• 50(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
@marcelveldt - I recently took the plunge and upgraded to premium, and I have to say this plugin is fantastic.

I'm looking at doing some skin integration and I'm wondering if any of the following is possible?

1. Passing a listitem label to the search function (want to add a button in DialogMusicInfo to search the Artist on spotify from kodi library and also to the music osd).

2. Call related artists / top tracks for artist / all albums for artist / follow artist from music osd. Ideally this would work both for Spotify and Kodi library, but would be extremely happy to just have it working for Spotify tracks only. When listening to playlists I often come across great artists I haven't heard before and it would be excellent if I could follow the artist etc. directly from osd rather than having to go into the playlist first. Also related artists would be really great to be able to do from kodi music library.

I understand if these are not currently possible. I'm not asking for any functionality to be added, just wanted to see if there was something I was missing as I couldn't figure out any way to achieve these myself.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-03-10, 09:09)Jönke Wrote: 1. install the spotify client on a pc with a browser
2. open the spotify client and accept the authentication request in the browser. (Reboot?) Try addon on PC!
3.install addon on Rpi
4. on PC filesystem navigate to kodi userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify and copy the cache file to the same location on your pi
5. (Reboot?) Try addon on rpi

Hey guys, i made these steps. On my local HTPC it runs but not completly in my Odroid C2 with Libreelec 8. After a short time starting spotify i got " Login Error: Platform not supported for playback, continuing without playback support"
All tracks only work 20 seconds. The Odroid is not for me, only for my dad and its his account. I dont need it on my HTPC.

Thx a lot for sollutions

Edit:

My HTPC based up on Ubuntu 14.04 - is this an Librelec Problem? Probaly i should install Ubuntu Mate 16.04 with kodi and test it now? Did someone tested it?
You need a build with 32bit userspace , see Libreelec Amlogic forum
Ah ok, i found on the Hardkernel Comunity a librelec Version with 32bit who runs on the Odroid - i will check it on the weekend out. Thx

Edit: Works thx allot
(2017-02-10, 18:21)thebearnecessit Wrote: can this addon play spotify radio?

It seems to me that the

Code:
GET recommendations

operation (documentation) could be used to build "spotify radio" functionality. It allows seeding by track/artist/genre.

Note that the recommendations() operation isn't in the version of spotipy in the plugin.audio.spotify repository (2.0.1) however it is present in the latest version on github (https://github.com/plamere/spotipy/blob/.../client.py) - also 2.0.1 FWIW.
Maybe i am just a little stupid, but how can i get the addon to autoplay the next song? Relevant Kodi settings are enabled but i am only able to play a single song and have to select the next one manually... Many thanks in advance for your help

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk
(2017-03-24, 20:02)saustark Wrote: Maybe i am just a little stupid, but how can i get the addon to autoplay the next song? Relevant Kodi settings are enabled but i am only able to play a single song and have to select the next one manually... Many thanks in advance for your help

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk

I cant confirm it plays automatic the next track.
Just got notification that playback is not supported

Specific message is

Login ErrorTonguelatform not supported for playback continue without playback support

Is anyone else having this issue?

It seems to play the track but only a few seconds of the track and then skips to the next one.
Answered some post ago, read please
I have a weird issue going on with the Emby Spotify addon. The name of the song playing in fullscreen are just random alphanumeric characters. The name of the song displayed in the list before playing is right but just when it starts to play, Kodi displays the weird characters as name. Any fixes?
Hello guys, i have a Mut@nt HD51 with Kodi plugin. I installed the Spotify addon from Marcel but the problem with authentication exists also within the plugin. I tried to find plugin.audio.spotify through WinSCP but i can't find it. So for the Mut@nt i think it's hard to get it to work, or is there a known solution for this?
(2017-03-24, 06:37)eddiewould Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 18:21)thebearnecessit Wrote: can this addon play spotify radio?

It seems to me that the

Code:
GET recommendations

operation (documentation) could be used to build "spotify radio" functionality. It allows seeding by track/artist/genre.

Note that the recommendations() operation isn't in the version of spotipy in the plugin.audio.spotify repository (2.0.1) however it is present in the latest version on github (https://github.com/plamere/spotipy/blob/.../client.py) - also 2.0.1 FWIW.

I've added experimental radio support on a forked copy of the repository here (check out the feature/radio branch):

https://github.com/flakey-bit/plugin.audio.spotify

@marcelveldt: Have sent a pull-request your way Smile
I encountered the same issue on Mac as some of you, but still didn't figure out how to get rid of it.

I am running Kodi 17, latest nightly build on Mac 10.12.4. Every time when I start Spotify, it simply crashes the application. I can generate logs if it would be helpful for you.

@marcelveldt: thanks a lot for your contribution!
@marcelveldt I love your addon, really nice work.

unfortunately I started getting "ChannelError(0, 1, playlist)" errors when trying to launch the add-on. Been using it for a few months now without having any toruble.
I'm still using kodi 15.2 on a raspberry pi 3. I already tried to delete the user folder in libspotify, but it didn't help.

I tried installing it on windows and I don't have problems there.

Thanks to anybody who is able to help me.
(2017-04-20, 08:02)eddiewould Wrote: I've added experimental radio support on a forked copy of the repository here (check out the feature/radio branch):
https://github.com/flakey-bit/plugin.audio.spotify
@marcelveldt: Have sent a pull-request your way Smile

This is fantastic! The one feature that was sorely missing. Thanks Big Grin

@eddiewould -- I was wondering if there is any possibility of implementing the thumbs up/down feature that is used to improve the song radio? I'm really interested in doing some skin integration into the music osd that would add a button with a menu that could do: Thumb Up, Thumb Down, Save to Collection, Follow Artist, Show Artist Top Tracks, Show All Albums by Artist.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17