"MySQL is not available" notification
Similar to how the PVR can notify to say the backend is not reachable, would it be possible to get a similar notification to say MySQL has gone away.
Have a feeling you may say this is better suited to being an addon.

Also, whilst on-topic. Is MySQL backend still scheduled for death at some point?
Has that been added into the roadmap yet, or still in distant future?

Im about to set up a few clients with centralized db's and it'll be a kick in the teeth to loose this functionality within the next 2 years.
The bigger issue is that it will take about an hour or two for Kodi to start up when the MySQL server isn't available. Much longer on ARM-based devices. Most people just assume Kodi has crashed all together. Eventually Kodi will fallback to SQLite. If the timeout was much shorter, or maybe the number of tries (it goes through each version number to about 70, I think), then a notification would be a very good idea.

As far as I know, there is no hurry to kill MySQL support. It's less that it will be "killed" and more that it will likely be dropped once all of those functions are replaced in a satisfactory way. Even then, I doubt there will be a rush to remove it, unless MySQL support is in the way of some other development, or is flat out broken.
I was thinking more along the lines of Kodi has been working fine and in use for days and then the db goes away.
Meaning the media / sources are available and everything looks fine, but you have no library available.

Admittedly i was tired, but it took me 2 hours to work out my nas had upgraded itself and MySQL had been stopped.
Everything else was working fine.

Niche use case i openly admit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"MySQL is not available" notification0