• 103(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
Hi,
Using Leia Alpha 2 & 3 on Windows 10
Getting tracks silence towards end of track in playlist
Track appears to be playing in the background because if I wait long enough the next track in the playlist.
No such issue with native Windows 10 spotify app 
Is this add on still under development & support?
Thanks,
Neeto
Hello,

I can't install it from repo. / distro: LibreELEC 8.2.5, RPi2. Does anyone know how to fix it?

EDITED:
Manuall installation of depedencies solved problem.
When I'm using Spotify connect after the song is over, the next song trys to play then it quits. Running Leia on win10 64 bit.
This Plugin requires Spotify Pro?
Maybe a Plugin can use the Spotify Web Interface?
Or can I just browse to the Webside inside Kodi?
(2016-03-21, 23:35)marcelveldt Wrote: Supported platforms for local playback
- Windows (32/64 bits) with 32bits Kodi [note: Kodi v18 with 64bits Kodi version not supported due to a python bug]
Can you elaborate on the python bug in Kodi 18 64 bit?  Any chance it's fixed in nightly builds or will ever be fixed?  Any work around?
Thanks!
Wasted so much time on looking for a Spotify client for Kodi, but this totally solved my problem.
I know that is not really related to here, but I have come to this post looking for a solution, so I put this here so that other can found my solution.
Thanks shlomilanton!  I will check it out tonight.
Hello

it gives me error of registry the addon, when always it had worked well in flibreelec kodi 16, in a raspberry pi3

I've tried the addon on my mac osx 10.12.5 with kodi 18 and it works fine.

in my spotify premium account, I find the Kodi plugin correctly in apps.

because from the raspberry pi, I can not get into my account?
I always get the message to accept the app in the browser.
but no new request is opened in the browser.

I tried to delete in the account of spotify the app and from the raspberry pi is impossible to access, but from the Mac, without having to accept anything in my account, if I access and only appears in the spotify account the app correctly. without doing anything.

What can be?

Thank you!!
Hello I tried the addon and i can log in, select and play songs, but i get no sound just a click at the start and then nothing.
Movies and other sound files play without problem in Kodi.
I also tried a fresh install of Kodi but still the same issue with Spotify....
(Using Kodi beta2 and Spotify 1.1.58 on Windows 10 64bit)
Hi on libreelec latest kodi 18 build I can login but only by entering credentials I can see everything add music to list etc but when I select to play a track from an album it will just run through each track without playing any

Please help get a spotify premium account just for this addon lol
I've figured it out

You need to highlight song and select play using and select video player

Only then will it play
Weird
(2018-07-14, 15:40)jjsr1980 Wrote: All fine I had to play around with Spotify connect in this addon. Right now it works !!
 Hi,
how did you manage this?

do you have the json?  thanks T
Hi
how can I name the device plugin to identify the remote device in spotify account?
will it be hostname of osmc?
Thanks
(2018-09-20, 17:19)ozboss Wrote: Hello I tried the addon and i can log in, select and play songs, but i get no sound just a click at the start and then nothing.
Movies and other sound files play without problem in Kodi.
I also tried a fresh install of Kodi but still the same issue with Spotify....
(Using Kodi beta2 and Spotify 1.1.58 on Windows 10 64bit)

I'm facing the same problem. The diference is that I'm using Kodi and Raspbian on a Raspberry Pi 3.

No sound.

It's there any solution for this?

tkz
(2018-03-15, 16:06)adixor Wrote: Hi all

(new here)

I have installed the latest version today (1.1.46) on RPI3 + OSMC + Kodi latest (17.6) but unfortunately I have encountered the dreaded 2.40 min problem (play stops after 2.40, CPU goes very high for few seconds then system skips to next song and everything happens again in a loop Smile ).

I have tried to debug it more and saw that basically the spotty-muslhf process seems to die after getting the first part of the song (seen as <defunct> in ps axufw) and once kodi wants to buffer some more data (around minute 2:20-2:30) multiple such pspotty-muslhf processes get spawned FOR THE SAME TRACK and they consume A LOT OF CPU. Due to that apparently the curl cannot get the data anymore (a tcpdump shows TCP Window 0 messages as the system cannot cope with the curl transfer) and then.. well everything dies and we start again with the next song.

I was able to find a workaround though! apparently on RPI the kodi cache is around 20MB (which I understand means it consumes 60MB of RAM, don't ask me why, ask https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_cache).
I modified that value to be 80MB (which I guess will consume 240MB but I  did NOT yet see that, memory consumption is the same) but it works, play does not stop anymore! Well,. maybe for songs more than 10minutes it will, but I don't listen much to those.

Here's my /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml if you want to try:

osmc@osmc:~/.kodi/userdata$ cat advancedsettings.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
        <network>
                <autodetectpingtime>30</autodetectpingtime>
                <curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout>
                <curllowspeedtime>3</curllowspeedtime>
                <curlretries>3</curlretries>
                <disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
<!--            <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize> -->
        </network>
        <cache>
                <buffermode>1</buffermode>
                 <memorysize>80971520</memorysize>
                 <readfactor>10</readfactor>
        </cache>
</advancedsettings>

I have also modified some of the CURL variables above (default timeout was 5, def speedtime was 1 (I also saw messages related to this when the issue happens), curlretries was 2). Anyway, not sure about the CURL variables and I don't think they are related, I think it's related with the memorysize value which was about 20000000. Try it, maybe it will work for you.

If that is indeed the cause (cannot test now more on this),  then the exact 2:40 timemark might be caused by the default kodi value for the buffer on RPI systems. I mean not caused but that may be a factor, the issue still seems to be related with spotty-muslhf doing something wrong somewhere but it's a binary, not much I can investigate there. The multiple <defunct> spotty-muslhf children of kodi.bin do not look good though...

Curious if that helps anyone.

adixor
 Thank you!!!! I was trying everyting for days! This solves the audio cut-off problem on windows 10 x64, kodi 17, confirmed with spotify version 1.1.44 and finaly it works fine with the latest 1.1.58.
I went back to 17 after trying to solve this problem on Leia. I wonder if it would work on Leia. Now I'm scared to try xD
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17