• 5(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
me too Rofl.
Missed the last one.
Hope these final production units don't have the frame skips us beta-testers are seeing w/the pre-production samples. It's either every 21-22 seconds or 33 seconds (haven't had a chance to test myself). Plus the other bothersome issue: lip sync drift and error. HiMedia hasn't been responsive to us lately, for whatever reason.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I have one ordered from the first pre order, and should have it late next week, so I do hope they have all this sorted,
but looking forward to trying it out.
If it is w/unit you get, then it was likely resolved by the updated h/w revision. If not, it may take HiMedia some time to fix via firmware. Either way, please report back here.
My Family Room Theater
Received an email from Futeko saying tthe Q5pro is delayed. Looks like May 26..

Noticed that. Thankfully, we beta-testers will be getting the final Q10 Pro production units... so, will re-test everything and update post #1. Still don't know if there's a h/w revision, but guess we'll all find out.
My Family Room Theater
Hello,

I would like a little information about the upcoming Q10 Pro.

As we can use an internal hard disk, I wonder if a NAS function will be present in the box, like popcorn hour for exemple ?

How to upload files to the internal disk / download files from it ? Samba and / or ftp client ?
PCH A400/A410 are very different product,it's build for stay always ON ( you can turn off only video ) .

yes, with Q10 upload files to the internal disk / download files from it, only Samba /SMB.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Okay but no NAS function on the Q10 ?
If for example we have another media player plugged on anther TV on the same network, can we play files from the Q10 internal disk on the second or not ?
Do people now have final production units in their hands and are there any reviews based on final firmware ?
(2016-04-07, 21:11)WalkingMan Wrote: Okay but no NAS function on the Q10 ?
If for example we have another media player plugged on anther TV on the same network, can we play files from the Q10 internal disk on the second or not ?
you can shared content with SAMBA and DLNA .

(2016-04-08, 11:02)JustAnotherUser Wrote: Do people now have final production units in their hands and are there any reviews based on final firmware ?

nope
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
Ok thanks.
Will the box have a wol function for the internal hdd ?
(2016-04-08, 11:30)WalkingMan Wrote: Ok thanks.
Will the box have a wol function for the internal hdd ?

NO, it's not a NAS , it's a player with shared function.
(2016-04-08, 11:28)looun Wrote:
(2016-04-08, 11:02)JustAnotherUser Wrote: Do people now have final production units in their hands and are there any reviews based on final firmware ?

nope

OK, I asked as I noticed Futeko (UK) now selling from the 2nd batch.

tbh, it's the Q5 Pro I'm more interested in (network playback from a microserver), so hopefully quite a few of the initial kinks will be worked out by the time that's released (mid May I believe now) and not turn out to be another typical China box (ie full of promise but short on delivery/quality/support post release).

Has the closed beta group bug list seen much/any fixing activity?
What your seeing on the Futecko site is the pre orders, batch 1 was sold out in 24hrs, and will be dispatched on the 13th April, and the second pre order is under way at the moment, it should be dispatched on the 24th April,
from what I understand the Q5 is pretty much the same as the Q10 pro but lacking the HDD capacity.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8