Beta - Spotify for Kodi

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
gazzauk71 Offline
(2017-06-25 19:21)marcelveldt Wrote:  
(2017-06-25 19:07)gazzauk71 Wrote:  Iv'e updated to 1.1.29 and addon is working using Libreelec on Arm S905x, however the track playback takes a while to start, and the addon has crashed quite a few times out of Kodi, so continuous play seems limited. I'll see if I can reproduce again with some logs.

Yes, I'm familiar with this issue. I'm afraid I'm hitting a Kodi limit/bug here...
This is a deadlock situation where the python thread serving the audio is blocked by the Kodi GUI.
So, you try to play a track from the Kodi interface and the track never reaches the webproxy because of the deadlock.

The old libspotify implementation had this same issue but it wasn't happening that often but now with the librespot binary providing the audio, the issue seems to be worse than ever. I will try if I can contact one of the Kodi devs about this.

BTW: Kodi doesn't crash if this happens. Once you hit the deadlock situation where the GUI freezes stay away from all controls and after a while you'll see the "playback failed" message.

Thanks Marcel, yes it happens quite regular now on any playlist from the Spotify Addon. Yes, Spotify addon crashes and evaporates, Kodi carries on running.Think for now I'll revert to the older version using libspotify. Keep up the grand work, Thanks for responding on a Sunday. I'll continue to monitor the thread.
find quote
Didko Offline
(2017-06-25 19:07)marcelveldt Wrote:  Assuming you run libreelec:

navigate to /storage/.kodi/addon/plugin.sudio.spotify/resources/lib/librespot/linux_pi/

Now try to start the librespot binary with this command: ./librespot

Please let me know the output of that.
Also please tell me the output of this command:

ldd librespot

Code:
LibreELEC:~/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/librespot/linux_pi # pwd
/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/librespot/linux_pi
LibreELEC:~/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/librespot/linux_pi #
LibreELEC:~/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/librespot/linux_pi # ldd librespot
        /usr/lib/libarmmem.so (0x76f9a000)
        libasound.so.2 => /usr/lib/libasound.so.2 (0x76ef7000)
        libc.so.6 => /usr/lib/libc.so.6 (0x76dbf000)
        ld-linux.so.3 => /usr/lib/ld-linux.so.3 (0x76d8e000)
        libdl.so.2 => /usr/lib/libdl.so.2 (0x76d7b000)
        librt.so.1 => /usr/lib/librt.so.1 (0x76d64000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x76d3b000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x76d0f000)
        libm.so.6 => /usr/lib/libm.so.6 (0x76c91000)
        /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0x76faf000)
LibreELEC:~/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/librespot/linux_pi # ./librespot
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Edit: @marcelveldt, if you want, I can give you SSH access to mine.

Edit2: It looks like there are core dumps in /storage/.cache/cores. Do you need some?
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-25 21:29 by Didko.)
find quote
unacceptable Offline
hello @marcelveldt.firstly thank you for the great work and commitment to this addon.

currently im testing 1.1.29 on a Wetek Play 2.Libreelec rb-krypton13 build by Raybuntu.continous playback is a problem for me too.browsing and everything works nicely but playback is hit and miss.when i select a song it sometimes plays straight away.sometimes a pause for 30 secs and playback failed message.and when i click on it again it plays nicely.sometimes some pause then successfull playback.it's all random.i can send a log if you'd like but i think you already are aware of these problems.

maybe you would consider contacting raybuntu?

https://github.com/Raybuntu/LibreELEC.tv/releases/
find quote
jurialmunkey Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2017-06-25 11:56)marcelveldt Wrote:  
(2017-06-25 05:47)jurialmunkey Wrote:  On 1.1.27 browsing now works, but playback doesn't (rolling back to 1.1.24 works).
Can you test again with version 1.1.28 ?
On 1.1.29 playback is working. Though, after the first track I played kodi froze trying to move to the next track and then crashed/exited. Might've been a one off as things appear to be working smoothly after a reboot. I pretty much listen to music all day (work from home), so it will get a good workout today and I'll see if any other issues crop up.

