Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
Hi all! Just taken delivery of my new Q10 Pro (purchased locally from eBay in Australia). A huge thanks for all the work in this thread from @hdmkv

Now up and running side-by-side with my trusty old WD TV Streaming Media Player (that I really want to pension off.....). I can see all the advantages of Kodi and want to get into it as an avid HT addict.

Very happy with video performance and playing video files from NAS (once I changed from wifi back to Ethernet-Over-Power).

For some reason, however, I cannot bitstream any HD audio files to my Yamaha Aventage AVR via HDMI.
I made sure RAW and RAW 7.1 sound settings are correct and whilst it detects the files have TrueHD 7.1 / DTS-HD MA 7.1 or 96Khz PCM (when I press pause; it shows the file details it is playing correctly), it refuses to pass this audio stream successfully to my AVR Sad

I did update the Yamaha firmware but this made no difference (as I saw this suggestion made on the Futeko forum).

It plays standard AC3 5.1 and DTS (core) files fine (and the same video file with two audio streams can be switched from playing 5.1 to no audio 7.1, using the remote). Also plays normal FLAC files but not high bitrate SACD rips. The WD TV has bitstreamed all of these files to my AVR since 2013 (except 192Khz audio) so it was unexpected the Q10 is currently able to do this for me.

I will keep trying settings and different HDMI cables etc but does anyone here have suggestions on what else I may try to get bitstream 7.1 audio working? Have others had the same issue when first setting up? http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=793.0

I am not a novice with HT but this issue currently has me stumped for a solution. Confused

Messages In This Thread
HD Audio Problems with Q10 Pro - by BigPines - 2016-04-18, 18:34
RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - by Phil181 - 2016-05-21, 05:27
[Key map] Remote Control PATCH - by looun - 2016-09-20, 00:38
Egreat A10: real or fake? - by boblo - 2016-09-30, 03:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8