Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2016-09-05, 01:03)couto27 Wrote: Any TV/projector should be calibrated with the source that is going to be used, its a mistake to have their display calibrated with something that not going to be used.
Any settings like standard /theather/cinema or processing activated in the source will give you different calibrated settings, and sometimes its impossible to achieve a perfect calibration.

I remember sometime ago, i was calibrating a samsung plasma for a friend, and just the fact that the receiver was in cinema Mode, the Gama was way off and the final result wasn't perfect. it was 3 hours lost and had to restart all over again.

Source direct, Original Resolution this is something the chip manufacturer don't implement in hardware/firmware/software, and they never will, this boxes are low cost devices to last 1 year maximum until the next chip arrives.

Anyone with high-end hardware/displays, stay way from this half-solutions, and get a proper source.

All this years of Xbmc/kodi i havent seen any settings to bypass the hardware video processing (no idea why) maybe because the public target of Kodi/xbmc are low cost solutions.

I don't understand first paragraph. Any TV/projector should be calibrated with reference source (signal generator or at least a calibrated bluray).
Any player should have either a calibrated mode or a way to calibrate the player.
My 70EUR LG BP740 passed chroma test from Spears And Munsil 2 in film mode, my q5-IV don't, even with Imprex Off (althought with Imprex On the results are worse).
On real content it's hard to see difference so I use Himedia every day for convenience.
The other non-calibrated modes either from player or TV are usefull because sometimes peoples like more saturated/contrasted content rather than calibrated.

Messages In This Thread
HD Audio Problems with Q10 Pro - by BigPines - 2016-04-18, 18:34
RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - by hansolo - 2016-09-06, 15:29
[Key map] Remote Control PATCH - by looun - 2016-09-20, 00:38
Egreat A10: real or fake? - by boblo - 2016-09-30, 03:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8