Android Firestick Transparency Skin won't stay.
Newbie here, I installed Jarvis 16 on Firestick and switched skin to Transparency...been 3 days of frustration.
Problem: Every time I configure Transparency and get it to the way I like it, I loose all my settings the moment I reboot my Firestick.

H.E.L.P...what am I missing? I am off work Friday and would like to relax with my new toy instead of messing with configurations.
Quick responses please.

NEWBIE.[/size]
Hello all, I read some of these threads and quickly gathered I have no idea what is happening; what I do know is happening and I have posted my own thread seeking answers is that this wonderful TRANSPARENCY skin I have now switched to will not retain any of my settings after a reboot of my Fire stick or KODI. Last night I switched to Nebula (don't like it) just to see if the same happens and it didn't...Nebula retained my settings.

Someone please help the new guy figure this out.
WOW...this must be the hazing portion of joining this site where the new guy questions gets ignored. Here it is again just in case Anyone cares to answer.

Newbie here, I installed Jarvis 16 on Fire-stick and switched skin to Transparency...been 3 days of frustration.
Problem: Every time I configure Transparency and get it to the way I like it, I loose all my settings the moment I reboot my Fire-stick.

H.E.L.P...what am I missing? I am off work Friday and would like to relax with my new toy instead of messing with configurations.
Quick responses please.

NEWBIE.
WOW...this must be the hazing portion of joining this site where the new guy questions gets ignored. Ronie I am guessing you're the keeper of the TRANSPARENCY scripts here...any thoughts on my issue.
Ronie - you seem to be the keeper of the TRANSPARENCY script, any thoughts about my issue?

Hello all, I read some of these threads and quickly gathered I have no idea what is happening; what I do know is happening and I have posted my own thread seeking answers is that this wonderful TRANSPARENCY skin I have now switched to will not retain any of my settings after a reboot of my Fire stick or KODI. Last night I switched to Nebula (don't like it) just to see if the same happens and it didn't...Nebula retained my settings.

Ronie - you seem to be the keeper of the TRANSPARENCY script, any thoughts about my issue?

Hey NYCE1, not sure why you aren't getting a response and unfortunately I can't help. I would suggest two things. First post a debug log. Second, is more of a question. After you switch skins and make some setting changes, have you tried to properly exit out of Kodi? Not just switch to Amazon home screen or reboot but click the Kodi exit? U think I read about someone having similar problem and that was the fix. But I could be wrong.
Thanks for my only response thus far Idokfire. The answer to your question is yes. I have tried all manner of exiting KODI with the same result. Also we have to remember that from time to time KODI might freeze which requires a powering down of our devices and a restart; I imaging this happening and simulate it and the same thing happen...all personal settings in Transparency are erased and returned to TRANS default screen.

I bought my first configured Fire-stick a week ago online and a few days later I had figured it out enough to wipe it and do my own setup...trying to not be a leech but a contributor.

How do I get a debug log to post - remember I am a newbie (but won't be for long and they will rue the day they ignored me...haaa :-) )

Setup:
Fire-stick
Jarvis 16
Confluence skin
I don't think anyone is ignoring you, keep in mind most users are working people and don't hover over the forum, so ask a question and next day is still a reasonable response time. In your case with a 'firestick' you are looking for a user with that hardware, running the skin T! Jarvis and is knowledgeable enough to be able to help. A debug log does go a long way... Log file/Advanced (wiki) post to a public paste-bin and linked back to this thread.

So you're losing all your configurations... So does the default T! still show up or are you bounced back to Confluence? Is the version of T! from the repository or somewhere else? Most of T! settings are stored here C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\guisettings.xml save this file and replace on next boot, should bring you back to your configurations. What exact settings are you missing most, I hope it';s not some add-on junk.
Hi PatK - What I lose is my personal settings of T!, I am bounced back to the default T! screen (no personal settings). I got my T! install using the Addon Installer so I am guessing it's the latest. The settings I am missing are just all the personal ones that T! gives us access to and I try to make use of all the ones I currently understand.
Need a de-bug log posted to a public paste-bin and linked back to this thread., you've just not provided sufficient information.

What settings are not being saved? and not 'just all the personal ones'. Just one setting that doesn't hold will do. Losing your sources? Losing your video configuration? Audio?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Firestick Transparency Skin won't stay.1