Someone deliver me from iTunes, please?
To stop itunes starting by itself, try the following (a search will tell you more about each one):

http://www.thebitguru.com/projects/iTunesPatch or
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.rcd.plist
Check no iphones etc are set to sync automatically
Checking the audio cable is not loose - try another one
Switch to HDMI output or optical for audio
Candleair
Leave itunes on "itunes store" or similar
EDIT - 2 more to try from below
Also try unticking "launch kodi with remote"
Then also try adding a 2 second delay before launching kodi (you can test this by launching manually a few times)

In terms of the Harmony remote not working when kodi first starts - try a 2 second delay (applescript or similar) before kodi is launched and uncheck "allow start of kodi using the remote")
Thanks, I'll give it a try;
but I experienced that the http://www.thebitguru.com/projects/iTunesPatch is no solution.
@Gigantur,
Eureka,
4 days (= 4x) booting the mac mini to kodi WITHOUT iTunes... this time I'm really hopeful.
What made the difference? "Uncheck "launch kodi with remote".
I also reuse my script-app to delay starting kodi with 2 second on booting, to have it full screen.
Glad it is working so far (and happy to help). That setting (which causes the helper app to run at all times) has been a problem for me - causing my apple remote control not to work. I suspect fixing it has always been a low priority for the devs as the 2 second delay with applescript (or similar) does work.

If itunes autostart comes back then I suggest try the other suggestions in the list as well..
Hello,

I wanted to send to Riji a private message to ask him a question, but it doesn't seems to work, so I'll ask my question here, maybe he'll see it...
Sorry if it's a bit "off topic"...

First thanks for your help, I'm collecting informations on Logitech harmony system to remote Kodi and your post was interesting.
But what interested me the more was the use of Karabiner in your config.

I use Karabiner in my config too, to control my external sound card, and I wanted to be sure that it works well with the harmony system :

Does Karabiner "sees" your Logitech Harmony Elite ?
Can you remap keys of it ?
If yes do you think it would work with a Harmony Companion, or Harmony Smart Remote ? They use the Hub too, so I think what works for an Elite should work for these models too, but I'd like to be quite sure before buy it Wink

Thank you very much for your help,
Matthieu
To anyone who wants to know : yes it works ! Smile

I just tested the harmony companion with my iMac and everything can be remapped via Karabiner, because the Logitech is "seen" as a standart bluetooth keyboard.

Very nice !
Bye bye

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Someone deliver me from iTunes, please?0