• 118(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
(2021-04-10, 15:22)tehax Wrote:
(2021-04-10, 14:40)ray2301 Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 18:32)tehax Wrote: Yes. I came from apple and loved to play spotify over air play. This is of cause not possible with android now and that is why i found this issue.
actually i use airaudio on android to stream audio from my phone to kodi over airplay. it's possible.
Thanks for the hint. But i can not find this app in playstore besides airmusic instead. To run this i have to install zeroconf again and spotify will find the airplay Kodi device?

i think it's called airmusic in the play store. and i forgot - you need root access on your phone. i always root my phone so i don't keep track on that. but you can check if it works without it, they have a free app for testing. there's also another app i just saw called hyfi that claims to be able to do what you need (airplay for spotify on kodi). if you're rooted than airmusic is the one to go for. it can stream all audio from any app on your phone over airplay or dlna and it shows track info for what you're listening once you set that up in the settings.
(2021-04-07, 16:17)elkropac Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 21:34)elkropac Wrote:
(2021-01-28, 19:59)tehax Wrote: Hello,
Can somebody confirm that the Spotify connect function is not working at Kodi v19 RC with latest version 1.2.0 from ldsz (from Here)?  That is the only thing that not work for me.
Thanks
Hi, by "not working" you mean, you cannot connect to it at all or you don't get sound? For me , i can connect in mobile client, but no sound is produced from kodi
After some cargo cult programming, i think, i nailed it. I can get sound directly from kodi and also using connect. I will clone and patch repository and put link here

Did it work as expected ?
Hi !
If you are looking for version for Kodi 18, the repo are still available here : 
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...arcelveldt
(2021-04-11, 20:00)Jönke Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 21:34)elkropac Wrote: Hi, by "not working" you mean, you cannot connect to it at all or you don't get sound? For me , i can connect in mobile client, but no sound is produced from kodi
After some cargo cult programming, i think, i nailed it. I can get sound directly from kodi and also using connect. I will clone and patch repository and put link here

Sorry, did not have time to investigate problems with interrupted sound. It plays, yes, but get's interrupted
(2021-04-12, 15:28)elkropac Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 16:17)elkropac Wrote: After some cargo cult programming, i think, i nailed it. I can get sound directly from kodi and also using connect. I will clone and patch repository and put link here

Sorry, did not have time to investigate problems with interrupted sound. It plays, yes, but get's interrupted
Here is the repo, with minimal changes needed to get sound out of it again:
https://github.com/Elkropac/plugin.audio.spotify

i was also trying upgrading cheroot and cherrypy and spotty client, but it's not necessary now.

I still get spotty launched and zombified several times, but i don't know if it behaved like that before on older kodi
hija there,

I've got no cloned the github Elkropac plugin.audio.spotify but how can I make it a .zip for processing in kodi 19 matrix on a raspi 4b with 4gb RAM? how to compile this python addon?
(2021-04-06, 21:34)elkropac Wrote: Hi, by "not working" you mean, you cannot connect to it at all or you don't get sound? For me , i can connect in mobile client, but no sound is produced from kodi

Can you please test addon from ldsz https://github.com/ldsz/plugin.audio.spotify ? He merged my changes. Thanks
Hey Guys,
nice to see that there exitsts a working spotify Addon, but how to use it?
Is it compatible with Kodi Leia??

Thanks for help
Hi all. I installed https://github.com/ldsz/plugin.audio.spotify a week or two ago on Kodi 19, seemed to work fine. Tried to play it this evening however and it failed to play, instead it seemed to rapidly skip through all the titles in my playlist before crashing.
I just installed https://github.com/ldsz/plugin.audio.spotify on Matrix running on Windows 10 and it works great! Thank you! Playback is smooth and I can select and play items either from directly within the Kodi interface or use it as a Spottyconnect endpoint. The only issue I've run into is there's a slight pause of 2-3 seconds between songs. Otherwise, things are working exactly as I'd want them to.
Hi,

I just installed https://github.com/ldsz/plugin.audio.spotify on 19.1 and Win10. I can see my playlists and after start a track, it jumps from one track to the other without playback. 

