• 3(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
KODI + wrapper (external player ) to play files from SMB network, the SMB network should have no User ID and Password( guest ).
We ask to himedia a full wrapper, it's a "Requested Features" not a issues.

The only big issues it's
- Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 and 7.1 not passthrough.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
@JustAnotherUser, as I noted in the review, don't let that list scare you... we've been deliberately nitpicky Smile. The SMB shares access has to do with password protected shares, which previous-gen Q's have had issue with, and same with Pro. All my usage w/Pro has been with non-password protected SMB shares w/o any issues. Occasionally Kodi will give you that annoying "Error 2 - Share Not Found" message, but I've seen this happen on other Android, OpenELEC and even Windows players. This is easily solved by manually adding your network share with smb://ip.address.of.server.

The audio (or lip-)sync error, frame-skips, and 3D flip-eyes not working are the most serious issues at this point. The PSU issue happened to my Q10 Pro sample when I first got it (unit seemed dead, didn't work for a while), but it hasn't been an issue since. As for mid-release April, HiMedia won't get all the kinks worked out, but in present state, it's mostly solid vs. not. Any relevant bugs should be fixable, I think/hope by Fall or so.

The DD+ issue looun noted above is not a huge deal IMHO. DD+ isn't that common, and Q10 Pro will at least decode to standard DD5.1. Still, it's on the issue tracker spreadsheet as proper DD+ bitstreaming should be supported.

The other thing is HiMedia hinted that the final production units (vs. the pre-release samples we beta-testers got) has a newer, improved h/w revision. No details provided yet as to which issues it potentially addresses.

And now we know the cost of Q10 Pro: $200.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
If I remember correctly didn't past Himedia have a problem playing .Mkv with internal subs?

Can anyone test if the new Q5/Q10 can play these subs.

Thanks

the only problem is with Forced subtitles detection, internal and external sub not have any issues ( i watch all video in english + italian sub 2D/3D )
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
Forced subs are working in Q10 Pro, at least in MKV... you can test w/samples I've posted to A/V Samples wiki. I don't know however if they're working in full BD ISO rips (like 'Avatar' 2D or 3D).
My Family Room Theater
Do you happen to know roughly the Q5 Pro price too ?
Just guessing, via ratio jump on Q10 Pro...

> Current-gen Q10 $170, Q10 Pro $200

> Current-gen Q5 $140, Q5 Pro $165?
My Family Room Theater
(2016-03-29, 16:09)JustAnotherUser Wrote: Do you happen to know roughly the Q5 Pro price too ?
Q10 pro £139.99 pre-order ( EU )
Q5 pro Unknown
Thanks for the good news guys.

New here, and to the whole stand alone media streamers, I have just pre ordered the Q10 pro, and looking forward to receiving it, to compliment my Samsung UHD TV, which I might add streams quite well, but is very limited at decent audio.

just been reading about the DD+ problems, and was rather concerned, as Netflix uses DD+ on a lot of their content, and I currently use a bluray player to get the audio to my AV amp, and as I want to use the Q10 pro to stream Netflix to the TV and output DD+ to the AV amp, I am hoping that this issue will be fixed soon?
It has been brought to HiMedia engineers' attention, but we beta-testers haven't had any recent updates from them sadly. DD+ will play as regular DD5.1, but we obviously want passthru.

BTW, where did you pre-order Q10 Pro from?
My Family Room Theater
I signed up on the HiMedia website for notification, and received an email link today, and was able to pre order from that.
Didn't know they were shipping direct, from China? Or did you order from Futeko?
My Family Room Theater
(2016-03-30, 01:26)Tricky-Ricky Wrote: just been reading about the DD+ problems, and was rather concerned, as Netflix uses DD+ on a lot of their content, and I currently use a bluray player to get the audio to my AV amp, and as I want to use the Q10 pro to stream Netflix to the TV and output DD+ to the AV amp, I am hoping that this issue will be fixed soon?
Dolby Digital Plus issue is irrelevant here. You are not going to get Dolby Digital Plus from Netflix. There is 99% or higher probability that Netflix will stream only in SD on Q10 Pro. I am however intrigued how this got Dolby Audio license.
Good point... Netflix and other premium apps are just going to be the 480p-capped 'tablet' versions on this and most other unsanctioned Chinese Android boxes.
My Family Room Theater
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8