EDIT: Actually scrap that. Getting a lot of skipped tracks and pauses between tracks (played 3 tracks and then rest of album was skipped one by one after a 10 second pause each). 1.1.24 didn't seem to have as much of an issue.
Getting repeats of these errors in the log: https://pastebin.com/raw/J2akZTdF

However, the passthrough audio via spotifyconnect is working well.
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-26 04:10 by jurialmunkey.)
find quote
marcelveldt Online
Skilled Skinner
(2017-06-26 03:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:  EDIT: Actually scrap that. Getting a lot of skipped tracks and pauses between tracks (played 3 tracks and then rest of album was skipped one by one after a 10 second pause each). 1.1.24 didn't seem to have as much of an issue.
Getting repeats of these errors in the log: https://pastebin.com/raw/J2akZTdF
Hmm, interesting, so my attempt to fix the issue actually made it worse. I will try to contact the Kodi devs maybe someone can give me a clue what is going on. I clearly see deadlocks as if the Kodi GUI thread is shared with python. So, you try to play a track but the web proxy (which is hosted inside the python add-on) is unavailable.

(2017-06-26 03:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:  However, the passthrough audio via spotifyconnect is working well.
I'm not suprised. In that case the audio is pumped to the speakers directly by librespot, bypassing the proxy to kodi.
find quote
eusi Offline
(2017-06-25 12:06)marcelveldt Wrote:  
(2017-06-25 10:33)eusi Wrote:  Since 1.1.24 I am not able to login on Win10 (64bit) with latest Kodi.
"No credentials have been set or the login failed.
Please enter your credentials in the next settings dialog."
I haven't changed anything, so my login data should be correct

Regarding the first issue: I should notice that I am using login via facebook credentials with 2 way authentication. While I usual use PASSWORD+2way-Code on my ODROID, I used an own password on Win32 because facebook sent me an digit-passowrd via sms for spotify app. In the past, both ways work, since ~1.1.24 both logins don't work any longer :-( So the addon does not work at all :-(

I don't think that is going to work with the librespot implementation.
You should probably create a device password... Log in to your spotify account where you can specify a password for devices.
In that case you can login with your spotify ID (which is a number) and that password.

Oh, interesting. Before ~1.1.24 it did work via facebook-login. However, thanks for your solution!
I just needed to go to spotify.com-account and create a device password (via https://www.spotify.com/us/account/send-...-password/ ). With digital username and this password I was able to make your addon work on my Windows 10. This evening I will try on my ODROID aswell.

(2017-06-25 10:33)eusi Wrote:  Another issue: When I close Kodi, I get a error in my log (windows 10 64bit, didnt test it on libreelec etc.).

Fixed in 1.1.29

Ty!

(2017-06-25 10:33)eusi Wrote:  And a 3rd "issue":
Whenever you update your addon, I need to update the cache-files on my ODROID (via Windows trick, because no browser on ODROID). This is not nice, but it is ok. However it is annoying that Kodi tells me every some less minutes that I need to "authorize this app on Spotify". When I hit "ok", the message disappears and appears some less minutes later again... At the end, I need to disable the addon or do the authorisation via windows trick (copy cache files), otherwise it is not possible to enjoy watching a moive with this popups

Hmm, it shouldn't need a browser at all on Odroid.
Can you grab the kodi log from the Odroid device ?

Also, I don't understand what you mean with updating cache files ?
Maybe this issue comes with the fact, that I tried to login via facebook-account and two-way-authentication. So maybe this is obsolete, since I changed to device-name/password. I will check it out at evening as well and provide a debug log file if it fails.

For your question: Once you updated your spotify addon, I had to update the cache-files also (create the cache files via win32 and copy it to the ODROID, because it has no browser to login).
find quote
Didko Offline
Marcel, is there something else that I can do regarding RPi1 tests?
find quote
gammatest Offline
Haven't used this in a few days: but now I get this error.

"No credentials have been set or the login failed.
Please enter your credentials in the next settings dialog."

I just use an e-mail address / password to log-in: I have no clue what to do to fix this.

I read a post above; however, I cannot follow the work around.

Thanks!
find quote