• 98(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
I have tried installing Spotify for Kodi on Ubuntu 17.04, and have had problems.

The add-on I can install, and see the repository, but when I look for the music add-ons, it is blank.

I checked in the xml file that is associated with the repository, and the information for the Spotify add-on is present, but it is not shown in the list of music add-ons. I think some of the other - but not all - the other add-ons in the repository are shown.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your help.
(2017-12-21, 14:47)mverstra Wrote: Hi,

I'm trying to install this plugin, but it seems to be incompatible. I downloaded the zip file from the git repository. I selected 'install from zip file'.
Once that was done I selected install from repository. I tried selecting the addon, but it says 'Add-on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository'.

Are there specific dependencies that I need to install first? I'm running this on a raspberry pi (Raspbian Jessy) and I don't have any other add-ons installed at the moment.

I took some logs from the moment I selected 'install from zip file'. Because after that nothing interessting appears in the log:

<log removed - mod>

Thanks.
Did you manage to solve it bec I have the same issue..
I'm getting an installation failed error when installing via:

Marcelveldt repo
Kodi Emby Beta repo
Direct via github zip file.

https://pastebin.com/uFW2We5m

Also, my friend is able to install the app. He then fills in his credentials. He starts the app and gets the authorization window in his browser. He logs in, gets the "all is good, you can close this window now" page. But no .cache file is created. Any ideas?
Hi,

I've been having a hell of a time with bad user/password errors on Windows 10 with the spotify addon v1.1.46 and kodi 17.6, I've actually narrowed down the cause of the problem but I'm not familiar enough with Kodi Addon API to come up with a proper fix as of yet.  It seems its related to the function that is copying the password from the actual GUI Dialog and it ends up corrupting the password.

For example with the password Z0x3lbl0k3!
self.addon.getSetting("password").decode("utf-8")  will return Z xdlbl kd! also tried without decode() but same result.

However doing this:
password = self.addon.setSetting("password", "Z0x3lbl0k3!") and getSetting() returns the correct password

So statically setting the password in the source seems to workaround the issue and I'm able to login, hopefully someone more familiar with the API might know what the cause is.  Removing any numbers from a password would likely work around the issue as well, haven't tested whether the email field is affected by it.
Hi Guys,

Reporting issues
- Hardware: Raspberry PI 2
- Kodi version : Leila V18
- Addon version: 1.1.46? took it from repository so the newest Smile
- If possible: no log

Cannot get logged in. I suppose I have the same issue as darkfires.
Not really a debugger, but you can give me some commands to try out Smile.
Really like what you are doing here though!
(2017-12-30, 22:27)Loewkie Wrote: I'm getting an installation failed error when installing via:

Marcelveldt repo
Kodi Emby Beta repo
Direct via github zip file.

https://pastebin.com/uFW2We5m

Also, my friend is able to install the app. He then fills in his credentials. He starts the app and gets the authorization window in his browser. He logs in, gets the "all is good, you can close this window now" page. But no .cache file is created. Any ideas?
These issues have been solved.
Hi!
I have tried again today to install Spotify on my system, and the problem I experience is that having installed the repository, I can see items under skins, and I think one other category, and I can see that the repo is enabled.
However, there are no entries under Music add ons, or Video add ons, and nowhere can I see a Spotify addon. Yet in the xml file, I see that there should be a Spotify addon.
I am mystified!
I am using a desktop PC with the following spec:-
RAM: 16GB RAM
Processor: AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G x 4
Graphics: Gallium 0.4 on AMD KAVERI (DRM 2.43.0 / 4.4.0-103201712162024-generic, LLVM 4.0.0)
Kodi: 15.2
Repository: repository.marcelveldt-1.0.1.zip

Many thanks for your help.
Addon installed fine to my android box running libreelec 8.2.2.2 but when i skip tracks using my phone(spotify connect), it can take something like 10 seconds or more to make the track change.
Also if i start watching a video file the time on spotify keeps on going(using phone as spotify remote) and when i stop watching the video, the time just keeps on going but no sound is coming from speakers.
After i change the track from my phone, the sound comes back after a while.

Any tips? Smile
Great work anyway, if i just could resolve these little problems it would be awesome Smile
Why not try ****? It is capable of solving all your playback problems of Spotify.

Edit [PatK] Please don't post messages that would infringe [[Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons]]
I use my Facebook login normally to login to the Spotify app on Android, but can't figure out a way to do that with this add-on. I entered my Facebook username and password as the credentials in the add-on but they don't work and I'm not redirected to a Facebook login. Does anyone know how to login with a Facebook account in this Spotify add-on?
(2018-01-12, 06:42)anonmaster Wrote: I use my Facebook login normally to login to the Spotify app on Android, but can't figure out a way to do that with this add-on. I entered my Facebook username and password as the credentials in the add-on but they don't work and I'm not redirected to a Facebook login. Does anyone know how to login with a Facebook account in this Spotify add-on?
 Here are some instructions…
(2018-01-16, 19:23)pallisvans Wrote:
(2018-01-12, 06:42)anonmaster Wrote: I use my Facebook login normally to login to the Spotify app on Android, but can't figure out a way to do that with this add-on. I entered my Facebook username and password as the credentials in the add-on but they don't work and I'm not redirected to a Facebook login. Does anyone know how to login with a Facebook account in this Spotify add-on?
This does not work
(2018-01-18, 04:48)anonmaster Wrote:
(2018-01-16, 19:23)pallisvans Wrote:
This does not work 
 Nor does it work for my account. I have a '_' in my FB password and I registered a device password lately: https://www.spotify.com/dk/account/set-device-password/ Both pw do not work. Any suggestions?
I'm assuming this will work on a Raspberry Pi 3 running OSMC, since that is based off Raspbian. Is this correct?

EDIT: It does. Also on a B+ it seems too, despite what the original post says.
Could you perhaps make Connect work without the login requirement? Raspotify is also based on LibreSpot, only works with premium and does not have any login requirement.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17