• 76(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
hello @marcelveldt.firstly thank you for the great work and commitment to this addon.

currently im testing 1.1.29 on a Wetek Play 2.Libreelec rb-krypton13 build by Raybuntu.continous playback is a problem for me too.browsing and everything works nicely but playback is hit and miss.when i select a song it sometimes plays straight away.sometimes a pause for 30 secs and playback failed message.and when i click on it again it plays nicely.sometimes some pause then successfull playback.it's all random.i can send a log if you'd like but i think you already are aware of these problems.

maybe you would consider contacting raybuntu?

https://github.com/Raybuntu/LibreELEC.tv/releases/
(2017-06-25, 11:56)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-25, 05:47)jurialmunkey Wrote: On 1.1.27 browsing now works, but playback doesn't (rolling back to 1.1.24 works).
Can you test again with version 1.1.28 ?
On 1.1.29 playback is working. Though, after the first track I played kodi froze trying to move to the next track and then crashed/exited. Might've been a one off as things appear to be working smoothly after a reboot. I pretty much listen to music all day (work from home), so it will get a good workout today and I'll see if any other issues crop up.

EDIT: Actually scrap that. Getting a lot of skipped tracks and pauses between tracks (played 3 tracks and then rest of album was skipped one by one after a 10 second pause each). 1.1.24 didn't seem to have as much of an issue.
Getting repeats of these errors in the log: https://pastebin.com/raw/J2akZTdF

However, the passthrough audio via spotifyconnect is working well.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-06-26, 03:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: EDIT: Actually scrap that. Getting a lot of skipped tracks and pauses between tracks (played 3 tracks and then rest of album was skipped one by one after a 10 second pause each). 1.1.24 didn't seem to have as much of an issue.
Getting repeats of these errors in the log: https://pastebin.com/raw/J2akZTdF
Hmm, interesting, so my attempt to fix the issue actually made it worse. I will try to contact the Kodi devs maybe someone can give me a clue what is going on. I clearly see deadlocks as if the Kodi GUI thread is shared with python. So, you try to play a track but the web proxy (which is hosted inside the python add-on) is unavailable.

(2017-06-26, 03:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: However, the passthrough audio via spotifyconnect is working well.
I'm not suprised. In that case the audio is pumped to the speakers directly by librespot, bypassing the proxy to kodi.
(2017-06-25, 12:06)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-25, 10:33)eusi Wrote: Since 1.1.24 I am not able to login on Win10 (64bit) with latest Kodi.
"No credentials have been set or the login failed.
Please enter your credentials in the next settings dialog."
I haven't changed anything, so my login data should be correct

Regarding the first issue: I should notice that I am using login via facebook credentials with 2 way authentication. While I usual use PASSWORD+2way-Code on my ODROID, I used an own password on Win32 because facebook sent me an digit-passowrd via sms for spotify app. In the past, both ways work, since ~1.1.24 both logins don't work any longer :-( So the addon does not work at all :-(

I don't think that is going to work with the librespot implementation.
You should probably create a device password... Log in to your spotify account where you can specify a password for devices.
In that case you can login with your spotify ID (which is a number) and that password.

Oh, interesting. Before ~1.1.24 it did work via facebook-login. However, thanks for your solution!
I just needed to go to spotify.com-account and create a device password (via https://www.spotify.com/us/account/send-...-password/ ). With digital username and this password I was able to make your addon work on my Windows 10. This evening I will try on my ODROID aswell.

(2017-06-25, 10:33)eusi Wrote: Another issue: When I close Kodi, I get a error in my log (windows 10 64bit, didnt test it on libreelec etc.).

Fixed in 1.1.29

Ty!

(2017-06-25, 10:33)eusi Wrote: And a 3rd "issue":
Whenever you update your addon, I need to update the cache-files on my ODROID (via Windows trick, because no browser on ODROID). This is not nice, but it is ok. However it is annoying that Kodi tells me every some less minutes that I need to "authorize this app on Spotify". When I hit "ok", the message disappears and appears some less minutes later again... At the end, I need to disable the addon or do the authorisation via windows trick (copy cache files), otherwise it is not possible to enjoy watching a moive with this popups

Hmm, it shouldn't need a browser at all on Odroid.
Can you grab the kodi log from the Odroid device ?

Also, I don't understand what you mean with updating cache files ?
Maybe this issue comes with the fact, that I tried to login via facebook-account and two-way-authentication. So maybe this is obsolete, since I changed to device-name/password. I will check it out at evening as well and provide a debug log file if it fails.

For your question: Once you updated your spotify addon, I had to update the cache-files also (create the cache files via win32 and copy it to the ODROID, because it has no browser to login).
Marcel, is there something else that I can do regarding RPi1 tests?
Haven't used this in a few days: but now I get this error.

I just use an e-mail address / password to log-in: I have no clue what to do to fix this.

I read a post above; however, I cannot follow the work around.

Thanks!
Hi, this addon is amazing, thanks for your work! I have noticed that when I open an album from an artist and I hit C one of the options is Scan item to library; when I select it the album gets added to my library, just as if it was a local one what is nice, but if I try to play those songs from the library it's impossible... is it an issue or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2017-06-27, 19:37)gammatest Wrote: Haven't used this in a few days: but now I get this error.

I just use an e-mail address / password to log-in: I have no clue what to do to fix this.

I read a post above; however, I cannot follow the work around.

Thanks!

Go to https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...io.spotify
and download latest zip file.
Install zip file from Kodi (Settings, Add-ons, Install from zip)
Success. Thanks bro.

Quote:Go to https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...io.spotify
and download latest zip file.
Install zip file from Kodi (Settings, Add-ons, Install from zip)
Hi,

I just installed version 1.1.29 on a raspi 3 osmc.
For me everything works as expected:
- fetching playlists
- browsing data
- playing playlists

only when i first start a track i reproducibly get error. If I start the same track then a second time everything is fine.
Also interesting may be that the error is always raising after more or less 20s ... perhaps that correlates to
http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.x...isttimeout
Playing a playlist seems to work quite fine, perhaps kodi buffers better in this case.
(2017-06-28, 09:47)manfeed Wrote: Hi, this addon is amazing, thanks for your work! I have noticed that when I open an album from an artist and I hit C one of the options is Scan item to library; when I select it the album gets added to my library, just as if it was a local one what is nice, but if I try to play those songs from the library it's impossible... is it an issue or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

What version are you using? I remember this (potentially awesome) function was in a quite old version of this addon, i had the same issues like you. It was removed at some point though.
(2017-06-29, 18:11)DarkHelmet Wrote:
(2017-06-28, 09:47)manfeed Wrote: Hi, this addon is amazing, thanks for your work! I have noticed that when I open an album from an artist and I hit C one of the options is Scan item to library; when I select it the album gets added to my library, just as if it was a local one what is nice, but if I try to play those songs from the library it's impossible... is it an issue or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

What version are you using? I remember this (potentially awesome) function was in a quite old version of this addon, i had the same issues like you. It was removed at some point though.

I still have it in a kodi fresh installed with 1.1.29 version of the addon...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Using the plugin on kodi on libreelec i get an error that says control not avaliable or something..
(2017-06-26, 22:03)Didko Wrote: Marcel, is there something else that I can do regarding RPi1 tests?

Well, no not atm because I have to do some more research why it isn't working.

Actually it's Kodi itself that is showing that entry in the context menu but apparently it doesn't accept the http location to be added to the local library. It's a shame because it would have been cool if the Spotify library was synced up to the Kodi library.
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17