Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2016-07-14, 20:25)afss Wrote:
(2016-07-14, 20:20)the_jaguar Wrote:
(2016-07-14, 18:41)afss Wrote: This is confusing for me too. I would think a player would just need to be compliant to "bitstream" Dolby-vision, with no need for an extra chip, but the actual TV or Projector would definitively need the chip in order to be able to decode the dolby video data.

Could anybody help to shed some light ?

Thank you !

When I asked this question in the Pi thread, I was told that even though my TV (LG OLED) has the chip in it, unless the media box has the chip, it wouldn't be able to process it. I get DV from the webos based netflix and Amazon app on the TV itself. Also, if you are using an AV receiver in between, the receiver needs to support DV with the chip too.

Check this Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYiEK9W5-Ho

They seem have a Dolby Vision demo running, with a prototype Q5 Pro - this would imply no chip required on the media player, only at the TV (Assuming this was not a fake demo !)

Good discussion - I hope we get to the bottom of it.

Regards.

maybe was already implemented in chip ? but becuase of driver or other stuff disabled ? and NO, for dobly vision we dont must have on mainboard separate chip (but im suppose is possible in some case) i saw spec. detail AMLogic new model S912 a there is Dolby Vision

Quote:Video Post-Processing Engine – Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG HDR processing, motion adaptive 3D noise reduction filter, advanced motion adaptive edge enhancing de-interlacing engine, 3:2 pull-down support, deblocking filters, etc..
http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/04/06/a...fications/

i have ask to user, if kodi work which version ? and LiveTV working also with Clinets PVR ?

Messages In This Thread
HD Audio Problems with Q10 Pro - by BigPines - 2016-04-18, 18:34
RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi: Reviews & Utilization - by piotrasd - 2016-07-17, 14:34
[Key map] Remote Control PATCH - by looun - 2016-09-20, 00:38
Egreat A10: real or fake? - by boblo - 2016-09-30, 03:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8