• 73(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
(2017-06-20, 05:05)awiouy Wrote: ...
I have managed to build librespot for all LibreELEC projects (https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/1622), including Raspberry Pi 1/Zero and very likely most LibreELEC community builds.

Amazing! I'll be glad to give it a try on RPi 1, as the last message I was seeing in the log was that my platform is not (yet) supported Smile
(2017-06-20, 00:16)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-19, 14:26)infinity85 Wrote: Is a real spotify connect function going to be included?

There already is, including discovery support. Maybe you need to enable avahi support in Kodi settings --> services.
Thanks for your fast reply Smile

So you mean the "zeroconf" setting? I cannot find a "avahi" one, but zeroconf should be it, right?
Still no Spotify Connect (kodi)device showing up in my Android Smartphone app.

My steps:
1. Installing your addon on LibreELEC 8
2. Rebooting my Device
3. Opening the Spotify app on my Smartphone to see kodi as a spotify connect device (my AVR shows up, Kodi does not)
--> discovery doesn't work here or I misunderstand the mentioned "discovery" feature. However, with the LibreSpot addon made by @awiouy from LibreELEC forums it works right out of the box. My Smartphone app shows LibreSpot@LibreELEC as a device directly after boot.

(I did not input any credentials in your addon)
Here's the kodi.log (don't wonder about Amlogic stuff... it is an Odroid with 32Bit libs, thus fully compatible with Raspberry pi2/3 addons)
(2017-06-20, 13:01)infinity85 Wrote: (I did not input any credentials in your addon)
Here's the kodi.log (don't wonder about Amlogic stuff... it is an Odroid with 32Bit libs, thus fully compatible with Raspberry pi2/3 addons)

You MUST input credentials in the add-on, even for the discovery...
That account will be considered as the default account for the browsing etc.

It is possible to use the discovery to overrule that default user for the connect player only.
(2017-06-20, 13:04)marcelveldt Wrote: You MUST input credentials in the add-on, even for the discovery...
That account will be considered as the default account for the browsing etc.

It is possible to use the discovery to overrule that default user for the connect player only.
Ah okay! Tried it and it works now Smile Awesome work @marcelveldt!

How come that it needs credentials compared to LibreSpot from LibreELEC developers? Another example: FireTV does also offer discovery without credentials. You simply choose the FTV in the Smartphone App and then the whole account (including browsable playlists etc.) appears on the firetv. Apparently the handshake also transmits the credentials, which also means that the last connected account stays connected even after a shutdown until somebody connects with a different spotify account through the connect discovery feature.

Now some feedback:
1. After a minute or so kodi jumps into a fullscreen playback mode, which shows the track title and timeline/current-playback-progress at the bottom. Here - for some reason - the cover of the currently playing track isn't displayed. (Perhaps skin related issue?)
2. Controlling the playback is very laggy. From smartphone via spotify connect it takes about 3 to 5 seconds to respond to presses like play/pause or seeking/jumpin within the track.
3. Repeat and Shuffle Buttons do not work apparently. Tried to press them in the Smartphone app and they do not get enabled/disabled feedback (turning green/grey)

Besides there things it is simply great to see how finally somebody realized a spotify addon for kodi Smile Thanks very very much for your effort!

EDIT
@awiouy is apparently also using an additional discovery mode with "mdns": https://github.com/plietar/librespot/pull/201
Hi,

Thank you for all the good work. I've been using spotify plugin for quite a while now.
Unfortunately it's not working for last few weeks. Can list all tracks and playlists, but cant play them.

It's Kodi 17.3 on Ubuntu 16.04.02 with latest Spotify plugin 1.1.24.

I've been trying removing plugin, removing all config files, reinstalling, changing playback_device from connect to local (can do it only in config file, clicking in GUI on playback device shows only empty list) but no luck so far.

Here is a full debug log with Connect:
https://pastebin.com/awWRyUQF

And here with local audio device:
https://pastebin.com/XbkWrBjV
How do I add this to my Microsoft version of Kodi?
I can't use this add-on atm on my main box due to its unusual configuration (no python support) but briefly tested from git master on x86 and it's impressive. perhaps I should redo python support in my kodi build sooner than I planned Smile

keep up the good work and have a beer. cheers.
I have installed the repository.marcelveldt-1.0.1.zip repo.
when i go into Music Add Ons it is empty. Spotify is not there.
Skin Helper etc is available.

Running Isengard 15.1 on Kodibuntu.

have removed and installed x3.

Weird?
(2017-06-22, 11:57)downisthenewup Wrote: I have installed the repository.marcelveldt-1.0.1.zip repo.
when i go into Music Add Ons it is empty. Spotify is not there.
Skin Helper etc is available.

Running Isengard 15.1 on Kodibuntu.

have removed and installed x3.

Weird?

Kodi Jarvis or up is required

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
@marcelveldt, should we expect any new releases? I'm asking for RPi 1 support..
(2017-06-22, 20:21)Didko Wrote: @marcelveldt, should we expect any new releases? I'm asking for RPi 1 support..

Yes, I'm almost finished with the new release.
Is there a way to activate the crossfader on the music playback through the spotify add-on?
(2017-06-22, 21:46)enBuurman Wrote: Is there a way to activate the crossfader on the music playback through the spotify add-on?

Yes, but only for local playback, with connect based playback you will get very strange results if crossfading is enabled because the Kodi player does not have knowledge of the playlist, only the currently playing track is known

(2017-06-22, 21:50)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-22, 21:46)enBuurman Wrote: Is there a way to activate the crossfader on the music playback through the spotify add-on?

Yes, but only for local playback, with connect based playback you will get very strange results if crossfading is enabled because the Kodi player does not have knowledge of the playlist, only the currently playing track is known

Thanks for your fast reply. I still wonder how do I enable this? I have crossfading enabled in kodi itself but its not crossfading any songs in the spotify addon. I'm running Kodi Krypton on a raspberry pi 2.
just downloaded and when i try to play a song from my playlist i get playback failed

EDIT
i rebooted a few times then it started working
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17