• 47(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
(2017-01-22, 12:56)gazzauk71 Wrote: Nope, I've this running on both S905X (Droibox 2G/16GB) and X64 Z8300(2G/32GB) Kodi V17 systems, both using Libreelec V7.95, not Android anymore. It does have an issue whereby it fails to load playlists, and all you can do is restart Kodi, 'systemctl restart kodi' from SSH, or pull the plug. Just thought I'd comment.... not the answer you wanted I guess Sad

How did you get this to run on the s905x?? isnt that aarch64?
@jorritsmit http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2516157
can this addon play spotify radio?
Hi all, can i get this working on Fire Tv please? If so how? I have installed the addon, don't understand if i need web browser on kodi build itself or as an app on the fire tv? Any help greatly appreciated?
Is there any way to include a AutoResume function?
I tried the AutoResume addon, but I got an error, saying it couldn't find a path.

Any suggestions?
working perfectly on my wetek play 2 using latest rayubuntu libreelec beta.thank you so much for this add on.
(2017-01-27, 06:07)koebel99 Wrote: Figured out how to add the Spotify Android app within Kodi ... easy enough workaround.

Hi mate, have spotify app on my fire tv and have the kodi addon. Playing 30secs like the problem you had. How did you get it to work in the end please?
Hi All,

I installed from the EMBY repo. I have added my spotify credentials but unfortunately nothing seems to work. Im using this addon on the latest Kodi build on the Apple TV.

I believe i am supposed to authorize the device in my spotify account. Ive tried doing this fom my macbook air but cant seem to see this apple tv showing up in my spotify premium account.

Any help/assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Allan
The only thing I did was launching Spotify in Kodi which automatically launched the browser so I could verify my account. I don't think you need to authorize your device
(2017-02-13, 13:06)welshy10 Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 06:07)koebel99 Wrote: Figured out how to add the Spotify Android app within Kodi ... easy enough workaround.

Hi mate, have spotify app on my fire tv and have the kodi addon. Playing 30secs like the problem you had. How did you get it to work in the end please?

Can anyone help with this please? I believe this can work on the Fire Tv as its not Arm x86. Like I said, got it all working but its only playing each track for 30 secs.
(2017-02-13, 14:58)Miss_80 Wrote: The only thing I did was launching Spotify in Kodi which automatically launched the browser so I could verify my account. I don't think you need to authorize your device

Was this on an apple tv or a computer?

THanks
On my Apple Macbook
For those that can't get the thing working. See here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2289336

You have copy the cache file that gets installed on the PC device, note PC in Windows as that lets you get at the file in explorer. Copy it off and paste it to the Libreelec file system, into the right folder. Fire up the spotify addon which will run for 30 secs before coming up in Spotify.

Note the 32-bit system build for KSZAK builds, that's the point here, the x64 won't won't work with the Spotify addon as there are no libs from Spotify yet. Thats why KSZAK sticks with the 32-bit for compatibility.

From original thread:

There is a small workaround to try if you have another client which actually does have a browser:
1. install the spotify client on a pc with a browser
2. open the spotify client and accept the authentication request in the browser.
3. now, on the filesystem navigate to kodi userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify and copy the cache file to the same location on your pi

In step 3 there should be a file with your spotify username in its file name. Thats the file you copy. I think that step 1) means install Kodi and then add the spotify client to it from the Embry repo. Even test it out on the PC which will work. In that way you can be sure you've a working structure and system in Kodi. You can then take the .cache file, copy it to your Kodi box and fire up Spotify.

Its put in here,change the name of course to your box: \\libreelecs905x\Userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify Your see the file user_name.CACHE so go ahead copy it and place it back into the same folder structure on your Kodi box. In my case the S905X using KSZAK builds for S905/x devices. This is just an example of the folder structures used. On Windows the source will be probably found in apps data under the user, the Kodi install structure will be the same though regardless.
Hi,

Just installed spotify and configured with my premium account details.

However when I want to run it it gives me the follolwing error:

Error Script Failed!: Spotify

Anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Jurjen
not without a debug log I'm afraid. that log gives more detailed information about what is going wrong
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17