Req Clickable link to play movie in Export list
It would be extremely handy if there was a link on a selected movie in the SimpleConfluence export list so one could play the movie.
the main purpose for exporting is (imho) to share the lists with friends.. Clickable links in this exported templates won't work on other PC than the tmm running one..

why would you need that?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Because I may send a number of media files to friends together with an associated exported list so they may browse it and see what the movies are about and decide which movie/s they wish to run especially if they are using a PC. So far I have used Data Crow to do that for example. They can then click on a movie they wish to see after browsing the list and run it.

I find that tmm is easier to use than Data Crow and far better to use than kodi when it comes to selecting media via genre for example. I have my movies in folders according to my specific genre requirements and when kodi does its thing then there are genre collections all over the place (some movies end up with five genre classifications) and nothing like mine which sucks. At least tmm has the facility to filter the database via folder. I have used wimm to fix movies in kodi DB according to my genre classes but it is a pain in the rectum to use. One should be able to select the genre/s one needs/don't need in any media manager like kodi. As it is when one wishes to run a movie on a TV or networked PC from a kodi server that it is better to look through them via File names list rather that a genre option.

What would be good is a media manager that provides a good movie list that one can browse to select what one wishes to view.

Also it is not possible (as far as I have tested) to be able to list
well, that does not seem to be a regular use case of the export templates and thus I won't add it per default.
But the good part is: themes are easily edit-/modify-able Big Grin

Just copy the folder of the SimpleConfluence theme to another name in the templates folder (otherwise it will get overwritten by an update) and add the following part to the list.jtme file

Code:
<!-- create a clickable link to launch the movie -->
<div>
    Play the movie:<br />
    ${foreach movie.mediaFiles video}
          ${if video.type="VIDEO"}
            <a href="${video.file.absolutePath}">${video.file.absolutePath}</a><br />
        ${end}
    ${end}
</div>
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Cool! Tthanks muchly for that I will give it a try and let you know...
Ok miaggner I have now tried this modification and it works to the degree that "Play the movie:" appears on top left of each browser page but there is no effective clickable link. Also (a minor point) the font is in white and on movie page/s with white in that part of the background the link is invisible. If it could be in red maybe that would be good - however don't wish to impinge on your helpful assistance too much!
that code is only for a working link (you need to paste this code inside the foreach movie loop (e.g. I did this after line 49).
Do have it look nicely you may want to do some HTML/CSS magic (I am not a pro here Big Grin)
Thanks again - that works fine now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clickable link to play movie in Export list0