• 72(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
FULLY WORKING.

I can control the $hit from my phone - Milkdrop full seizure inducing visualizations are working....

THIS IS DOPE. BEST PLUGIN OF ALL TIME.

EXPECT YOUR BEER MONEY SHORTLY.

EDIT: PAID... Enjoy your beer bro! Wish I could enjoy one with you.
(2017-06-18, 18:12)gammatest Wrote: FULLY WORKING.

I can control the $hit from my phone - Milkdrop full seizure inducing visualizations are working....

Agreed, it's playing now... almost perfect.
Kodi sais what It's playing, visualization working, sound from all 7.1 speakers (!)
Just can't skip IN the song yet and just had the can't play message again when it switched to the next song, pressing play on my phone made it play again.

Getting very close to being perfect! Keep up the good work!
it's a great addon. connect doesn't work for me though, but i see that it's "experimental"

(2017-06-18, 18:12)gammatest Wrote: FULLY WORKING.

did you do anything to get connect to work?

YESS!!!!
found 3 rows in my log:
18:22:21.919 T:1567437728 DEBUG: plugin.audio.spotify --> *** WARNING *** The program 'librespot' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
18:22:21.920 T:1567437728 DEBUG: plugin.audio.spotify --> *** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
18:22:21.920 T:1567437728 DEBUG: plugin.audio.spotify --> *** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=librespot>
so i enabled zeroconf i both kodi service settings and in libreelec service settings and now it works :-)
(2017-06-18, 18:12)gammatest Wrote: EXPECT YOUR BEER MONEY SHORTLY.

Thanks, cheers !
It seems that we're getting somewhere now with the playback. Both local playback and connect controlled playback seems to work almost perfectly fine.
Only in a few occasions I still get the strange lockup and Kodi message that the track couldn't be played. I'm investigating that and looks like I'm hitting some sort of Kodi corner case or something.
(2017-06-18, 18:24)simown Wrote: so i enabled zeroconf i both kodi service settings and in libreelec service settings and now it works :-)

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realise you actually need to have zeroconf enabled in Kodi.
(2017-06-18, 18:14)MarcelMAH Wrote: Agreed, it's playing now... almost perfect.
Kodi sais what It's playing, visualization working, sound from all 7.1 speakers (!)
Just can't skip IN the song yet and just had the can't play message again when it switched to the next song, pressing play on my phone made it play again.

Getting very close to being perfect! Keep up the good work!

1) Skipping is very hard to implement in the current approach. I'm going to save that for a rainy day ;-)
2) Yes, It's still happening every now and than that Kodi doesn't seem to agree with the stream and skips playback. I'm looking into that although I'm not getting anywhere so far.
(2017-06-18, 11:13)eusi Wrote: I have to report 3 (more or less) issues:

Can you please send me a full kodi (debug) logfile ?
Hello, I just installed this addon on spotify, but somehow still gets message that I did not input credentials or they are wrong. But I put them and they are definitely working, just tried them on PC app.
Logs doesnt say anything.
(2017-06-19, 14:11)spotify_problem Wrote: Hello, I just installed this addon on spotify, but somehow still gets message that I did not input credentials or they are wrong. But I put them and they are definitely working, just tried them on PC app.
Logs doesnt say anything.

And stil I need the log... please turn on debug logging, start Kodi, start the addon until it fails and gather the log file.

Thanks!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Such a great work!

I noticed that the spotify connect discovery in WIFI is not implemented, is it? I need to input the login credentials to get it working and controlling from my Android Phone is not possible. In fact the spotify App on my Android phone does not notice that kodi (LibreELEC 8.x on RPi2) is playing something through spotify.

Is a real spotify connect function going to be included?
Marcel. Thanks again for all the effort. Can anyone explain the proper usage for the "Default View for playlists, artist list, and album list" in the settings menu? I like to sort my albums by "Year" under each artist. If I change it for a particular Artist, the change does not reflect through to the other Artists. The setting for "Default View for album list" seems to suggest a possible solution, if I could figure out how to use it!!! Running 1.1.24 on RP3 w/ Libreelec 8.0.2.
(2017-06-19, 14:26)infinity85 Wrote: Is a real spotify connect function going to be included?

There already is, including discovery support. Maybe you need to enable avahi support in Kodi settings --> services.
(2017-06-19, 14:51)mazeeff Wrote: Marcel. Thanks again for all the effort. Can anyone explain the proper usage for the "Default View for playlists, artist list, and album list" in the settings menu? I like to sort my albums by "Year" under each artist. If I change it for a particular Artist, the change does not reflect through to the other Artists. The setting for "Default View for album list" seems to suggest a possible solution, if I could figure out how to use it!!! Running 1.1.24 on RP3 w/ Libreelec 8.0.2.

Kodi by default remembers your sort settings per-folder and not per-type.
The option in settings is there to set a default view for a specific type. There is no such setting for the default sort order.
I'll see if I can easily add another setting for that.
Hello Marcel,

@shanemeagher has cleaned up avahi discovery (https://github.com/plietar/librespot/pull/201).
I hope this pull request will be merged upstream. We could need your support for this.

I have managed to build librespot for all LibreELEC projects (https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/1622), including Raspberry Pi 1/Zero and very likely most LibreELEC community builds. I hope you will be able to use these builds with your addon, eg, use the librespot program provided by LibreELEC in your addon. Please let me know if I can help you with this.

I have asked @michaelherger to modify his pull request (https://github.com/plietar/librespot/pull/181) as a runtime setting, rather than a build option. In the meantime, I have reworked this pull request as a patch to disable audio cache (https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...aeec97c630).

How do you pipe librespot output to Kodi? I would like to add this to service.librespot, and I would appreciate your help for this.

Cheers, @
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17