• 4(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2016-03-30, 01:58)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-03-30, 01:26)Tricky-Ricky Wrote: just been reading about the DD+ problems, and was rather concerned, as Netflix uses DD+ on a lot of their content, and I currently use a bluray player to get the audio to my AV amp, and as I want to use the Q10 pro to stream Netflix to the TV and output DD+ to the AV amp, I am hoping that this issue will be fixed soon?
Dolby Digital Plus issue is irrelevant here. You are not going to get Dolby Digital Plus from Netflix. There is 99% or higher probability that Netflix will stream only in SD on Q10 Pro. I am however intrigued how this got Dolby Audio license.

I have the premium Netflix package which gives me four devices and UHD, if I stream from my TV app my AV receiver only shows DD 5.1, as its only capable of DD or DTS 2.5,
but if I stream from my blurry players app my AV receiver shows DD+.

Also given that as I understand it, both the device and Kodi are capable of streaming up to 4k and DD true HD/Atmos,
surly the Netflix app will run the same resolutions that my UHD TV and bluray player is capable of given the dedicated processor on the Q10 pro....starting to wonder if I have made I mistake in ordering?
only certificate devices can streaming HD/4k and DD+ , there aren't Android OS,only Android TV device (shield , fire tv ec..)

The only except is wetek core,but only HD and 2.0 audio.

it's told many times.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
+1 ... this is the only area nVidia Shield has the advantage, along w/Android gaming if you care about that. I find locally stored 2D, 3D and 4K content actually play w/better PQ and more smoothly on Q10 Pro. And, Shield doesn't even do full 3D.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-03-27, 21:24)looun Wrote: anyway..

the big improve of new Q10 it's OMX hardware acceleration

for now it is like in the previous generation needs to use the external player HIMEDIA, but we are at halfway: the hardware decoding work with the kodi 16 ( "vanilla" play market ) player (dvdplayer):

now the standard used by kodi 16, are supported all the decoding most common:
OMX.hisi.video.decoder.mpeg4
OMX.hisi.video.decoder.avc
OMX.hisi.video.decoder.hevc
so no problem for playback of H.265 4k 10bit!

is still missing:
1) auto-switch FPS
2) HD Audio HD , only DD e DTS

on kodi needed for perfect reproduction

the good news also is Expressx Video engine work also with kodi

we hope this was first step fpr better integration in to kodi
Hi.

The box seems very interesting !!

Just a little question ton understand well.

Even with external player, you keep Kodi OSD and so you can Play, Pause, Skip, Fast Foward, Reverse with remote (physical or apps like yatse or Kore) ?

You can stop and resume ?

How this external player work ? Because I thought that when you use an external player with Kodi (VLC, MPC-HC or whatever), Kodi send the play ordre to the external player and then Kodi run in background.

This is not the case for this box / player ?

Thanks.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
is q10 qlreqdy doing perfect 29.9.. playback?

is there already work done with q10 to play 3d iso without external player?
(2016-03-31, 16:00)mikebzh44 Wrote: Even with external player, you keep Kodi OSD and so you can Play, Pause, Skip, Fast Foward, Reverse
no you use himediaplayer UI

see video on first post

(2016-03-31, 16:00)mikebzh44 Wrote: remote (physical or apps like yatse or Kore) ?

better

(2016-03-31, 16:00)mikebzh44 Wrote: You can stop and resume ?

yes

(2016-03-31, 16:00)mikebzh44 Wrote: How this external player work ? Because I thought that when you use an external player with Kodi (VLC, MPC-HC or whatever), Kodi send the play ordre to the external player and then Kodi run in background.

see video on first post
(2016-03-31, 16:15)Skank Wrote: is q10 qlreqdy doing perfect 29.9.. playback?

is there already work done with q10 to play 3d iso without external player?
yes
no
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
(2016-03-27, 21:24)looun Wrote: Image

OK but in your screenshot / video above, this is the Kodi Confluence OSD so you are not using himediaplayer UI

it's a test

Quote:for now it is like in the previous generation needs to use the external player HIMEDIA, but we are at halfway: the hardware decoding work with the kodi 16 ( "vanilla" play market ) player (dvdplayer):

dvdplayer work without problem, but there isn't auto-switch fps.
So can not be used for regular playback.
OK get it.

Any one from USA preordering Q10 pro from futeko?

http://www.futeko.com/products/MP068.php

I am thinking to buy but need honest advice if worth to buy. they will start shipping from April 27th.

reason of buying is that - I believe it is the best /fastest device available to run Kodi, which should be good for next couple of years.

I have Samsung 4k TV. So expect good 3D contents. Any advice for some other device is really appreciated??

I am just worried about Q10 pro and return incase something goes wrong in USA after buy. I am not even sure if they will ship to USA.

Thx
(2016-04-03, 14:34)justinleo Wrote: Any one from USA preordering Q10 pro from futeko?

I am thinking to buy but need honest advice if worth to buy. they will start shipping from April 27th.

reason of buying is that - I believe it is the best /fastest device available to run Kodi, which should be good for next couple of years.

I have Samsung 4k TV. So expect good 3D contents. Any advice for some other device is really appreciated??

I am just worried about Q10 pro and return incase something goes wrong in USA after buy. I am not even sure if they will ship to USA.

Thx

This box is far from the best or fastest device available currently, look at an Intel NUC if you want something with guarantee'd support for the next couple years.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Thanks. sorry I am new to Kodi world.
(2016-04-03, 14:34)justinleo Wrote: Any one from USA preordering Q10 pro from futeko?

Thx
If I get one it would be be the Q5 pro. I don't need the hard drive option.

(2016-04-03, 15:32)justinleo Wrote: Thanks. sorry I am new to Kodi world.

No apologies necessary man, you being new to Kodi is exactly why this box is not for you, this is something for a niche group, if you want something thats going to be useful and guaranteed usable for a few years your only real option is an HTPC. Of course this is just my opinion, others will feel different but check out the Chrombox/NUC/intel threads. Cost is a bit more upfront but itll be worth it in the end.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Just ordered one of these in 2nd pre release today, cant wait to get my hands on it and report back!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8