• 79(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
(2017-07-05, 09:05)tehax Wrote: I also have to thank for the great work. But one thing i notice is that while waiting for "nexttrack" my Kodi system seems to freeze. Any other actions within kodi ends with freeze.

Freeze is the deadlock issue I'm investigating. If that happens just wait and it will continue itself.
In the add-on settings set the playback to directly output to the soundcard, that should make it a bit more reliable already.
(2017-07-05, 20:42)Asaw1983 Wrote: The spotify add-on is amazing. It is in fact my most used add-on and is for me what makes kodi what it is. I fortunately, since update to kodi 17, have not been able to use it at all. I'm not sure if its something that I am doing wrong but no tracks play at all and on selection causes a temporary hang. I am using the most up to date version (.30?) From your beta repo. Any suggestions?

Please check the following:

1. In the add-on settings set playback to directly use the soundcard, see if that helps.
2. In the plugin entry (when you browse) make sure you select your local machine as the Spotify Connect target. As a test you may want to set it to another device and back. It can be flakey sometimes.

Also, whenever you want to report an issue, make sure to include details, such as what hardware, OS and your kodi logfile.

(2017-07-05, 20:42)Asaw1983 Wrote: I read that kodi is looking for add-on developers to join their official repo. This would get my vote as when it works I love this add-on. Before kodi 17 it was flawless.

Looking forward to having it back, thanks for the excellent work.

This add-on will not be included in the official repo in it's current state because it uses a 3th party binary to handle the playback which is against the rules to be included in the official repo. If Spotify ever decides to finally launch an enhancement to their api to make the playback possible, this add-on can be submitted to the official repo.
(2017-07-06, 18:18)rollcry Wrote: Hello Marcel,

perhaps you could help me with the following problem within Spotify:

19:14:45.648 T:1937765360 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(activatewindow(10502,"plugin) in activatewindow(10502,"plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=browse_playlists&ownerid=xxxxx",return).tbn
19:14:49.822 T:1709175792 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting
19:15:17.063 T:1725953008 ERROR: Previous line repeats 3 times.
19:15:17.063 T:1725953008 NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> playback stopped

- Hardware: RaspberryPi 2
- Addon version: 1.0.30

The result is, that i can open spotify choose my plalist and when i want to start a title the screen shows, that a totally different title starts but without any real (music) signal output and when i try to choose another title again the same different title seems to be started but again without any result.

Thanks for your help

In the main screen when you enter the add-on you can set the playback device. Please (re)set it to your local machine.
Also, in the add-on settings try to play with the setting to enable playback through Kodi or directly to the sound card.
(2017-07-07, 08:43)theycallmecheese Wrote: Getting the old "failed to play" message again. I'm using LibreELEC KODI 17 on a RasPi with the Spotify addon version 1.1.30.

I'm still investigating the deadlock situation with Kodi. I really need contact with the Kodi dens for that because I believe this to be an issue in Kodi itself.
In the meanwhile, go into the add-on settings and set playback to directly use the audio device. Can you give that a try ?
(2017-07-09, 06:20)theycallmecheese Wrote: (KODI Krypton, on a RasPi 3, Spotify addon ver 1.1.30)
It looks like it was the screensaver for me! Still testing but I was getting what appeared to be random failures to play (my previous post), but I noticed they always happen when a song switches but not when I select one and play it manually. Then I realized that every time it happened, it was while the screen was dimmed for the screen saver-mode. Disabling screen saver completely has let the last 6 songs play without failures. Hope this helped someone!!

Hmmm, this is some useful information. Can you still confirm this ?
(2017-07-09, 07:24)ryadre Wrote: Tried this thanks. Problem is the song will play a 30 second random part of the song then goes to the net song. Also an error comes up about log in.

Your platform is not compatible with the old version of the plugin. You will need the new version which only supports Connect playback.
If you're on Android you will need to install the official Spotify app on your device and set that up.

If you than install this Kodi plugin, it will allow you to control your Spotify connect target device.

Note that I'm working on an issue where the playback stops immediately on Android devices because the sound card is blocked.
Hi,
small question: Is there a way to translate some of the menu buttons? The Integration of the plugin looks a little bit funny because, for me, some of the Buttons are german, some are english. Is there a file that needs to be changed, or does your add-on currently not support multilanguages?
Greetings,
Pete
(2017-07-09, 16:16)PeteTheBeat Wrote: Hi,
small question: Is there a way to translate some of the menu buttons? The Integration of the plugin looks a little bit funny because, for me, some of the Buttons are german, some are english. Is there a file that needs to be changed, or does your add-on currently not support multilanguages?

