Audio Stuttering
(2016-04-17, 15:00)dcrdev Wrote:
(2016-04-13, 16:25)greenbag Wrote: That sounds more like a signal issue. Have you checked the signal strength with the on-screen meter, as well as the cpu usage? The O key on the keyboard brings up this data. Other than that, possibly hardware acceleration settings, or even de-interlacing settings. Try turning it off.

As already stated signal quality is not the issue here. Deinterlacing is just set to auto, acceleration is enabled and working. Like I said this only affects live streams and not recordings - I'm not compressing recordings in any way.

Using the vlc htsp client works flawlessly, so seems to be localised to this addon. I'm using the latest git from the Jarvis branch.

I can't seem to get a TVH log as it seems to be logging to the systemd journal, I've tried the temporary log path in TVH but no file gets created.

Then it's a timing issue between audio and video... ie: signal quality and the processor's capability to keep things synced. It can happen with high signal strength as well.. not just a weak signal. I've had similar issues with a Hauppauge 1850 in a p4 system.

edit: when I mentioned hardware acceleration or de-interlacing settings.. did you actually try with them disabled? Yes, they work.. but how are they affecting the rest of the video? Using de-interlacing of any kind can cause issues with 1080i sometimes, depending on your platform. It can even cause Kodi to crash sometimes. And as for hardware acceleration.. if you use an alsa based audio card, using acceleration can screw things up. So yeah.. test without it, see if that's the issue. If not.. then at least it's eliminated from the list of possibilities.
You can also try playing with the audio resample settings in Kodi. See if that's affecting anything. Hell.. it could also come down to ram timings and video card frequency. If something's out of sync.. somewhere... then either the video or the audio gets adjusted to resync things up again. I had similar issues with Dishnet years back.. but that was definitely signal fluctuations, with the receiver trying to resync things back up when the signal twitched.
@Prof Yaffle I'll try and get a log when I get home, thanks!

@greenbag no I didn't try disabling either, primarily because this is also affecting radio streams which utilize neither. As for audio re sampling settings I'll have a play around. I'm not sure how I'd deal with ram timing issues though.
I'd still look at the stream info to see if you're dropping frames or not, and if you have any signal/noise ratio... "o" on the keyboard.
(2016-04-18, 13:45)dcrdev Wrote: @Prof Yaffle I'll try and get a log when I get home, thanks!

@greenbag no I didn't try disabling either, primarily because this is also affecting radio streams which utilize neither. As for audio re sampling settings I'll have a play around. I'm not sure how I'd deal with ram timing issues though.

Please notice that I already created a ticket for this issue in het pvr hts github. All my systems are affected, OSX, Windows, OSMC and Kodibuntu. Ram timing issues on all these systems? Not in my opinion. The problem is in low bitrate material and the way Kodi handles that. It should already be known to the developers.

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/107# Please read.
(2016-04-18, 18:34)McYoshi Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 13:45)dcrdev Wrote: @Prof Yaffle I'll try and get a log when I get home, thanks!

Please notice that I already created a ticket for this issue in het pvr hts github. All my systems are affected, OSX, Windows, OSMC and Kodibuntu. Ram timing issues on all these systems? Not in my opinion. The problem is in low bitrate material and the way Kodi handles that. It should already be known to the developers.

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/107# Please read.

Well, if you created a ticket, it was 6 months ago, and it was Kodi 15.2. This is Kodi 16. I have never had an issue with pvr.hts, in either 15 Isengard or 16 Jarvis. And as for ram timings.. I said it was a "possibility". If you've ever done any video capturing, you'd know what I was talking about. And if this glitch in the audio stream was cycling.. ie: a specific time between glitches, and not just random attacks, then that could very well be ram timings.
You'll also notice your ticket discussion brought up the fact about "very low bitrate".. ie: ~100kbps. HD OTA video has a minimum of 300kbps audio. At least my feeds do.
Just upgraded to 16.1, problem is still there. Could someone please have a look at my kodi.log?

http://pastebin.com/NqrrYg94
From what I can see in the log, your TVHeadend backend server is sending data that your Kodi frontend does not like and
therefore Kodi is dropping frames and the audio packets.

Can you upgrade your TVHeadend backend server to the latest stable version and try that?
Thanks for the info. I'm on 4.1-389~g10d7654 I can try upgrading tvheadend for sure. Though I have to say VLC is running those stuttering radio stations like a charm.
@McYoshi for your problem, could you try disabling rewrite EIT in tvheadend> configuration> stream > stream profiles> pass. I could not play any radio stream into mpd now with this setting disabled all radio stream play perfectly
Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried and unfortunately it isn't working out for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Stuttering0