This error is in the log:

2021-05-14 18:11:09.216 T:9544    ERROR <general>: [14/May/2021:18:11:09] NATIVE_ADAPTER Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\cherrypy\_cpnative_server.py", line 89, in respond
                                                       self.send_response(
                                                     File "C:\Users\KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\cherrypy\_cpnative_server.py", line 117, in send_response
                                                       req.write(seg)
                                                     File "C:\Users\KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\cheroot\server.py", line 1133, in write
                                                       self.conn.wfile.write(chunk)
                                                     File "C:\Users\KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\cheroot\makefile.py", line 438, in write
                                                       res = super().write(val, *args, **kwargs)
                                                     File "C:\Users\KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\cheroot\makefile.py", line 36, in write
                                                       self._flush_unlocked()
                                                     File "C:\Users\KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\cheroot\makefile.py", line 45, in _flush_unlocked
                                                       n = self.raw.write(bytes(self._write_buf))
                                                     File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\socket.py", line 687, in write
                                                       return self._sock.send(b)
                                                   ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen

Maybe it helps to find the fault...

Uwe
KODI 20 - AEON MQ8 for NEXUS MOD
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
(2021-05-14, 18:23)Holzfred Wrote: Hi,

I just installed https://github.com/ldsz/plugin.audio.spotify on 19.1 and Win10. I can see my playlists and after start a track, it jumps from one track to the other without playback. 

This error is in the log:

2021-05-14 18:11:09.216 T:9544    ERROR <general>: [14/May/2021:18:11:09] NATIVE_ADAPTER Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\cherrypy\_cpnative_server.py", line 89, in respond
                                                       self.send_response(
                                                     File "C:\Users\KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\cherrypy\_cpnative_server.py", line 117, in send_response
                                                       req.write(seg)
                                                     File "C:\Users\KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\cheroot\server.py", line 1133, in write
                                                       self.conn.wfile.write(chunk)
                                                     File "C:\Users\KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\cheroot\makefile.py", line 438, in write
                                                       res = super().write(val, *args, **kwargs)
                                                     File "C:\Users\KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\cheroot\makefile.py", line 36, in write
                                                       self._flush_unlocked()
                                                     File "C:\Users\KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.spotify\resources\lib\cheroot\makefile.py", line 45, in _flush_unlocked
                                                       n = self.raw.write(bytes(self._write_buf))
                                                     File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\socket.py", line 687, in write
                                                       return self._sock.send(b)
                                                   ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen

Maybe it helps to find the fault...

Uwe

Hi Uwe
Had exactly same issue when updating from 19 to 19.1. Tried to re-install Spotify without success, switching back to 19.0 did the "trick" at the moment. I normally would not expect such issues in minor updates of Kodi Version - strange.
Regards
Set buffermode to 0 (old default) and the addon will work with 19.1.

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache
(2021-05-16, 17:37)FernetMenta Wrote: Set buffermode to 0 (old default) and the addon will work with 19.1.

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache
Works. Thank you!

Uwe
KODI 20 - AEON MQ8 for NEXUS MOD
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
After trying to get the embedded spotty player to work with no luck for a while I decided to give spotifyd a try, and for my setup (Ubuntu x86-64) it seems that spotifyd is more stable. I can play music from my phone or my laptop to my mediacenter, and all it took was to set up a working spotifyd config and then launch it from the Startup.xml of my favorite skin.

Now I want a Kodi frontend for Spotify, to drive the daemon. I wonder if it would make sense to build on this excellent work, splitting it into two parts, a player backend, and a controller front-end. That way it would be possible to swap out different back-end players to allow users to find one that works for them, and concentrate on making the front-end rock solid.

Does this seem like a reasonable idea? What do you all think?
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17