In the location where the addon is installed, in the resources folder there's a sub folder languages containing the language resource file for each language. See the English language file for a reference which items are missing from the German file at the bottom. Some new strings were added so the German file needs updating. Please send me the new German file once you're done so I can update it in the source. Thanks for your contribution to open source, community driven software !

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Marcel,

I am running the latest Leia nightly, under Windows 10, with your plugin version 1.1.30. I cannot get any track to play, no matter what device is selected for audio output.

I get this in the log:

10:59:15.350 T:9176 WARNING: plugin.audio.spotify --> Exception in plugin_content ! --> 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
10:59:15.350 T:9176 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1

Is this a known problem? Is there anything else I need to configure? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
(2017-07-09, 17:04)bsoriano Wrote: Marcel,

I am running the latest Leia nightly, under Windows 10, with your plugin version 1.1.30. I cannot get any track to play, no matter what device is selected for audio output.

I get this in the log:

10:59:15.350 T:9176 WARNING: plugin.audio.spotify --> Exception in plugin_content ! --> 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Is this a known problem? Is there anything else I need to configure? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

In the main plugin listing select your local machine as the playback target, maybe as a test even set it to a different device just to check

Hi,

I'm using Kodi 17 and the latest version of Spotify add-on (installed yesterday) and I have kind of strange issue.

I installed it, I successfuly logged in and got list of my tracks, but I can't play any of them... or at least I can not see whether something's playing or not. I can hit "space" or "enter" key on my keyboard how many times I want but nothing happens.

I tried to restart KODI, reinstall add-on, wait for song to start and no luck yet.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
(2017-07-09, 17:24)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-07-09, 17:04)bsoriano Wrote: Marcel,

I get this in the log:

Regards,

Bart

In the main plugin listing select your local machine as the playback target, maybe as a test even set it to a different device just to check

Thanks Marcel. I tried that, but the only thing it lets set it to is Spotify Connect: <Kodi device name of my machine>.

Also, seeing this in the log when I tried that:

11:50:22.887 T:26340 WARNING: plugin.audio.spotify --> Exception in plugin_content ! --> http status: 502, code:-1 - https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player:
Bad gateway.
11:50:22.887 T:26340 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1

And when I tried to play a track after that, it did not play, and got in the log the same error that I reported before.

Regards,

Bart
(2017-07-09, 13:19)marcelveldt Wrote: Hmmm, this is some useful information. Can you still confirm this ?

It did eventually still fail but I get way more reliable song-plays. With the screen saver on, I get 1-2 songs and then failure - always on the track that tries to start after the screen goes dim. With it off, I can get almost through an album before it hangs and refuses to play anything until I reboot. I'm wondering if its the use of 'localhost/nexttrack' in the playlist instead of adding the songs themselves? My wifi adapter has a little activity light and I can tell when a song is going to fail when the light stops flickering rapidly and just blinks slowly as if waiting.
I'm seeing the same issue that bsoriano is reporting. I'm getting inconsistent results where sometimes a song will play (after a long delay where Kodi freezes for a few seconds) and other times nothing plays and I see the errors in the logs:

Code:
16:00:00.936 T:6308 WARNING: plugin.audio.spotify --> Exception in plugin_content ! --> 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
16:00:00.936 T:6308 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
(2017-07-09, 13:21)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-07-09, 07:24)ryadre Wrote: Tried this thanks. Problem is the song will play a 30 second random part of the song then goes to the net song. Also an error comes up about log in.

Your platform is not compatible with the old version of the plugin. You will need the new version which only supports Connect playback.
If you're on Android you will need to install the official Spotify app on your device and set that up.

If you than install this Kodi plugin, it will allow you to control your Spotify connect target device.

Note that I'm working on an issue where the playback stops immediately on Android devices because the sound card is blocked.

Thanks, just tried that older version to see if it worked somewhat. yes I do have Spotify app on my shield working, kodi playback will work only if it opens up the Spotify android tv app and uses that. I will wait for your fix to get playback working inside kodi. Would really prefer to use kodi app for Spotify instead of the app. Cheers
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17