• 93(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2017-03-06, 09:56)tmihai20 Wrote:
(2017-03-05, 21:08)nenito2k Wrote: can you tell us if streaming 4h HDR is possible with ac wifi ?! what about 1080p + 7.1 audio ?!

If you are referring to Netflix/HBO/Amazon and similar devices, not, streaming is only working in SD. There is no HD, fullHD or 4K streaming in those apps. This device only has Widevine L1.
Are you 100% certain about Widevine L1 status due to.....

http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1610.0

Quote:10. Default support widevine L3

@tmihai20

NO...i was not talking about that; i was talking about streams from A local PC
@looun & @hdmkv

here is a sample from the AVforum review long ago:

"for files that are anything less than 1920 x 1080 in resolution, automatic refresh rate switching (you want the video signal Hz to be divisible by the framerate) doesn’t work. For those that have encoded their Blu-rays without the ‘black bars’, or at less than 1080p this would be particularly troublesome. There is no auto switching for 25 or 50 frames per second content, at all, either although it is easy to change output to 50Hz on-the-fly while watching, using a button on the remote control. Furthermore, on watching a few full movies, a micro-stutter effect was also occasionally visible with anything at 23.976 frames per second, which accounts for the vast majority of content out there. There doesn’t seem to be any real pattern to it and a fix is being worked on...There are some compromises, most notably the occasional loss of sync with 23.976 frames per second content"

1- also with the zidoo fixing external subs, can we expect anything from himedia ? what about the HDR format/zoom issue ?
2- just to confirm, this box does output in 10 bit...Whiteout converting in 8 bit right ?

i did read all this tread but can't memorize everything Confused as you guys are the ones with the most knowledge on these, i wanted to clarify things
(2017-03-06, 11:12)wrxtasy Wrote: Are you 100% certain about Widevine L1 status due to.....

http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=1610.0

Quote:10. Default support widevine L3

My bad, I meant to say L3. I described it correctly, but I put the wrong Widevine level.

(2017-03-06, 11:48)nenito2k Wrote: @tmihai20

NO...i was not talking about that; i was talking about streams from A local PC

As long as you have a strong WiFi signal or you are using ethernet, it can play any high bitrate. I read people could play 100 Mbit bitrate samples perfectly.
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
from Ethernet of course it can...i want to ditch cables...and play 1080/4k via AC router...
(2017-03-06, 19:27)nenito2k Wrote: from Ethernet of course it can...i want to ditch cables...and play 1080/4k via AC router...

Again, Q10 Pro it has good WiFi signal. You should use 5.4 Ghz WiFi, it has a bigger bandwidth. It all depends on how big the bitrate is and how good the signal is.
Gadget enthusiast
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
(2017-03-06, 20:17)tmihai20 Wrote: Again, Q10 Pro it has good WiFi signal. You should use 5.4 Ghz WiFi, it has a bigger bandwidth. It all depends on how big the bitrate is and how good the signal is.
Good signal strength or using 5.2GHz 802.11ac doesn't really guarantee that the throughput will also be equally high/good. You can get a link rate of 867Mbps with ~-40dBm signal strength on nVIDIA Shield, Xiaomi Mi and Minix U9-H, but a 4K video with high bitrate streams flawlessly only on the Shield. See here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2541976
(2017-03-06, 20:32)wesk05 Wrote:
(2017-03-06, 20:17)tmihai20 Wrote: Again, Q10 Pro it has good WiFi signal. You should use 5.4 Ghz WiFi, it has a bigger bandwidth. It all depends on how big the bitrate is and how good the signal is.
Good signal strength or using 5.2GHz 802.11ac doesn't really guarantee that the throughput will also be equally high/good. You can get a link rate of 867Mbps with ~-40dBm signal strength on nVIDIA Shield, Xiaomi Mi and Minix U9-H, but a 4K video with high bitrate streams flawlessly only on the Shield. See here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2541976

Well, I am not using it with WiFi, but other users have said that they were able to stream high bitrate videos. it all depends, like I said, that the bitrate of the movie does not exceed the bandwidth of the WiFi connection. 5.4 Ghz WiFi has a bigger bandwidth. I read your post, performance depends on how crowded the WiFi is. Q10 Pro performed pretty well on WiFi. I prefer using an attached HDD, to transfer it locally then to watch it. This is the reason I bought the Q10 Pro.
Gadget enthusiast
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
Smile 
Great news from Simon/Futeko:

"1.0.9 is latest Android 5.1 FW.

The next Android 7 firmware will be mid march and will be based on a new SDK."
Hopefully that finally means a fix for 23.976 w/3D... but, hopefully new SDK won't add new bugs.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
@ceaca

can you get the info regarding what we can expect ? i really don't think the issue is the 3D...the main focus should be

- fix subtitles with wrapper and be able to play all types (like zidoo just did with update)
- fix the huge HDR ratio problem
- USE android nougat capabilities regarding pass through audio and HLG etc...
- expect maybe 3D iso...like egreat and zidoo !!!
(2017-03-08, 20:09)nenito2k Wrote: @ceaca

can you get the info regarding what we can expect ? i really don't think the issue is the 3D...the main focus should be

- fix subtitles with wrapper and be able to play all types (like zidoo just did with update)
- fix the huge HDR ratio problem
- USE android nougat capabilities regarding pass through audio and HLG etc...
- expect maybe 3D iso...like egreat and zidoo !!!

No, but a have a feeling .....the truly arise of a beast.
In theory, the Hisilicon SOC does not compare to latest Realtek SOC, it is more advanced....much more.
I bought Himedia just for SOC initially.
HIsilicon it is the best.

Zidoo it is perfect for 3d, nothing more,Egreat...it is good .
I own a A5.

Just my opinion.
(2017-03-08, 14:38)hdmkv Wrote: Hopefully that finally means a fix for 23.976 w/3D... but, hopefully new SDK won't add new bugs.

Hello hdmkv,

Keep your fingers crossed Smile
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

I don't have HiMedia anymore, but a new SDK would also mean good news for eGreat A5/A10 and any other players using HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 SoC.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
@hdmkv...new sdk for android 7!

@ceaca...who told you v200 is more advanced!? AFAIK THEY have same pq same aq and share some flaws with subs and kodi...
So they are nearly identical...
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8