• 35(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2016-05-13, 23:28)destroyer2usa Wrote: OK...Got my q10pro up and running...I also noticed the microstutter with 2160p content...

If I select a 10 bit video output it always defaults back to 8 bit. That's a known bug in the 1.01 shipping firmware?

i think it will be fixed with the next f/w

I notice that video ouput is not as sharp with my dune prime 3.0 when playing some 1080p trailers. Some kind of softness to the image.

I left the imprex engine at default...colors do pop more when I have selected HDR 10 video output.
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2016-05-14, 22:34)gbakay Wrote:
(2016-05-14, 17:53)OlivierQC Wrote: I found some thing about the pink spot, when i select 2160p 60hz there are here, but when i select 2160p 24hz, it's perfect not pink on the screen.

I'm having picture problems with Q10 Pro as well. When I select 1080p I get a green tint on some scenes but when I select 2160p 60hz it minimizes the green effect I will try 2160 24p and see what happens.

let me know Smile

Also in 2160p 60hz when I play 1080p movies I get ghosting when scenes change. Mostly there in dark scenes.

i watched action movie with a lot of dark scenes and i did not notice anything but in my case the tv switched in 2160p 24hz when the movie starts, not you ?

Question Oliver....when you boot your Q10 Pro on your Sony do you get green shadow around the HiMedia logo? It happens to me for a few seconds.

never, i made a video :

https://youtu.be/St3uyoak-n8
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

Hello.
I am about to order a Q10 Pro, but i want to know more about the fan on the back of the unit.
Does it always stay on?How loud is the fan?Can it be turned off?
Thank you.
(2016-05-15, 17:15)titanxxl Wrote: Hello.
I am about to order a Q10 Pro, but i want to know more about the fan on the back of the unit.

Does it always stay on?

Yes

How loud is the fan?

it is a Low Noise fan, the fan is very quiet.

Can it be turned off?

No

Thank you.

The fan is very quiet , in fact its as though there is not one there
Got a question regarding 4k and Autoswitching.

If i change the resolution in the HiMedia Settings to 2160 24p or 60 , it works. if i than watch a 4k movie in Kodi , that's fine as well.
However if i change it to HDMI Auto Switching in HiMedia Settings., and if i than watch a 4k Movie , it changes the resolution to 1080p24 in Kodi.

Am i missing something ?
Hy Guys,

I am thinking about buying a Q10 Pro but I would like to know if Its support high resolution audio output by USB port.

if yes, does it support USB DAC such as TEAC UD 503 or Denon DA-300?

Last but not at least does I would like to use it only for movie and spotify stream with usb dac so does it worth to buy or better to have a mini pc for this price.

Thank you in advance!
Kodi not working anymore. I got error waiting for external storage...

I deleted the app but cann't install again get error:

App requires external storage. Insert SD card or usb storage with sufficient storage and try again.

I have 3 TB hooked up so that should be sufficient storage I suppose...

Ok..a couple of times shutting it down and restarting fixed it.

Could download and install Kodi again...

Hope alle these bugs get irronned in a couple of months...

I'm used to a 100 % working Dune Prime 3.0 and also my mede8er 1000 X3D works 100%.

I was planning on selling one of them but I will put that on hold.
(2016-05-15, 20:18)NOGRP Wrote: Hy Guys,

I am thinking about buying a Q10 Pro but I would like to know if Its support high resolution audio output by USB port.

if yes, does it support USB DAC such as TEAC UD 503 or Denon DA-300?

Last but not at least does I would like to use it only for movie and spotify stream with usb dac so does it worth to buy or better to have a mini pc for this price.

Thank you in advance!

yes with Neutron and HibyMusic , spotify a don't think .

I have also test internal embed DAC of SoC( Hi3798C V200 ) to Analog stereo RCA output ( red/white ), compared to my onkyo nr-818.

The sound quality is very good and clear,very close to yA/V receiver.
No sound distortion and eletrostatic noise.
There is NOT background noise ( noticeable on previous generation ) , maybe new power DC help this.

It's not hi-end audio device, but it's very good for a "media box".

(2016-05-15, 20:29)destroyer2usa Wrote: Kodi not working anymore. I got error waiting for external storage...

try to flash again firmware
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Fixed without flashing.

I notice slight ghost images around figures when they are turning in dim lit scenes with 1080P content.

Same scene on my Dune works 100%.

Also some artifacts are then visible, again not on Dune.

Must be due to Imprex Engine. Haven't tested it with disabled because I read that disabling it does not get saved?

I'll wait for f/w which saves the setting for Imprex Engine.
(2016-05-16, 07:59)destroyer2usa Wrote: I notice slight ghost images around figures when they are turning in dim lit scenes with 1080P content.

Must be due to Imprex Engine. Haven't tested it with disabled because I read that disabling it does not get saved?

I am now getting the same issues. It appeared after I installed the latest wrapper.

I have uninstalled latest wrapper and gone back to original and tried fine tuning every setting but I just cannot seem to get the PQ back to how it was when I first got the Q10 Pro. Really not happy now because what ever I watch I can see the ghosting.

Going to be going back to the RPi3 until new firmware released.
(2016-05-16, 10:14)PJDavis1970 Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 07:59)destroyer2usa Wrote: I notice slight ghost images around figures when they are turning in dim lit scenes with 1080P content.

I am now getting the same issues. It appeared after I installed the latest wrapper.

I have uninstalled latest wrapper and gone back to original and tried fine tuning every setting but I just cannot seem to get the PQ back to how it was when I first got the Q10 Pro. Really not happy now because what ever I watch I can see the ghosting.

wrapper it's only a link between kodi and mediavideoplayer and mount iso/bdmv blray.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
(2016-05-16, 10:45)looun Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 10:14)PJDavis1970 Wrote:

wrapper it's only a link between kodi and mediavideoplayer and mount iso/bdmv blray.

Yeah I understand that but something has caused the PQ of playback from mediavideoplayer to become horrid. I have spent about 4 hours trying everything to get it back to how it was. Th only thing I have not tried is a factory reset of the Q10.

The thing is as we are so close to release of new firmware and this will be equivalent to a factory reset I have decide not to waste time and just use the RPi3. as I have no media at the moment that requires the Q10 over the Pi it makes no sense to waste time trying to figure out whats going on with the current system.
I switched to 2160p 24 hz output and 8 bit 4.4.4 videosignal and no more ghosting.

Awesome PQ with blurays, tested with latest Starwars, and no microstutter...smooth as butter.

Very pleased. Now bring to f/w for HDR support.. I have a lot of 4K series to test which have HDR .
(2016-05-16, 23:03)destroyer2usa Wrote: I switched to 2160p 24 hz output and 8 bit 4.4.4 videosignal and no more ghosting.

Interesting

(2016-05-16, 23:03)destroyer2usa Wrote: Very pleased. Now bring to f/w for HDR support.. I have a lot of 4K series to test which have HDR .
you can try with hisilicon Videoplayer ( com.hisilicon.android.videoplayer ) into your Q10 pro, You can use it with from file manager, select file -> open with.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8