• 106(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
(2019-05-06, 22:44)robgolbh Wrote: Hello!
I wonder how I should do it. The following message appears:

"Please connect to this device with the spotify app on your phone to login or enter your credentialsnin settings dialog."

thanks!!

Raspberry pi 3
Openelec + Kodi 17.3
Just enter the account details in the addon configuration. That is enough.
(2017-06-06, 14:23)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 13:09)borgybz Wrote: As you asked me I already posted the log in previous page. Now trying several times I realized that sometimes the playback starts, but the streaming is very bad and slow and playback keeps stopping and I hear cracking sounds! I believe to think that the problem is about the port used by this type of connection. Can you explain me what type of connection does the addon use to connect to Spotify servers? Maybe could be blocked by my isp? I connect through a Vodafone Wi-Fi hotspot with captive portal login... ( I made a script to auto connect that runs every five minutes..)

Well, there's the answer... At this time I did not implement any cache or buffer of any kind. The audio is just streamed directly in PCM format from libreelec, which receives the stream in realtime as ogg vorbis from Spotify's servers. So, on slow or bad internet connections this will not perform well.

The previous version had caching to disk enabled by default This will solve the issue you describe but this is a drama for users running the addon on a pi because it will wear out the SD card. For that reason, and because I made the assumption that nowadays everyone has a very fast connection, I disabled the whole caching part.

What I will do is implement a toggle option in the addon settings to enable caching to disk.
Once that's done, I will give you a headsup to test again. Hopefully later today already as it shouldn't be too much work.     

Sorry to come back to this old post.
But I've been struggling with same issue for years. And it is still there. From time to time (5...8 times an hour) playback stops and after some time next song starts.
I'm pretty sure this is related to very unstable and slow internet connection and (missing?) buffering. I use version 1.1.58 on kodi 18.0 on Win 10 PC (64 bit).
I use VC 2017.
Is there any way to modify or enable the caching to disk as mentioned in post above?

Thanks a  lot!
Moppi1988
Kodi 19.1 under Win10 PC (64 bit)
(2019-05-16, 15:47)moppi1988 Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 14:23)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 13:09)borgybz Wrote: As you asked me I already posted the log in previous page. Now trying several times I realized that sometimes the playback starts, but the streaming is very bad and slow and playback keeps stopping and I hear cracking sounds! I believe to think that the problem is about the port used by this type of connection. Can you explain me what type of connection does the addon use to connect to Spotify servers? Maybe could be blocked by my isp? I connect through a Vodafone Wi-Fi hotspot with captive portal login... ( I made a script to auto connect that runs every five minutes..)

Well, there's the answer... At this time I did not implement any cache or buffer of any kind. The audio is just streamed directly in PCM format from libreelec, which receives the stream in realtime as ogg vorbis from Spotify's servers. So, on slow or bad internet connections this will not perform well.

The previous version had caching to disk enabled by default This will solve the issue you describe but this is a drama for users running the addon on a pi because it will wear out the SD card. For that reason, and because I made the assumption that nowadays everyone has a very fast connection, I disabled the whole caching part.

What I will do is implement a toggle option in the addon settings to enable caching to disk.
Once that's done, I will give you a headsup to test again. Hopefully later today already as it shouldn't be too much work.       

Sorry to come back to this old post.
But I've been struggling with same issue for years. And it is still there. From time to time (5...8 times an hour) playback stops and after some time next song starts.
I'm pretty sure this is related to very unstable and slow internet connection and (missing?) buffering. I use version 1.1.58 on kodi 18.0 on Win 10 PC (64 bit).
I use VC 2017.
Is there any way to modify or enable the caching to disk as mentioned in post above?

Thanks a  lot!  
I found my answer myself. I checked the addon-code and found a way to modify the code in a way caching is enabled now.
In most cases the addon works now without any interruption. Only during playing of long songs (>7...8 min) sometimes I run in interruption again.
For those who want to try out:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\utils.py

def run_spotty(self, arguments=None, use_creds=False, disable_discovery=True):
        '''On supported platforms we include spotty binary'''
        try:
            args = [
                self.__spotty_binary,
                "-c", self.__cache_path,
                "-b", "320",
                "--enable-audio-cache"
            ]
            if use_creds:
                # use username/password login for spotty
                addon = xbmcaddon.Addon(id=ADDON_ID)
                username = addon.getSetting("username").decode("utf-8")
                password = addon.getSetting("password").decode("utf-8")
                del addon
Moppi1988
With newest Windows 1903 i get again no sound when playing a song. Tried with v18.3 and v19 alpha with no success.
Has anybody same the issue?
Edit: May it have something to do with the connect_id. What exact have i do to set for local playing? IP 192.168.178.x or 127.0.0.1? Both doesn' t works.
Log
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2019-05-27, 18:22)tehax Wrote: With newest Windows 1903 i get again no sound when playing a song. Tried with v18.3 and v19 alpha with no success.
Has anybody same the issue?
Edit: May it have something to do with the connect_id. What exact have i do to set for local playing? IP 192.168.178.x or 127.0.0.1? Both doesn' t works.
Log

