• 41(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
Hello,

I have tried your addon on LibreELEC 7.90.009 for Odroid C2.
Unfortunately, the aarch64 shared libraries provided with the addon are not compatible with the OS.
Is the source of the library available? If so, I could compile it for all variants of LibreELEC.

Thank you in advance for your attention
@
(2016-12-09, 23:08)awiouy Wrote: Hello,

Unfortunately, the aarch64 shared libraries provided with the addon are not compatible with the OS.
Is the source of the library available? If so, I could compile it for all variants of LibreELEC.

@

This has been discussed many, many times and also in the first post.
The libspotify SDK is outdated and not available for the latest platforms.

It's aiting for the spotify devs untill they release something newer or add playback support to the webapi.
Currently libspotify is only used for playback of tracks, all other stuff is already handled by the new webapi.
@marcelveldt: Would you mind answering my post #600? It's a real problem making the search function partially useless. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes the list ist totally empty, although a lot of results were found. If you can't replicate the problem, tell me where to find a logfile or something like that. I'd appreciate that help of yours a lot. Bedankt en tot ziens! Cacol
(2016-12-09, 23:11)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-12-09, 23:08)awiouy Wrote: Hello,

@

This has been discussed many, many times and also in the first post.
The libspotify SDK is outdated and not available for the latest platforms.

It's aiting for the spotify devs untill they release something newer or add playback support to the webapi.
Currently libspotify is only used for playback of tracks, all other stuff is already handled by the new webapi.

Got it ! But should it be possible to run the addon on s905 with 32 bit userspace build, after some fix from you? Runs fine on s802 but on s905 installs fine but addon says not supported platform and songs only play for 30 seconds. So can some changes be made to platform detection to handle s905 as "a s802 device" ?
Se here for 32 bit info on s902 https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2156-p...l#pid22541
FYI working great on QNAP (after resolving the issue with chrome running on root.
This is done by modifying the google-chrome file in: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HD_Station/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HD_Station/opt/google/default_chrome/ and adding --user-data-dir so the line should look like:
Code:
exec -a "$0" "$HERE/chrome"  "$PROFILE_DIRECTORY_FLAG" \ "$@" --user-data-dir

Thanks!
Question, is it be possible to add the artist name to the lists?
example: Top Lists shows only the title of the track, no artist info.
Note that when viewing the addon from the kodi ios app you do see the artist names in the list so i'm assuming this can be controlled somewhere?
I also would like to see this nice addon on the s905 chip Smile
Hi,

currently I am using the Spotify addon with the Krypton nightlies on a Windows 10 PC.
Is it possible to somehow adjust the streaming bit rate?

Could not find a corresponding setting.

Chris
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
Hi,
I hove some issue when logging to Spotify service, please see my log:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'spotipy.oauth2.SpotifyOauthError'>
Error Contents: Bad Request
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/plugin.py", line 3, in <module>
Main().main()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/plugincontent.py", line 1146, in main
if self.checkLoginDetails():
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/plugincontent.py", line 1074, in checkLoginDetails
self.token = util.prompt_for_user_token(username)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/libs/spotipy/util.py", line 59, in prompt_for_user_token
token_info = sp_oauth.get_access_token(code)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/libs/spotipy/oauth2.py", line 213, in get_access_token
raise SpotifyOauthError(response.reason)
SpotifyOauthError: Bad Request
-->End of Python script error report<--

Do you have any idea what is going wrong. Username and password are OK - tested on Windows PC
Thanks.
Hi,

How this addon can be used with RPI running Libreelec? I read that a cache file shall be copied to the addon folder however could not find the details anywhere. What is the procedure? How often shall it be repetaed? Do I really need a premium account to use this addon?
(2016-12-17, 17:26)sakos Wrote: Hi,

How this addon can be used with RPI running Libreelec? I read that a cache file shall be copied to the addon folder however could not find the details anywhere. What is the procedure? How often shall it be repetaed? Do I really need a premium account to use this addon?
If you read the OP you will find the link with the workaround for Pi users without a browser.
And yes...you need a premium account

Sent from my SM-G903F
Jönke you are right! I have the same experience with S905 SoC (running on Libreelec), so the songs plays for 30 seconds only.
marcelveldt: Could you please change the platform detection part? Seems it's not a big issue to add the same behavior (identical with S802) for S905...
Thank you very much for your kind support!
(2016-12-18, 13:25)ZeroZorro Wrote:

If you read the OP you will find the link with the workaround for Pi users without a browser.

Sent from my SM-G903F (typie typie)
Thanks for you response. Yes, I read the first post before asking, however I could not find the answer on my question.
- "copy the cache file" what cache file? Where it is located?
- how often shall it be done? If I have to do it every time when I swicth on my RPi then the whole thing is useless. I would like to clarify this.
(2016-12-18, 22:45)sakos Wrote:
(2016-12-18, 13:25)ZeroZorro Wrote:

Thanks for you response. Yes, I read the first post before asking, however I could not find the answer on my question.
- "copy the cache file" what cache file? Where it is located?
- how often shall it be done? If I have to do it every time when I swicth on my RPi then the whole thing is useless. I would like to clarify this.
The 'manual' states that it is in userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify
If you cant find it do a search from root...the file itself looks like 'SpotifyUsername.cache'

Sent from my SM-G903F
(2016-12-22, 13:04)ZeroZorro Wrote: The 'manual' states that it is in userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify
If you cant find it do a search from root...the file itself looks like 'SpotifyUsername.cache'

OK, I see now. So, I need to run Kodi with this addon on my PC. Then copy the file from addon folder on PC to addon folder on Pi. This is the trick.

What about the frequency? How often shall this procedure to be done?
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17