all possible but am prepared to do so if the above is not realistic.

Appreciate any advice.
hmm, guess I might park Kodi for now and just use the LG built in media player, not getting much extra value out of playing files using Kodi files list
Ive just had the same issue but mergered the mkv's to a single file using mkvmerge...google it :-)
yea thought of doing that but I'd like to retain the ability to go to one of the files and "play from here" rather than having to play from the start and fast forward, there's the possibility of adding chapters when you merge the files so you can skip to the next chapter rather than fast forwarding but it's still not as nice as just scrolling down to the file you want.
there is a feature for what I'm trying to do, it's called sets, what you need is an nfo file to define the video as part of a set

1. enable grouping in sets: settings -> videos -> library -> group movies in sets
  2. create your .nfo files (section "4 Movie sets" in the above link)
  3. now scan your files as movies using themoviedb scraper
  4. go to movies --> sets --> right click you new set and select "manage" then choose the cover art for it.

of course creating .nfo's for hundreds of videos is horrible, here's an easy example of how you can automate it:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python

import glob, re

search_string = '*.mkv'
movie_file_name_regex=r'-\s(.*?)\.'
setname='The Complete Goofy'
sort_title_name='Goofy'
setmetadata = 'http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/293973-walt-disney-treasures-the-complete-goofy'

for moviefile in glob.glob(search_string):
    fullfilename = moviefile.split('.')
    match = re.search(movie_file_name_regex,moviefile)
    filename = match.group(1)
    number = moviefile.split(' ')
    sort_title = sort_title_name + ' ' + number[0]
    fo = open(fullfilename[0] + '.nfo', "wb")
    setxml='''<movie>
    <title>{0}</title>
    <set>{1}</set>
    <sorttitle>{2}</sorttitle>
</movie>
{3}
'''.format(filename, setname, sort_title, setmetadata)
    fo.write(setxml)
    fo.close()

Populate the first 5 variables for your use case then copy the script into the directory with all the files and run.

My video files are manually numbered to keep them in order eg 21 - Canine Casanova.mkv" The regex in my example is required to get only the name without the number and extension for use in the title element. I've kept the ability to sort by reusing that number in the sorttitle element however.

Of course I'm not taking into account all file naming possibilities here, having a "." anywhere else in the file name other than before the extension would break my script for example.

This is how my .nfo file looks for "21 - Canine Casanova.mkv":

Code:
<movie>
    <title>Canine Casanova</title>
    <set>The Complete Goofy</set>
    <sorttitle>Goofy 21</sorttitle>
</movie>
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/293973-walt-disney-treasures-the-complete-goofy

I also don't know how you would achieve the same on OpenELEC type devices where there is no access to the underlying OS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Editions0