Changing Startup Focus / Menu Order
Can someone give me a hand please. When Kodi starts up, I want "TV Shows" to be the default selection (focus).

I've been doing alot of reading about this, and found that the best way this is accomplished is to just swap the position of "Movies" and "TV Shows" as the center object is going to be the focus.

So in reading, I found i should edit the "Home.xml" file according to the wiki to do the swap.

However, I couldn't find home.xml. So more reading. For some background I'm on an android TV box, Kodi was installed from the play store on android. Originally I installed Isengard, but have since let play update Kodi to Jarvis. I found nothing recent in posts, but did find this thread on reddit which seems applicable.

So I jumped over to githhb, and grabbed the entire zip file, and extracted it's contents to: "/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.confluence/"

I edited home.xml in the 720p folder according to the wiki. I just flipflopped the two sections and now it is:

Code:
                    <item id="11">
                        <label>31955</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,TVShowTitles,return)</onclick>
                        <icon>-</icon>
                        <thumb>-</thumb>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowButton) + Library.HasContent(TVShows)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="10">
                        <label>31954</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)</onclick>
                        <icon>-</icon>
                        <thumb>-</thumb>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMovieButton) + Library.HasContent(Movies)</visible>

But it's still not working. Hasn't changed anything from what I can tell (I had to reset all the skin's settings but other than that the layout is the same)

Thanks!
Another option is to use a mod of Confluence, like Xonfluence http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238630 and all of this (and more) can be easily defined in the settings.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-03-24, 07:48)jmh2002 Wrote: Another option is to use a mod of Confluence, like Xonfluence http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238630 and all of this (and more) can be easily defined in the settings.

At first I was like, umm, I just want to make this change, not reskin, just make this tiny little change. But I installed Xonfluence to try it as I didn't have any other choice. And at first it was like holy crap all the settings! Too many options! But after I slowly waded through it I was like oh this is the bees knees here. So much control and refinement. This is perfect!

Only thing that I think could improve this is a wiki or syllabus to what all the changes do and mean. Some were easy, some I was able to figure out, some I still don't get. Trial and error I guess.

But thanks for the suggestion, and thanks to the creators & maintainers of this wonderful skin!
(2016-03-29, 23:09)bigjess007 Wrote: Only thing that I think could improve this is a wiki or syllabus to what all the changes do and mean. Some were easy, some I was able to figure out, some I still don't get. Trial and error I guess.

True, but this can probably be said of a lot of skins - nobody likes writing documentation Tongue

If you have any questions about the bits you don't get post over in the Xonfluence thread and someone will help you.

Like many skins there is also some advanced functionality tucked away in Xonfluence which may not be immediately apparent, like adding custom widgets which can link to specific section of an addon (not only the library), but you need some code for this (which you can normally find by adding the item to favourites first)

eg: plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/

which would make a home screen widget showing the latest videos from YouTube-My Subscriptions Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2016-03-30, 08:14)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2016-03-29, 23:09)bigjess007 Wrote: Only thing that I think could improve this is a wiki or syllabus to what all the changes do and mean. Some were easy, some I was able to figure out, some I still don't get. Trial and error I guess.

True, but this can probably be said of a lot of skins - nobody likes writing documentation Tongue

Gasp! Say it ain't so! Big Grin No one can come back and say RTFM without "TFM" lolol. j/k You're right though, with finite time, spend it all on development, and we'll all figure it out through trial and error.

In all seriousness, I think through alot of said trial and a lot of error, I got it all dialed in. Only thing I can't find is how to easily add "switch user" as a sub menu, which I think in a around about way goes in to what you're saying about the custom widgets. I ended up just making a crude hack and adding the shut down menu as a submenu option which then upon clicking that gives the menu and I can choose switch user. I'm sure there's a more elegant way of doing it and I may see if I can do the favorite you mention to get the code string for it. But it's trivial, my hack is functional and I'm the only one who "switches user". Moving the TV Shows dead center was the primary mission I accomplished, and then further dialed in all settings alot more thanks to all the options available from this wonderful skin.

Thanks again!
I have (and use) both Profile Switcher (Login Screen) and Profile Settings (Profiles) on a sub menu. It's easy, you will find them both under the Profiles Menu section in the when trying to add the sub menu item.

It doesn't require any special code - that is only for custom widgets, many of which also don't require any special code if you set them up as a video node, but that will depend on exactly how you want your skin to look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing Startup Focus / Menu Order0