Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
@BORIStheBLADE knows a thing or two about Syabas (a.k.a. Cloud Media) Smile. On a serious note, Dune Solo 4K and PCH A-500 are based on the same Sigma SoC. They likely do (or will do) 3D and 2D 1080p very well, the actual video playback. But, I have no interest in trying, especially after buying and quickly eBay'ing off a VTEN fairly recently, why?... while 3D playback was excellent, as was 2D, proper framerates, 3D subs, etc., the cons were slow, dated UI, unintuitive set-up, dated jukebox, convoluted set-up for jukebox, and no Kodi. Would you want to use Windows 3.1 when you have 10? Dune w/Zappiti and PCH w/NMJ are both trying to emulate Kodi's skins and look.

(2016-05-08, 22:22)jonsco2 Wrote: Hi guys, looking forward to getting the Q10 pro next week. Does anyone use a HDhomerun with it? Does it stream OK? Cheers in advance.
Tested, and while MPEG2 (as I'm in USA ATSC land) plays well via native HiSilicon player for non-live, already saved .ts or .mpg, live TV streaming isn't good. Tied both HDHR Kodi add-on and HDHR Android app. In both cases, there are stutters, judders and playback is just far from smooth. I think best option may be to modify HiMedia wrapper's installed playercorefactory.xml to force .strm files to be played by the native player (vs. Kodi or HDHR app). So, use HDHR app on your PC to generate .strm for every channel, save them to NAS, then play each file/channel individually. Not ideal, but if you configure native player to play them as I noted, playback should be smooth.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Messages In This Thread
HD Audio Problems with Q10 Pro - by BigPines - 2016-04-18, 18:34
RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - by hdmkv - 2016-05-10, 00:32
[Key map] Remote Control PATCH - by looun - 2016-09-20, 00:38
Egreat A10: real or fake? - by boblo - 2016-09-30, 03:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8