• 104(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
Hi,

Tried to install this on Kodi 17.6. All seemed well and I did see my playlists...so far so good.
Then I went looking for the Discover playlist on which I saw the new album of Disturbed on another device. Then things went south. I wasn't able to find that album. So, I thought I'd better first try to get something to play. But songs weren't actually playing.

Now after restarting, I repeatedly get the message that I need to either connect to the device using the Spotify app on my phone or enter the Spotify credentials in the settings. And I did enter my credentials and they were right, because I did see my personal playlists.

Any assistance?

Thanks!
Rudi
I have been having the same problems with not connecting, I am new to Kodi and have Spotify, I have tried everything I could would love some help I am using marcelveldt - 1.1.58 on Kodi 17.6
Message is PLEASE CONNECT TO THIS DIVICE WITH THE SPOTIFY APP ON YOUR PHONE TO LOGIN OR ENTER OUR CREDENTIALS IN THE SETTINGS DIALOG.

If anyone could help !!!!Please!!!!
I am running this add-on on two of my Kodi boxes:
1) Kodi 17.6 on an Intel NUC with Ubuntu 16.04
2) Libreelec 8.0.2 on a RPi 3

The Spotify add-on works perfectly on 1), but on 2) I am asked to authorize the app in the "default browser", which obviously doesn't open in Libreelec. Clicking the OK button in the mentioned dialogue just leaves me with a "spinning wheel".

Is there a way to authorize the Spotify add-on outside of Libreelec? There is no reference in my Spotify account about any request from Libreelec or anything else.

Thanks!
In my case I also have a different Kodi installation (one from the Windows Store and another one directly from Kodi). Installed the add on in Kodi 18 beta 3 as well and there it seems to be working better. Still I miss a lot of the playlists (daily playlist, weekly discover etc) that I do have in my actual Spotify environment. In the end perhaps it is better to just have the Spotify client open automatically and start playlists on that computer from my mobile phone.

Too bad... could have been nice. If you want to use Kodi as an actual central media player that incorporates everything it would be nice if some companies would cooperate a little bit better. I am still hoping that in the long run I only need to open Kodi and I can do everything from there.
(2018-10-21, 14:17)tomoqv Wrote: I am running this add-on on two of my Kodi boxes:

The Spotify add-on works perfectly on 1), but on 2) I am asked to authorize the app in the "default browser", which obviously doesn't open in Libreelec. Clicking the OK button in the mentioned dialogue just leaves me with a "spinning wheel".

Is there a way to authorize the Spotify add-on outside of Libreelec? There is no reference in my Spotify account about any request from Libreelec or anything else.

Thanks!
 I'm having a similar issue. The addon was working a month ago, and I just updated the Spotify Addon, but now it wants me to reauthorize the app with the default browser, that never comes up. What is the fix for this?
(2018-10-29, 20:32)compressor5 Wrote:
(2018-10-21, 14:17)tomoqv Wrote: I am running this add-on on two of my Kodi boxes:

Thanks!
 I'm having a similar issue. The addon was working a month ago, and I just updated the Spotify Addon, but now it wants me to reauthorize the app with the default browser, that never comes up. What is the fix for this? 
Try uninstalling and reinstalling app, verify in settings that your credentials for Spotify Premium are correct. That worked for me.
Hi, I tried to listen music over Spotify on my Kodi.
I installed the addon , configured it as a single user and everything was okay.
Then I changed configuration to multi-user and this went terribly wrong.
After that the Kodi crashed everytime I started the addon. I reconfigured back to single user, it still crashed.
I deinstalled the addon, reinstalled the addon, same behavior.
I deinstalled the addon, removed the /storage/.kodi/userdata/plugin.audio.spottyfy folder manualy and reinstalled the addon. The same behavior.
When I write crashed I mean, that I see the waitung circle on my tv and I can't make anything. I have to power down and restart the pi. In sometimes
the pi restarted itself after a few minutes.
I tried to look  if the connect port (4070) is listing to the network. But a netstat -an|grep 4070 shows nothing. In the logfile is no error about Spotify.
The addon is the newest version. Kodiversion is Krypton.
Anybody an idea?

Best regards,
Ingo
Hello,

What streaming quality is used by this addon?
The desktop app has two settings (normal and high) which is 160/320kbps as far as I know.
Does this affect the mod as well? If not, what is the bitrate in use?

Thanks,
Daniel
Hello,

Should I post this someplace else, maybe? Suggestions?

Daniel
(2018-12-18, 23:01)nddani Wrote: Hello,

Should I post this someplace else, maybe? Suggestions?

Daniel
 If nothing has changed it's still on 320 kbits/s.
(2016-06-04, 23:23)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-29, 15:55)icebaer Wrote: which bitrate will be used for streaming?
Is it possible to change bitrates?

The bitrate is set to highest posible --> 320 kbits/s
Not yet possible to select the bitrate, if needed/wanted I can add it to the settings   
Thank you.
Is it possible for this add-on to support Radio Stations?  Searched this thread and issues list on github and didn't see this topic.  I notice in context menu for a song you can select "Play Song Radio", but this isn't quite it.  I am looking for a "Stations" folder/group that lists my stations like I have in the Spotify android app.  Similar to how this add-on shows Playlists, Albums, Songs, Artists, could it also show Stations?

Thanks!
i have problems with this plugin on kodi 18 , my username & password is correctly entered into the settings, but when i start it, i get :
"Please connect this device with the Spotify app on your phone to login or enter your credentials in the settings dialog"

What can i do to correct this?

Br
Pg
(2018-10-29, 20:46)compressor5 Wrote:
(2018-10-29, 20:32)compressor5 Wrote:

Thanks!
Try uninstalling and reinstalling app, verify in settings that your credentials for Spotify Premium are correct. That worked for me. 
Thank you! , uninstalling and choosing to delete all settings, installing again, and re-entering my login details fixed it!

Br
Patric
When starting the Spotify addon there comes an error message saying to have a look at the Kodi log. The addon was working perfectly until a recent upgrade of Raspbian.

My Konfiuration:
Raspberyy PI 3B
Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) (kernel: Linux 4.9.35-v7+)
Kodi 17.3 Git:20170525-178906-dirty, Kompiliert May 25 2017
Spotify Version 1.1.58

Abstract from log:=10.5pt12:12:09.448 T:1393554352   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
                                            Error Contents: unexpected EOF while parsing (<string>, line 0)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/service.py", line 14, in <module>
                                                MainService()
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/main_service.py", line 60, in __init__
                                                self.renew_token()
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/main_service.py", line 167, in renew_token
                                                username = self.get_username()
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/main_service.py", line 134, in get_username
                                                username = self.spotty.get_username()
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/lib/utils.py", line 522, in get_username
                                                data = eval(data)
                                              File "<string>", line 0

^
                                            SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Advice is appreciated.
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17