• 67(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
(2017-06-15, 00:33)seb937 Wrote: I'm running into the same issue, I have LibreElec 8.0.2 and Spotify 1.1.19.
I can browse my library, but nothing will play. And after I clicked a song, Kodi freezes then crashes then restarts after about 1 min.

Can you try again with 1.1.20 and send me your log again if playback is still failing ?
I updated the addon to 1.1.20, enabled debug mode, rebooted, and then I stuck at the message "No credentials have been set or the login failed.".
I have some special characters in my password, could it be related?

I don't have time now to debug it, here is my log file : https://paste.ubuntu.com/24862667
I'll keep you posted as soon as I manage the login issue.
I updated to 1.1.20 and now the Kodibox stays listed in the devices.
BUT if I use spotify and select to play something on the Kodi device I get no sound. In Kodi it says it's playing the song, but there just is no sound.
Tried it with the app on Android and on laptop, same result.
When I use your app on Kodi and browse to a song and I select it, it plays just fine, but than I don't see it in the Spotify app on my laptop or phone.

It's LibreElec 8.0.2
(2017-06-15, 10:22)katwax Wrote: I updated to 1.1.20 and now the Kodibox stays listed in the devices.
BUT if I use spotify and select to play something on the Kodi device I get no sound. In Kodi it says it's playing the song, but there just is no sound.

If you use Spotify Connect to play a song, the audio is sent directly to alsa by librespot.
In that case Kodi is just outputting silence.

Do you have some sort of custom sound card configuration or something ?
You'll have to set your sound card as the default sound card in the als configuration file.

I will have a look if I can create a configuration setting to pick the sound card.
(2017-06-15, 08:07)jacen05 Wrote: I updated the addon to 1.1.20, enabled debug mode, rebooted, and then I stuck at the message "No credentials have been set or the login failed.".
I have some special characters in my password, could it be related?

I don't have time now to debug it, here is my log file : https://paste.ubuntu.com/24862667
I'll keep you posted as soon as I manage the login issue.

From your log:

INFO:librespot:Confusedession: Connecting to AP "gew1-accesspoint-a-205k.ap.spotify.com:4070"
thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 110, message: "Connection timed out" } }',

This indicates that there was either a connection issue at the time you tried, an authentication issue or a firewall issue.
It could be related to your user account but I'm pretty sure it's now. Incorrect credentials will give you another error.

Are you using a Facebook account to login to Spotify ?
I did not test that scenario yet and it may not be supported. In that case you can login with your "device id" and password which you can generate on the Spotify website under your account settings. That will generate a normal Spotify username and password to us eon devices that don't support the Facebook auth.
(2017-06-15, 11:20)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 10:22)katwax Wrote: I updated to 1.1.20 and now the Kodibox stays listed in the devices.

If you use Spotify Connect to play a song, the audio is sent directly to alsa by librespot.

You'll have to set your sound card as the default sound card in the als configuration file.

I will have a look if I can create a configuration setting to pick the sound card.
When I used LibreELEC and some other plugin for Spotify connect I did not have sound over all my speakers (7.1).
Kodi itself did use all speakers.

I now use Windows as a base (mainly because of Steam / Steamaddon) and I did test your plugin yesterday very shortly and it looked like the connect feature worked but only played on 2 speakers (not even my sub).
(2017-06-15, 11:20)marcelveldt Wrote:

I have no soundcard, I use a usb DAC. In the sound settings it shows ALSA/name of my DAC
(2017-06-15, 11:41)MarcelMAH Wrote: When I used LibreELEC and some other plugin for Spotify connect I did not have sound over all my speakers (7.1).

I now use Windows as a base (mainly because of Steam / Steamaddon) and I did test your plugin yesterday very shortly and it looked like the connect feature worked but only played on 2 speakers (not even my sub).

Offcourse you only get audio on 2 speakers. It's outputted as 2 channel PCM stereo.
Only if you use some post-processing on your sound card or AMP you will get the audio multiplied to other speakers.