I just upgraded to Win 1903 as well but everythings works fine for me. I also upgraded Kodi from 18.0 to 18.2 and this addon is still working fine.
I'm not sure what you mean with connect_id? I've never saw a need to define this variable and I even don't know where....
I enabled the debug logfile and started Spotify but cannot find any connect_id entry . Seems I have a lack of knowledge here....
Moppi1988
Conect_id is shown in log. Is means the playing device. So when i play a song visualization starts, PCM symbol will be shown but i cant hear no sound. Very frustrating. Playing music from my library on server works very well.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
Hey!
Whenever I log in using the Spotify login browser frontend, i get a "unable to connect" to my localhost-uri redirect.
I'm using ubuntu 18.04, firefox and the latest kodi.
(2019-05-28, 18:43)tehax Wrote: Conect_id is shown in log. Is means the playing device. So when i play a song visualization starts, PCM symbol will be shown but i cant hear no sound. Very frustrating. Playing music from my library on server works very well.
Not sure this has something to do with following:
Recently, after a Win OS update, some add-ons (e.g. Spotify) and other client/server tools on my PC (DVB Viewer Pro) did not work anymore. I found out this was related to Windows Firewall settings.
For whatever reason the connection was blocked by this Windows Defender Firewall tool. So I removed all related rules (i.e., spotty.exe, DVBviewer, KODI, ...) from the list of Defender Firewall incoming rules.
Next time I started Kodi a window popped up and asked for connection permission. I granted it and from now on everything was fine.
May be worth a trial...
Moppi1988
Thanks for the tip. I also tried this incl. complete deaktivating the firewall, but nothing works.
(2019-05-14, 09:14)6i6i_ Wrote:
(2019-05-06, 22:44)robgolbh Wrote: Hello!
I wonder how I should do it. The following message appears:

"Please connect to this device with the spotify app on your phone to login or enter your credentialsnin settings dialog."

thanks!!

Raspberry pi 3
Openelec + Kodi 17.3
Just enter the account details in the addon configuration. That is enough.

That's not enough in my case since I entered my account data long ago and I still get this message on every KODI start!
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
(2019-04-10, 12:38)bushida87 Wrote: Doesnt work with Leia 18.1 and Titan Bingie Skin :-(
There is a Login Bug?
With Arctic Zephyr 2 and a fresh install it works
The problem is with one of the dependencies, namely CherryPi. Bingie repository has it in the newest version, while you need 11.0.0. Go to the Spotify plugin page, select Dependencies. Go to the CherryPi and downgrade it to the 11.0.0 version.
Hello,
first I wanted to thank for your good work.
The issue for me is I cant get sound while using your addon, I am not evan 100% sure I did start the music. I tried "Qeue item", "Play next" and "Play using..." tried with PAPlayer and VideoPlayer
I assumed it is just "clicking" the song you want to play.
I use Kodi on Xiaomi Mi 9 with Mi UI 10. Android 9
I assume I dont get any sounds is because apperently there is an Option "Playback Device" but I cant choose to use the phone as the device.
Maybe you can correct me if I am wrong or give me an advice how to solve my issue.
Greetings Rasheel
Today i launced Kodi and suddenly Spotify returned an error.
I found this in the logs: https://paste.kodi.tv/wuqiwetuda.kodi

Anyone got any ideas what is going on here, can it be fixed?
I already cleaned addon_data and re-entered credentials etc.
Hi there, 

Does anyone know where can I get the spotty source code, I cannot find it.

I am looking for it because Yesterday  my Spotify Addons (LibreSpot and Spotify) stopped working and I found with my network sniffer a pattern that the apresolve returns a list of possible aps, but both AddOns are just trying to connect with the first one, they do not try another from the list as the official app does it, so I am currently hacking the JSON response and simulating that the localhost is the apresolve.

This line get the ap_list and removes all the servers that uses tcp:4070 and then creates the fake response file
curl -s 'http://apresolve.spotify.com' |  python -c "import sys, json; print('{\'ap_list\':'+ str([url for url in json.load(sys.stdin)['ap_list'] if '4070' not in url]) + '}')" > /storage/files/file.json

this line makes the trick, so it "redirects" apresolve.spotify.com to localhost
echo "127.0.0.1 apresolve.spotify.com" >> /run/connman/hosts

And finally start a webserver that is publishing the fake response
httpd -c /storage/httpd.conf 

my httpd.conf had this:

H:/storage/files/       # define the server root. It will override -h
A:127.0.0.1              # Allow just localhost requests
E404:/usr/www/error/404.html # /path/e404.html is the 404 (not found) error page
I:file.json                 # Show default file when a directory is requested

I put this on the autostart.sh script and it is working prety fast and stable, but Idont like to have workarounds working , so I would like to add a iteration to the spotty so try another ap from ap_list.

Any help help would be appreciated.

It has been tested on Linux x86_64 and LibreElec 9 on  RPI2 and RPI3
If you coud try my new mod, that eliminates the crash due ap reachability... 

https://github.com/jakermx/plugin.audio.spotify

Please let me know if it worked, or help mesharing your log file.
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17