• 73(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2016-09-26, 19:25)jedpod Wrote: I doubt because even real time clock is not operating when device is off-line (but attached to socket) - it always starts from 01:00:00.
There is no internal lithium battery to power the Real Time Clock of Q10 (if exists) when the device is turned off, so current time needs to be retrieved from the Internet every time that the device is booted. This issue has no solution.

PS. You are not the only one complaining about this! The other one is me Big Grin
(2016-09-26, 19:25)jedpod Wrote: Disappointment (comparison to Dune D1):
- can't play iso using DVD, BR menu - I spent plenty of time preparing nice menu for my DVD and BR, with Q10 Pro it was waste of time
- DVD iso search function it is a disaster, effectively it is useless. Jump to selected moment in time is not possible
- DVD iso jump to next chapter is useless, sometime it is +1, sometime -1 and could be +10, looks like random
- DVD iso jump to previous chapter is better but far away to be perfect
- BR iso - jumping to chapter works better but needs some tuning as well
- when folder has got several footage in row, Q10 Pro takes just one, to play the next one I need to select it and press 'OK', Dune allows me to play whole folder and even within folder it jumps to the next one without prompt
- Dune allows to jump to the 0%, 10%, 20%, ..., 90% length of the movie with '0', '1', .. '9' keys on RC, VuDuo2 (enigma2 PVR) use '3', '6', '9' to jump on recordings relatively by 10 sec, 1 min, 5 min (alterable) in

for DVD manu you can use kodi(dvaplayer) internal player: install Kodi ADDON HI Frequency-Switcher and this playercorefactory.xml

BR menu are support only by dune solo 4k and kodi(no java menu).

for FORWARD you can use this patch: Key-map-Remote-Control-PATCH
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Anyone could make a direct comparison of the PQ of this player with the PQ of a non-Android device like the Popcorn A-500 or Dune Solo 4K? I know these devices play in a different league, they don't use Android OS and cannot use Kodi (save for the A500-Pro, but Android support is in its infancy). However, I think it would be interesting to see if a $200 device can rival (or not) a $300 device. I'm specially interested in comparing the Imprex Engine with the VXP Engine.

Thanks in advance.
I've tested PCH VTEN and found PQ to be excellent w/VXP, similar to Imprex on Q5/Q10 Pro. But, PCH players are slow, unintuitive and clunky vs. using Kodi. One thing PCH does is MVC MKV, which HiMedia still doesn't support. But, for 4K, even the newer PCH and Dune players fall short w/4K @ 30 and HDMI 1.4 (vs. 2.0 and 10-bit + HDR support on HiMedia).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Thank you for all the replies but i don't use MXPlayer or Kodi.Is there a way to do the multiple external subs with the MediaCenter app on the Q10/Q5 Pro?
(2016-09-27, 22:28)hdmkv Wrote: I've tested PCH VTEN and found PQ to be excellent w/VXP, similar to Imprex on Q5/Q10 Pro. But, PCH players are slow, unintuitive and clunky vs. using Kodi. One thing PCH does is MVC MKV, which HiMedia still doesn't support. But, for 4K, even the newer PCH and Dune players fall short w/4K @ 30 and HDMI 1.4 (vs. 2.0 and 10-bit + HDR support on HiMedia).
I'm just considering PQ and, specially, at 1080p and lower resolutions. I know that PCH user interface is slow because is based on Flash, but according this review, A-500/VTEN have better image, better video scaling and are sharper than Pioneer BDP-450 Blu-ray player, equipped with the famous Marvell Qdeo chip. In short, do you think that Q10 Pro has better image than those devices equipped with Marvell Qdeo? It's a surprising statement.
I'd say no, judged on PQ primarily and proper framerates, and if you don't care about Kodi, A-500/VTEN w/Marvell Qdeo would likely be better. Also, I know that PCH does 23.976 with MVC MKV's and 3D ISO's perfectly, which HiMedia has yet to deliver on.

Other PQ purists may have thoughts on this as well. Please chime in Smile.

Edit: My bad, meant VXP, not Qdeo, in PCH.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-09-28, 00:58)hdmkv Wrote: A-500/VTEN w/Marvell Qdeo would likely be better.
But A-500/VTEN do NOT have the Marvell Qdeo chip, it's included in BDP-450. What I said before is that according to that review, A-500/VTEN are superior than BDP-450 (Qdeo), so if this is true and you're right, Q10 Pro is on par with A-500/VTEN and is better than a device with Qdeo. Is this correct? Come on folks, we have a potentially hot discussion here Big Grin
(2016-09-20, 00:38)looun Wrote: bored about missing STOP button into himedia irda remote. Undecided
I have thinking about a simple solution:the button 0 (zero) on remote is not used ,so why not switch KEY mapping button between 0 (zero) to STOP .
i have change the KEY map file ,so now every time you press ZERO with remote himediavideoplayer STOP playback Big Grin , or any application like music, kodi, youtube ecc..

version:
- 0.1 first version
key_map_0.1_beta.rar

simple:
- download file
- unzip
- duble click run_me
- insert IP address
- himedia reboot

Do we do this on the computer or the mimediabox itself?

done!
New version of HI Frequency Switcher with repository ! thanks to pcrist work.
we hope that we followed all the rules of the forum/kodi.

- download from repository with auto-update

- add button to copy key map
- add button to copy playercorefactory.xml
- fix mpeg2 play with dvdplayer
- add preliminary support Kodi 17, [b]new Kodi API Player.Process(VideoFPS) is very nice/b]
- fix nfs , http not suport wrapper SPMC/Kodi 16.1

- add service set mode 23.97 hz, 24 hz on playback stop
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
Is there a wiki or something like that, that describes how to play mkv files from a unpn server?
I have the problem, if i play a mkv file from a unpn server it seems that a other player is used and the audio stream is not right. If i play the same file from a usb drive it works fine...

Thanks for any help to solve this...
Same experience here. Upnp uses another player (Kodi?) While I get HiMediPlayer with smb-network.
If you can hook the source up to smb-network, it will play with a better player.
made a smb share on my pc, could connect to it from other computer, but the himedia q5pro cannot connect to it Sad
i have not a workgroup that could be browsed and it seems not possible to make a connection like \\1.1.1.42\Movies does not work.
The whole network stuff looks more in alpha state, no error messages etc. Wink
A Q10 Pro clone?

I have discovered this by chance when reading the A5 PDF brochure (its little brother). There is no english website available, nor any PDF brochure, just the original chinese page at Egreat's website. Even this device is not indexed by Google yet.

What do you think of this beast and the Egreat brand? It uses the same SoC as HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro, same RAM (2GB), same eMMC internal storage (16GB), can play Blu-ray menus using a special version of VidOn XBMC player and even brags about having the Imprex Engine 2.0!

Is this device a big fake?? Huh

it's not a fake himedia is not the only manufactor that use hisicon soc,but himeidia end hisilicon are huawei company-group.

VidEon is banned in this forum.

Dolby Vision is back Huh

the box it's like "High-end" product :
- the case is very nice
- double SATA port, one internal one external...very good
- RS232 port for Home automation

but priceHuh
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8