In my personal setup I can set my AMP to upmix 2 channel PCM to the Dolby NEO:6 MUSIC profile which sounds great and uses all speakers.

So, look at your amp to fix this issue, not the plugin.
(2017-06-15, 11:48)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 11:41)MarcelMAH Wrote: When I used LibreELEC and some other plugin for Spotify connect I did not have sound over all my speakers (7.1).

Offcourse you only get audio on 2 speakers. It's outputted as 2 channel PCM stereo.
Only if you use some post-processing on your sound card or AMP you will get the audio multiplied to other speakers.

In my personal setup I can set my AMP to upmix 2 channel PCM to the Dolby NEO:6 MUSIC profile which sounds great and uses all speakers.

So, look at your amp to fix this issue, not the plugin.
I have no AMP (it's a Creative GigaWorks S750 set connected directly to my 7.1 (onboard) soundcard).
Windows is set to 7.1 speakers and Kodi to, and I have it set to play on all channels, works great, just not with Connect.
(2017-06-15, 11:47)katwax Wrote: I have no soundcard, I use a usb DAC. In the sound settings it shows ALSA/name of my DAC

OK, I will add a setting which allows you to set the audiodevice.
For now, a simple resolution would be to create an sound.conf file in your libreelec config directory

In there set your DAC as the default sound device.
https://superuser.com/questions/626606/h...omatically

That will make sure that your DAC is used as the default device to output audio. Also useful if you use e.g. a browser in your setup.
(2017-06-15, 11:50)MarcelMAH Wrote: I have no AMP (it's a Creative GigaWorks S750 set connected directly to my 7.1 (onboard) soundcard).
Windows is set to 7.1 speakers and Kodi to, and I have it set to play on all channels, works great, just not with Connect.

Also for stereo sources ? What is upmixing the stereo source to multiple channels in that case ?
Is it some setting on your sound card or are you using a audio DSP plugin in Kodi ?

Simple test: try to play some internet radio in Kodi, is the output stereo or surround ?
(2017-06-15, 11:53)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 11:47)katwax Wrote: I have no soundcard, I use a usb DAC. In the sound settings it shows ALSA/name of my DAC

OK, I will add a setting which allows you to set the audiodevice.
For now, a simple resolution would be to create an sound.conf file in your libreelec config directory

In there set your DAC as the default sound device.
https://superuser.com/questions/626606/h...omatically

That will make sure that your DAC is used as the default device to output audio. Also useful if you use e.g. a browser in your setup.

I created the asound.conf file and put it in the Configfiles directory on the HTPC, but still no sound.
Tried it with the name and also with the card number.

Is the Configfiles directory correct? Also tried /etc, but I get message that it's read only.
(2017-06-15, 14:46)katwax Wrote: I created the asound.conf file and put it in the Configfiles directory on the HTPC, but still no sound.
Tried it with the name and also with the card number.

Is the Configfiles directory correct? Also tried /etc, but I get message that it's read only.

In LibreElec the file is called sound.conf and stored in the .config directory (also visible as samba share).
I know, it's a bit confusing ;-)

If you can't figure it out I can have a look at the code to create a selector for the sound card.
I am running your spotify plugin 1.1.20 straight from your repository.
When Iog in and try to play a song, either if it's in the playlist section or by search... i doesn't play locally.
When I turn on my laptop on the same network and start spotify, it recognizes the laptop and plays the music fine on the laptop through spotify connect.
But playing locally doesn't seem to be possible.
What can I do?
(2017-06-15, 15:23)John01nl Wrote: I am running your spotify plugin 1.1.20 straight from your repository.
When Iog in and try to play a song, either if it's in the playlist section or by search... i doesn't play locally.
When I turn on my laptop on the same network and start spotify, it recognizes the laptop and plays the music fine on the laptop through spotify connect.
But playing locally doesn't seem to be possible.
What can I do?

Provide me your Kodi log file ?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17