Someone deliver me from iTunes, please?
After a few months I manage KODI quite well.
The only thing boring me terrible, is that every night at the start of my Mac mini 2015 (only used as HTPC) booting to kodi full screen, my Logitech Harmony Ultimate is not working because iTunes prevents this apparently (I get some on-screen volume control of see from iTunes).
Being on the sofa, I have to take my mouse and try to get out of kodi and quit iTunes, but sometimes I even have to completely reboot the Mini.
Is there any solution please (except having the Mini always turned on)?
Yes there is. Use alternatieve infrared driver candleair.

https://www.iospirit.com/labs/candelair/
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
I installed Candleair but my problem persists. What now?
Did you reset the remote in system -> system -> input services -> Apple remote to none ? And than back to harmony remote ?
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Today I reinstalled KODI from scratch; want to test it tonight
Just a thought: Since there is an iTunes / OSX update this week, its possible iTunes takes ir control again. Reinstall candleair from the settings panel And reboot to let the candleair driver take control again.
I have applied all proposals, all in vain: iTunes keep starting unintentionally after each start of the mini.
I have to quit Kodi, quit iTunes and then restart Kodi: everything is OK, even with my own keyboard definition.
In System Preferences Input Device= Harmony remote.
(dutch:
Ik heb alle voorstellen toegepast, allemaal tevergeefs: iTunes start ongewild na elk opstarten van de mini.
Ik moet Kodi stoppen, iTunes stoppen en dan Kodi herstarten: alles OK, zelfs met mijn eigen keyboard definitie.
In de systeemvoorkeuren staat bij Invoerapparaat: Harmony remote.)

I performed once again Candleair diagnostics and got these two messages:
(Ik heb nog eens Candleair diagnostics uitgevoerd en kreeg deze 2 meldingenSmile

Checking running applications
XBMCHelper (PID 268) is using the Apple® Remote in exclusive mode
While XBMCHelper accesses your Apple® IR Receiver exclusively, no other application or OS X will receive Apple® Remote button press events. This can give you the impression that your Apple® Remote doesn't work. In that case, quit XBMCHelper (located at /Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Resources/Kodi/tools/darwin/runtime/XBMCHelper).

Testing exclusive access
Can't get exclusive access
RCD's attempt to get temporary, exclusive access failed (error: The operation couldn’t be completed. (Mach error -536870203 - (iokit/common) exclusive access and device already open) (3)). This usually means that another application is already having exclusive access to the Apple® Remote. Neither OS X nor other applications will be able to respond to your Apple® Remote at the same time. This can give you the impression that your Apple® Remote doesn't work. Quit the application that exclusively accesses the Apple® Remote to make it available to OS X and other applications again.
Sad OSX trouble

1. Is iTunes somehow present in settings -> users -> login as an startup login item ? If it is remove it.
2. Just to be sure remove Ituneshelper also from login (should not make any difference)
3. Is there anything else iTunes related in startup ? remove it
4. is your iPhone/Ipad/Ipod cable connected to the mac mini ? disconnect it

reboot
reinstall candle air
reboot
start Kodi

that a lot of rebooting for OSX but i just want to be sure we are left with the right settings.

FYI : just updated to candleair 1.28 just to be sure. All is well here on my mac mini system. Big difference is that i let the mac mini hibernate, i seldom reboot or restart.
1. Startup at login: karabiner & kodi
2. no iTunes helper
3. nothing that I know
4) ipad/iphone not connected

Candleair 1.28

I have done everything you suggest: iTunes still pops up after booting the mini.
Tried deleting your iTunes prefs?

*Warning, you will lose all your iTunes settings*
Yeah this one is troublesome

- Is your iphone / ipad somehow set to autosyncing over wifi to itunes ? Can you disable that ?
- Do you have a device connected like bleutooth headphones / speakers that will trigger itunes ?
- Are headphones connected to the input jack ?

Something is causing this. Can you dscribe what is connected to the mac mini ?
I bought these mac mini as HTPC and use it exclusively with kodi.
I don't need iTunes at all.
The mini is digitally connected (wired) to my stereo receiver ONKYO TX-8150 (wired connected to speakers); further a UPT cable to my Airport Extreme and an HDMI cable to my 8-year-old Kuro TV.
(2016-03-26, 13:13)riji Wrote: I bought these mac mini as HTPC and use it exclusively with kodi.
The mini is digitally connected (wired) to my stereo receiver ONKYO TX-8150 (wired connected to speakers); further a UPT cable to my Airport Extreme and an HDMI cable to my 8-year-old Kuro TV.

If you don't need iTunes at all, have you tried something like this:

How to Uninstall iTunes in Mac OS X
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
I uninstalled iTunes, let's hope it stay away... I'll report on this.
(2016-03-26, 13:13)riji Wrote: I bought these mac mini as HTPC and use it exclusively with kodi.

Same as mine setup. You could consider a clean osx install. Otherwise i am out of options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Someone deliver me from iTunes, please?0