• 78(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
Any suggestions what I am doing wrong? I have nvidia shield and using spmc 17. Have logged in successfully. When I try to start a song nothing happens. I have tried changing settings to use kodi as playback. I have tried turning on Spotify connect to the shield, which does sometimes give a quick second or two of sound from the start of the song. Is there anything I am doing wrong in the setup?
I also have to thank for the great work. But one thing i notice is that while waiting for "nexttrack" my Kodi system seems to freeze. Any other actions within kodi ends with freeze.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
The spotify add-on is amazing. It is in fact my most used add-on and is for me what makes kodi what it is. I fortunately, since update to kodi 17, have not been able to use it at all. I'm not sure if its something that I am doing wrong but no tracks play at all and on selection causes a temporary hang. I am using the most up to date version (.30?) From your beta repo. Any suggestions?

I read that kodi is looking for add-on developers to join their official repo. This would get my vote as when it works I love this add-on. Before kodi 17 it was flawless.

Looking forward to having it back, thanks for the excellent work.
(2017-07-05, 20:42)Asaw1983 Wrote: The spotify add-on is amazing. It is in fact my most used add-on and is for me what makes kodi what it is. I fortunately, since update to kodi 17, have not been able to use it at all. I'm not sure if its something that I am doing wrong but no tracks play at all and on selection causes a temporary hang. I am using the most up to date version (.30?) From your beta repo. Any suggestions?

I read that kodi is looking for add-on developers to join their official repo. This would get my vote as when it works I love this add-on. Before kodi 17 it was flawless.

Looking forward to having it back, thanks for the excellent work.

Here is how you can help the development of this addon and get helped too:

If you have an issue, please report as much details as you can;
- Hardware
- OS
- Kodi version
- Addon version
- If possible: a kodi log grabbed after discovering an issue
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
Hello Marcel,

perhaps you could help me with the following problem within Spotify:

19:14:45.648 T:1937765360 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(activatewindow(10502,"plugin) in activatewindow(10502,"plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=browse_playlists&ownerid=xxxxx",return).tbn
19:14:49.822 T:1709175792 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting
19:15:17.063 T:1725953008 ERROR: Previous line repeats 3 times.
19:15:17.063 T:1725953008 NOTICE: plugin.audio.spotify --> playback stopped

- Hardware: RaspberryPi 2
- Addon version: 1.0.30

The result is, that i can open spotify choose my plalist and when i want to start a title the screen shows, that a totally different title starts but without any real (music) signal output and when i try to choose another title again the same different title seems to be started but again without any result.

Thanks for your help
hey Marcel!

Getting the old "failed to play" message again. I'm using LibreELEC KODI 17 on a RasPi with the Spotify addon version 1.1.30.

here is the log file from when the error happens: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25037510/

Hope this is more helpful than annoying...
Raitsa, sorry, you're absolutely right. I assumed this was a well documented issue do do with kodi 17 and just wanted to post the compliment but if its any help then I'm happy to provide more info.

Hardware :
- AMD FX 6100 SIX CORE PROCESSOR
- 8GB RAM
- GEFORCE GT 610 GPU

- Libreelec version 8.0.2

Kodi version :
- 17.3 (may 25th 2017)

Add-on version :
- Spotify 1.1.30 marcelveldt beta repo 1.0.1

And I can look at uploading a log file when I have a little more time if its helpful.

Thank you for your support.
(2017-07-05, 08:57)ryadre Wrote: When I try to start a song nothing happens.

I have the same problem. I can login, I see songs and playlists, but no sound when trying to play... Occasionally I see the player info in the top right corner showing another song I tried to play prior. The old song info shows even after reboot.

Hardware: Mac Mini
Kodi version: 17.3 5/24/2017
Addon version: 1.1.30
I was having the same problem and fixed it by enabling System -> Services -> UpNP/DLNA -> Look for remote UpNP Players.
Guy
(2017-07-08, 12:57)surfmike Wrote:
(2017-07-05, 08:57)ryadre Wrote: When I try to start a song nothing happens.

I have the same problem. I can login, I see songs and playlists, but no sound when trying to play... Occasionally I see the player info in the top right corner showing another song I tried to play prior. The old song info shows even after reboot.

Hardware: Mac Mini
Kodi version: 17.3 5/24/2017
Addon version: 1.1.30

If we read a few pages back it seems he is aware of the issue but doesn't have a fix yet
I too am running Kodi Krypton and get no playback. Just chiming in to follow the thread.
Btw, for those with playback problems, the old version that runs on libspotify still works for the time being. Spotify is going to disable the libspotify api sometime this year, that is why marcelveldt has been working on this new version that uses librespot. But in the meantime, it still works pretty well. I'm currently using it until the issues in 1.1.30 are fixed. I keep a zip file of it on hand and then I test out the new versions and if I have problems I report them in this thread and then roll back to the old version so that I still have something that works.
I use the version supplied by eddiewould which added radio support from this post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2573352
Link to zip: https://github.com/flakey-bit/plugin.aud.../radio.zip

Of the new version using librespot, I've had much more success on LibreElec using version 1.1.24
https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...1.1.24.zip
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(KODI Krypton, on a RasPi 3, Spotify addon ver 1.1.30)
It looks like it was the screensaver for me! Still testing but I was getting what appeared to be random failures to play (my previous post), but I noticed they always happen when a song switches but not when I select one and play it manually. Then I realized that every time it happened, it was while the screen was dimmed for the screen saver-mode. Disabling screen saver completely has let the last 6 songs play without failures. Hope this helped someone!!
(2017-07-09, 04:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: Btw, for those with playback problems, the old version that runs on libspotify still works for the time being. Spotify is going to disable the libspotify api sometime this year, that is why marcelveldt has been working on this new version that uses librespot. But in the meantime, it still works pretty well. I'm currently using it until the issues in 1.1.30 are fixed. I keep a zip file of it on hand and then I test out the new versions and if I have problems I report them in this thread and then roll back to the old version so that I still have something that works.
I use the version supplied by eddiewould which added radio support from this post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2573352
Link to zip: https://github.com/flakey-bit/plugin.aud.../radio.zip

Of the new version using librespot, I've had much more success on LibreElec using version 1.1.24
https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...1.1.24.zip

Tried this thanks. Problem is the song will play a 30 second random part of the song then goes to the net song. Also an error comes up about log in.
(2017-07-05, 08:57)ryadre Wrote: Any suggestions what I am doing wrong? I have nvidia shield and using spmc 17. Have logged in successfully. When I try to start a song nothing happens. I have tried changing settings to use kodi as playback. I have tried turning on Spotify connect to the shield, which does sometimes give a quick second or two of sound from the start of the song. Is there anything I am doing wrong in the setup?

I'm working on that. If the shield itself is outputting the audio with the spotify app, it blocks the sound card in android for kodi.
I'll try to create some fake OSD screen for that scenario so you can still control the playback in Kodi but the playback is handled by the Connect player.
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17