• 52(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
Good news everybody, Spotify enhanced their API with connect control.
This means I am working on changes to the addon so it will act more like the other spotify clients.
Within a few days I think I can publish some first version
This is fantastic news!!! Thanks for sharing your work with us and all your efforts. This is going to be great.
(2017-05-21, 01:19)marcelveldt Wrote: Good news everybody, Spotify enhanced their API with connect control.
This means I am working on changes to the addon so it will act more like the other spotify clients.
Can we also have Spotify connect support using these updated API's?
(2017-05-22, 19:52)MarcelMAH Wrote:
(2017-05-21, 01:19)marcelveldt Wrote: Good news everybody, Spotify enhanced their API with connect control.
Can we also have Spotify connect support using these updates API's?

Yes

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Maybe new API is compatible with ARM?
I really want to have Spotify on Vero 4k
(2017-05-23, 18:58)Kociszz Wrote: Maybe new API is compatible with ARM?
I really want to have Spotify on Vero 4k
You could try the new librespot spotify connect service addon for your Vero: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/8438-librespot-addon/

not sure what platform vero 4k is. Is it arm 32bit, or arm 64bit aka aarch64? If it is armhf/arm 32bit, then the RPi2/3 addon would work on it probably. At least it does on LibreELEC for 32bit arm devices.
Hey, great work on this addon Smile

Have you noticed that there is also a reverse engineered spotify client api (open source), which already works quite great for spotify connect:
The original open source development: https://github.com/plietar/librespot
The first works-out-of-the-box service addon for LibreELEC: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/8438-librespot-addon/

Perhaps this would also be something interesting, as it does not require to input user:pass to get a connection. It just works like any Spotify Connect Device in a Wifi Network, hence anybody on a party can connect to it and push songs onto the client without bothering with authentification and so on.
(2017-05-24, 01:14)infinity85 Wrote: Have you noticed that there is also a reverse engineered spotify client api (open source), which already works quite great for spotify connect:
The original open source development: https://github.com/plietar/librespot
The first works-out-of-the-box service addon for LibreELEC: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/8438-librespot-addon/

Perhaps this would also be something interesting, as it does not require to input user:pass to get a connection. It just works like any Spotify Connect Device in a Wifi Network, hence anybody on a party can connect to it and push songs onto the client without bothering with authentification and so on.

Yes, I'll be using that implementation for playback.
The changes in the webapi were also needed to control spotify players.

If you're just seeking for a Spotify connect add-on to stream music from your phone, you'd better go with the libreElec librespot add-on.
I'm focusing on playback and control of Spotify on Kodi itself
(2017-05-24, 07:32)marcelveldt Wrote: If you're just seeking for a Spotify connect add-on to stream music from your phone, you'd better go with the libreElec librespot add-on.

Maybe a stupid question, but is it possible to use this add-on with a a regular Kodi installation that is not libreelec (e.g. Kodi & Ubuntu) ?
(2017-05-24, 08:12)xbmosx Wrote:
(2017-05-24, 07:32)marcelveldt Wrote: If you're just seeking for a Spotify connect add-on to stream music from your phone, you'd better go with the libreElec librespot add-on.

Maybe a stupid question, but is it possible to use this add-on with a a regular Kodi installation that is not libreelec (e.g. Kodi & Ubuntu) ?
Why don't you just try it and report? Big Grin
(2017-05-24, 10:16)infinity85 Wrote:

Why don't you just try it and report? Big Grin

Yeah, I did in the meanwhile. Probably not a big surprise, but dependencies are not met regarding OS.
Hmm, that's unfortunate, but as you are on a non-libreelec system, you can try to install those dependencies. Libreelec does not allow that, so you'd have a bigger issue if you encountered this on LibreELEC rather than on a Ubuntu system or so.
well, the problem with that is, that the reported missing dependency is libreelec itself.

Yes, that is what I am currently working on. The Spotify playback would than be handled by the Kodi player.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(2017-05-24, 12:00)xbmosx Wrote: well, the problem with that is, that the reported missing dependency is libreelec itself.
Ah okay :/

In this case you could try to use librespot directly (not the addon version): https://github.com/plietar/librespot
The addon-way is only necessary on libreelec because of its restricted system style. The addon itself is working as a service in the background, so it hasn't any interaction or playercontrols etc. in kodi itself. So once you install the original librespot code on your system, it will run in background the same way on any system.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17